Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Craziness in the world of sports.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1062

Craziness in the world of sports.

May 18, 2024, 10:47 AM

Summerville loses game (that they actually won) by forfeit rule on a pitch count. The rule does indeed state that a player who pitches on consecutive days, is limited to 75 on the second day. The pitcher in question threw 83 pitches on Thursday after throwing just two on Wednesday's game which was called due to rain in the first inning.

My question: couldn't some intelligent adults who know baseball AND realize we live in South Carolina, the land of unpredictable weather, said "hey guys, in the case of a monsoon hitting right after a game starts and we don't even get out of inning one, the pitchers who started the game can pitch the next day with normal pitch count rules in place." Why do high school kids have to play their hearts out, only to have a game taken from them before adults actually think about what they are doing?

Scottie Scheffler is arrested at Valhalla. First of all let me say, I am pro law enforcement. But, there are times when law enforcement makes bone headed decisions. Apparently the law enforcement officer directing traffic did not believe Scheffler obeyed his verbal and hand signals. “When he didn’t stop, the police officer attached himself to the vehicle. Granted I have never been through any police officer training. But common sense dictates that "attaching oneself to a vehicle" is a perilous move. Granted brave police officers put their lives at risk daily to keep us safe. I can see "attaching one's self to a vehicle" if you believe said driver is a grave danger to the public. Scheffler was attempting to enter a golf course. Nothing indicates that he was in possession of any weapon that would make him a grave danger to the public. This seems to be an over reaction that will likely go in Scheffler's favor, especially when he can afford some decent attorneys. One attorney has already stated. “Multiple eyewitnesses have confirmed that he did not do anything wrong but was simply proceeding as directed. He stopped immediately upon being directed to and never at any point assaulted any officer with his vehicle."

Common thread to these two stories: Thinking is a key life skill. Sometimes we even have to think under pressure. This axiom holds, thinking before hand can save a lot of heartache in the postlude.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Craziness in the world of sports.

May 18, 2024, 10:52 AM

You have idiots with no common sensevin every walk of life. It has gotten worse in the past 30 years when common sense was attacked by PC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would also help if we could all be a little more humble and be able

May 18, 2024, 11:07 AM

to say, "My bad. That was really dumb. What can I do to make it right?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of attorneys

May 18, 2024, 11:09 AM

Scheffler has the best criminal defense attorney in Kentucky representing him. I expect the charges will be dismissed, but if not, I like his chances at trial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of attorneys

May 18, 2024, 11:12 AM

There will be no trial. At worst he gets a moving violation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2024, 11:11 AM

Kind of reminds me how the Charlestown, Pennsylvania, Chiefs one the hockey title in Slap Shot.

I'm going to have to take your word for it.***

May 18, 2024, 11:39 AM

May 18, 2024, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Craziness in the world of sports. ]

won

May 18, 2024, 11:54 AM

Thinking is hard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not thinking is harder. You then have to think your way out of the mess

May 18, 2024, 12:04 PM

you wouldn't be in if you had though in the first place.

Take becoming a Coot for example. Once your a coot, you have to think up ways that a chicken can be a feared predator. Once your a coot, you have to think up ways dingy dumpster Columbia is a great setting for a university. Once your a coot, you have to think op replies to your Tiger big brothers, when your preseason NC contending, collection of wannabe football players, end up 4-8 and and your left hanging your hopes on WBB for your University's glory. If you had just thought and gone to Clemson, or more realistically, Midlands tech, you wouldn't need to be thinking up these things.

May 18, 2024, 1:09 PM

Or, you know, don't try to cheat and follow the rules.

Or pay the penalty...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2024, 2:07 PM

Yes, it blows my mind that the head coach, assistant coach, players nor any of the parents were aware. Seems like one of the players would have hey coach remember he can only pitch 75 pitches today. I know the dad of one of their best players and he knows his baseball, so it is a real head scratcher to me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1062
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic