Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Discontent within the league continues to surface as ACC spring meetings
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,551

Discontent within the league continues to surface as ACC spring meetings

May 14, 2024, 9:52 AM

get underway:

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2024/05/13/acc-spring-meetings-underway-as-fsu-and-others-raise-concerns-about-future/73679792007/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Discontent within the league continues to surface as ACC spring meetings

May 14, 2024, 9:54 AM

That's a Little harsh 😳

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Discontent within the league continues to surface as ACC spring meetings

May 14, 2024, 12:37 PM

It's strange for me to hear UNC complaining about being in the conference. They ARE the ACC.

They always seem to be given every advantage, with their Alums running the league, championships almost always in NC, in-game officiating, etc.

I get why they have a gripe, but it's still strange.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that UNCheat is starting to b!tch and moan...

May 14, 2024, 12:50 PM

does that mean the league will finally start to take the HUGE gap in conference revenue seriously?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Now that UNCheat is starting to b!tch and moan...

May 14, 2024, 12:57 PM

It's now or never (and even then it's probably too late).

UNC talking about $100M shortfalls tells me they are about to get serious about revenue.

But it may already be too late -- short of ND joining as a full member and the conference shifting to a reward system based on TV ratings, I don't see how this cow gets back in the barn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU and Clemson are already gone...

May 14, 2024, 1:14 PM

Nothing can stop that now, and others will likely follow.

Maybe the ACC can add schools like UNC-Charlotte, ECU, Appalachian State, Western Carolina, Campbell, Gardner Webb, and Elon to create an all North Carolina conference (The ANCC) which is what they've wanted all along anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that UNCheat is starting to b!tch and moan...

May 14, 2024, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that UNCheat is starting to b!tch and moan... ]

I understand that Notre Dame being a full member would increase revenue. I just don’t know if it would increase it that much. Notre Dame enjoys their own deal with NBC that gets them ~$50-60 mil for their home games. I could be off on the numbers. I aLi’s have no idea, but they may play 2-3 of those against ACC opponents. That leaves 2-3 road games against ACC opponents. It seems as though the ACC is getting 5/8 membership from Notre Dame, but isn’t getting $50-60 mil extra from Notre Dame’s tv deal. If you add $60 mil to the current ACC deal and divide by 18, it’s less than $4 million per team. Maybe my math is wrong. Maybe my thought process is wrong. I just fail to see what’s in it for Notre Dame to join the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...

May 14, 2024, 1:24 PM

back in November, Notre Dame and NBC finalized their new TV deal that will pay the Irish about $50 million per year through 2029. That's in addition to the $20 million they get from the ACC.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,551
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic