Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIL isn't always what it's cracked up to be
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 834

NIL isn't always what it's cracked up to be

May 21, 2024, 12:36 PM

He Was the $13 Million QB Recruit. Now He’s Suing the Boosters Who Never Paid Up.

https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/jaden-rashada-florida-nil-lawsuit-ee2f5441?mod=hp_featst_pos4&mod=wknd_pos1

In a first-of-its-kind lawsuit, quarterback Jaden Rashada accuses University of Florida donors of promising him millions in endorsements that they never intended to pay

In the rapidly evolving landscape of college sports, where athletes can now rake in money off their name, image and likeness but can’t directly be paid to play, Jaden Rashada has emerged as the poster child for everything that could possibly go wrong.

He was a star quarterback lured to a big-time school with the promise of millions of dollars in endorsements. Then the deal fell apart, leaving Rashada with limited options and no money in his pocket.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I have no sympathy for this kid whatsoever. He was whoring himself out

May 21, 2024, 12:40 PM

to the highest bidder, and got burned. And, if he has no money in his pocket, he is just like 99% of college freshmen who walk in the door.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, I have no sympathy for this kid whatsoever. He was whoring himself out

May 21, 2024, 12:53 PM

Totally agree with you 100%. Am I suppose to feel sorry for this kid? The only thing that mattered to him was getting the biggest payday he could get. He was playing the system & chasing the money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, I have no sympathy for this kid whatsoever. He was whoring himself out

May 21, 2024, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Sorry, I have no sympathy for this kid whatsoever. He was whoring himself out ]

He was committed to Miami for several months and it was public that Miami promised him $7mil. But after months he decommitted and committed to FL. for the reported $13mil. I made comments then along the lines of what idiots would an unknown HS kid $7mil let alone $13mil. Then as we know Miami moved on and FL. couldn't pay the tab.

I hope this costs the FL. millions in attny fees and I hope the kid gets nothing. I want this to be a recorded case as a reminder to schools that are using 'Pay to Play" tactics to recruit kids.

Re: NIL isn't always what it's cracked up to be

May 21, 2024, 1:02 PM

I'd love to know if he had any contracts or if was just an agreed in principle that U of F put together. Ed Orgeron did not have to pay his wife any of his final contract because he had only signed the "agreed in principle" paperwork when she served him for divorce. Had she waited a couple of days until he signed the actual contract then she would have been entitled to half of his salary while he was LSU HC and half of his buyout. Instead, she got nothing because it was ruled in the eyes of the court, a letter of intent to agree, is not an actual contract. This kid may get an expensive class in business 101.

LOL welcome to the real world

May 21, 2024, 1:18 PM

you need documents
you need signatures
and you need attorneys

money isn't free

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

May 21, 2024, 1:22 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/expose-the-unchecked-abuse-of-power-34918637

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 21, 2024, 2:02 PM

Just another player or fan who does not understand NIL.

And then there is you, who quite literally doesnt understand anything***

May 21, 2024, 2:12 PM

May 21, 2024, 2:25 PM

Not NIL it is Pay for Play. Let's not pretend.

May 21, 2024, 2:54 PM

What the player is stating is an illegal use of NIL. If he has proof, Univ of Florida will end up on probation. Too bad the NCAA does not have consequences in place for the cheating player.

May 21, 2024, 2:57 PM

I just read that Rashada is a Dawg now. I wonder how much the flea hounds paid for him.

May 21, 2024, 2:58 PM

Sounds like a great article to read, I just can't. They want money and I'm cheap.

May 21, 2024, 3:06 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-qb-jaden-rashada-sues-florida-coach-billy-napier-among-others-over-botched-13-85m-nil-deal/

May 21, 2024, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: NIL isn't always what it's cracked up to be ]

I just posted the link to a CBS article that outlines everything.

Replies: 14
| visibility 834
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic