Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,951

So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC.

May 15, 2024, 9:22 AM

Baby Blue has an internal power struggle with some long term ties to the ACC versus those that have read the giant print addition tea leaves who know that the money advantage of the B1g and SEC will soon encompass every sport, including the Heels beloved basketball.

My question: What is Miami thinking? Surely they don't believe they can compete long term with the huge advantage the power two now command. Marcus Camping World can promise all the NIL money he wants, he can't win the long game against TAMU, OSU, Oregon, etc when they have the conference payout advantages coupled with huge money donors in their large alumni pool. Is DRad really that blind? If so, I'm so glad he now sports a U rather than a paw.

Is anyone else in the ACC even awake? Personally, I would love to see the woolfies regulated to D2 level play because they refused to get on board. I also hope the gold domers stick to their guns as an independent in FB and with the rise of a power two and can find no one to schedule. Maybe TD Jesus can actually become a religious symbol again.

UVA has the academic chops to join Northwestern as an afterthought in the B1G.

Wake, VaTech, Cuse, BC, will anyone really miss them?

Sorry: Didn't mean to omit Louisville and Pitt.

Louisville and Pitt, does geography make you a B1G fit? Does geography even matter anymore?

GT can likely gain a spot in the SEC and play Vandy each year for the SEC academic A+ trophy.

SMU, Cal, Stanford, what were you thinking hitching your wagon to the ACC's dying horse?

Duke, where do you fit? The Big East as a Bball conference sounds like a good fit. You could play a one game football schedule every year against UConn for the conference football title and the automatic bid to, well nothing really.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC.

May 15, 2024, 10:06 AM

I think a lot of the others are planning behind the scenes and letting CU and FSU do the heavy lifting in court. They will ultimately benefit from those rulings without having to spend the money themselves.

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 10:07 AM

I also think there might be a decent possibility that if the ACC prevailed in court and refused to negotiate buyouts, there might be 8 teams that would step up and decide to dissolve the conference for their own good.

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 12:22 PM

I would assume we need at least 9 if not 10 (not sure about ND) votes now for the majority needed to dissolve. Seems pretty unlikely and one of the main reasons I hate the addition of Stanford/Cal/SMU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC. ]

I've said before that is the best way for this to end - it costs each team nothing if they can find another conference invitation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC. ]

Great points all the way round. I've been asking myself the same questions about Miami too.

"My question: What is Miami thinking? Surely they don't believe they can compete long term with the huge advantage the power two now commands. Marcus Camping World can promise all the NIL money he wants, he can't win the long game against TAMU, OSU, Oregon, etc when they have the conference payout advantages coupled with huge money donors in their large alumni pool. Is DRad really that blind? If so, I'm so glad he now sports a U rather than a paw."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe there are others hoping for a better arrangement than what is

May 15, 2024, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: So Clemson and FSU have their cards on the table regarding the ACC. ]

currently in place. There are those that hope for a better tomorrow and those that make a better tomorrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe there are others hoping for a better arrangement than what is

May 15, 2024, 8:57 PM

What's the old saying, "hope is not a strategy"?

I think when people are insulated financially from the consequences of their lack of foresight they make imbecilic decisions :)

Miami's BOT should be raising cain. If they get left out their football program is toast. Very perplexing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Nole, I think Miami...

May 15, 2024, 10:20 AM

...would be a perfect fit for the Sun Belt when all this realignment is over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Nole, I think Miami...

May 15, 2024, 10:45 AM

This is actually something I can get behind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: As a Nole, I think Miami...

May 15, 2024, 10:25 PM

Me too

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 10:47 AM

The issue for Miami and many of the others is they don't have an unofficial offer from either of the Big two. The only reason FSU and CU stepped out is they have at least one nod from the big two that should they become available, an offer would be forthcoming. I also believe UNC has been given the nod which is the reason for the power struggle. All of the others will fall to one of the lesser conferences, so they are in no hurry. There is a chance that some of the others could get an offer at a later date, but no school wants to put their cards on the table without a landing spot in hand

You're exactly right

May 15, 2024, 9:59 PM

Miami et al can't afford to buy out of the ACC if they don't have a landing spot in the P2.

May 15, 2024, 10:55 AM

To better understand why these schools are doing what they do, look at their actions and think backwards.

If they file suit, they have a spot in the Big 2. No other reason to file. FSU and Clemson have offers.

If they do NOT file, they either do not have an offer, or they have a different reason not to file. We presume North Carolina has a landing spot but they are being tied down by state politics, trying to find a landing spot for other state institutions. Miami is a private university- politics is not holding them back. They don't currently have an offer in the Big 2 is what you have to presume.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,951
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic