Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oregon is putting together a super team
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,101

Oregon is putting together a super team

May 5, 2024, 1:12 PM

Seems like they’ve gotten almost every player they’ve wanted to out of the portal. Oregon/Miami will be a good case study this year they’ve completely raided the portal with some serious talent.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon is putting together a super team

May 5, 2024, 3:08 PM

A lot of Buckeye fans are saying Oregon is going to be the toughest team for Ohio State to beat in the new B1G. They are not messing around in the portal or recruiting. Michigan has had our number for the last 3 years and essentially kicked in our teeth. But they lost so many players and a lot of their coaching staff. They will be good, but I don’t think at Oregon’s level. Ohio State plays at Oregon on Oct. 12th. That game is gonna be a banger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2024, 4:07 PM

It will be one if the biggest games of the season I’m giving Oregon the edge I don’t believe yall made much difference in the QB position but y’all have the best WR room in the country

May 5, 2024, 7:26 PM

That’s the question. Will the qb be better than last year? Our O-line was pretty bad last year. Hopefully ol Chip Kelly will bring a lot of new wrinkles to our offense. The Buckeye have to be physical and run the ball.

May 6, 2024, 12:15 AM

One thing I'm curious about is how ohio state's offensive line adjusts to Chip's offense. He's always liked very mobile offensive linemen, I'm very curious how that will work at ohio st.

May 6, 2024, 8:47 AM

I think, since Ryan Day became offensive coordinator, and Ohio State became a more throwing offense, Offensive linemen have been selected more for pass blocking than run blocking. Pass blocking, I have heard, is more defensive. Run blocking is more aggressive. With a slight shift toward more throwing than running, I think Ohio State lost a little bit of their “toughness”. I think this year, with the addition of Chip Kelly, the addition of Quinshon Judkins (all SEC running back), there will be more of a focus on the running game. I think it will be from running backs as well as the qb. Ohio State added Will Howard, qb transfer from Kansas State. Time will tell if it’s him or the often injured Devin Brown.

May 6, 2024, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is putting together a super team ]

Chip will get it figured out he’s an offensive genius biggest question I have is QB just not seeing much difference. Regardless definitely game I will be watching should be a good matchup

Hey BuckeyeChris..get us 2 tix and Ill go to game

May 5, 2024, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is putting together a super team ]

with youse since Buckie Band & dotting the freaking “i” is my fav band in the land (next to Tiger Band, of course) while visiting stadium & seeing fans @ O would be a dream come true.

Oh, in 1992? my Clemson grad Son & I decided to forgo the CU-SC game at Tigertown and instead on the spur of the moment on that Friday decided to drive towards Columbus from Charlotte..get a hotel so to see Buckies host Michigan.

Tix were 2 for a $1000 but “luckily” got a pair for $750 from 2 students..good lower seats at 20 yd line..saw Freshman RB Clarett help win the game while Wolverines had best QB who tried to win game in last minute but missed WR at goal line.

Great bonding time with son and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Shoe, male mascot, both bands (Hail To The Victor being my fav college fight song) & Fans in both sides.

As you know OHst win Natty few weeks later vs Miami on a controversial call.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ oops..believe game was in 2002!!

May 5, 2024, 4:13 PM

Geez, years fly by~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is putting together a super team ]

Ohio State will be a tough game for my Ducks, but it's just another game. We've got plenty of other games before osu comes to Autzen. I'm sure they will be playing at the top of their game given the fact that the Ducks beat them in columbus a couple years ago.

May 6, 2024, 9:00 AM

That game was terrible (for me). Ohio State could Not get off the field on defense. Supposedly, Ohio State’s defense should be top 5 or 10 this year. There were a Lot of players come back instead of opting for the draft. I haven’t watched much Oregon football recently. But this game definitely scares me. Could definitely be a rematch in the B1G championship a few months later. Also, I will be at the Ohio State vs Nebraska game a few weeks later. It will be a lot more enjoyable if Ohio State will have beaten Oregon.

May 6, 2024, 9:34 AM

Losing at home is tough. I understand your feelings about the last game between Oregon and ohio st.

Autzen will be rocking this fall, people going to this game should be wearing ear plugs.... and I'm serious about this. Last time I was in Autzen for a game of this magnitude, my ears were wringing for a good hour after the game.

May 6, 2024, 9:37 AM

typo, sorry meant ringing

UM's advanced scouting****

May 6, 2024, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is putting together a super team ]

May 5, 2024, 4:29 PM

Raided is not synonymous with outbid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Oregon will be a beast

May 5, 2024, 4:32 PM

Talent and coaching, I don’t know if Miami can overcome their culture and Mario is the most overrated coach in CFB. They could put together an FSU like season from last year but I’m not putting my money on that.

Re: I think Oregon will be a beast

May 5, 2024, 5:16 PM

If Miami doesn’t win 10 games Mario should be fired. Their schedule is a joke.

Mario beat us last year

May 5, 2024, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I think Oregon will be a beast ]

Ran it right down the throat of our vaunted defense with 5-star players like Demonte Capeheart.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Oregon will be a beast

May 5, 2024, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I think Oregon will be a beast ]

Never impressed by Mario.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you.

May 5, 2024, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I think Oregon will be a beast ]

I won't get into a huge debate here, but the reason FSU was so successful with a boatload of transfers was because Norvell and the coaching staff had those guys playing for and loving each other. (Google some interviews with Fiske and Verse on draft night or the next day.)

That is an amazingly tough job. Just ask Deion or Jimbo.

I suspect Mario will have his hands full inside his own locker room.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with you.

May 5, 2024, 10:34 PM

I think that culture will be a big problem. Mario is not vetting for character concerns. He just wants talent because he knows it’s a prove-it season.

Frictionless marriage between the current roster & portal acquisitions ****

May 6, 2024, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I agree with you. ]

A super team of what?

May 5, 2024, 8:22 PM

Guys who weren't starters, quit on their team, or who's main priority is getting paid?

You're right, we'll see. When NC's start being won by teams like Colorado I'll be impressed. Until then I'll just assume they have a roster full of Mike Bellamy's.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see Oregon vs. Washington in the B1G title game.

May 5, 2024, 8:42 PM

Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

I'd also love to see Texas vs Oklahoma for SEC championship and UCF vs. Houston for the Big 12.

No, I don't want to see SMU vs Cal for the ACC championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would love to see Oregon vs. Washington in the B1G title game.

May 5, 2024, 9:13 PM

You also had a QB who was experienced at FSU. This year, you have an experienced QB, but has experienced what?

Just do it

May 5, 2024, 9:29 PM

Spend Nike company resources to buy players for Phil Knight’s Alma mater that is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2024, 12:12 AM

Phil Knight is going all in on getting Oregon a Natty..... his next master piece after signing Jordan to Nike before he takes up the rocking chair.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,101
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic