Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson stil in second place during final round of Chapel Hill Regional
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 29
| visibility 1,501

Clemson stil in second place during final round of Chapel Hill Regional

May 14, 2024, 2:58 PM

Clemson, SC—Calahan Keever remained in first place in the individual race, and the Clemson team was in second place when play was halted early in the third and final round of the NCAA Chapel Hill Regional at the Finley Course on the University of North Carolina campus on Tuesday.

Thomas Higgins and teammate Jonathan Nielsen were able to finish their respective second rounds early Tuesday morning, but the 13-team field was only able to play a few holes until inclement weather forced play to end in the afternoon.

East Tennessee will have a three-shot lead over Clemson when play is scheduled to resume at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The Bucs are at 23-under-par and Clemson at 20-under-par. Host school North Carolina stands at 19-under—par and in third place, while Georgia Tech and Baylor are tied for fifth at 11-under-par.

Long Beach State is sixth at 10-under-par, while ninth ranked Alabama is in seventh place at seven-under. The top five teams after completion of 54 holes will advance to the NCAA Championship Tournament in Carlsbad California late next week.

Early Tuesday morning Higgins played his last three holes of the second round at one-under par to finish with a round of seven-under 63, the lowest round in Clemson history in an NCAA Tournament. Nielsen finished with a 69 and it gave the Tigers a second round team score of 266, 14-under-par. It is the best total score and score vs. par in any NCAA Tournament round in Clemson history.

Keever had finished with a 130 score for his first two rounds, 10-under par and that stood in first place in the medalist race when play was halted Monday night. He played just two holes on Tuesday morning and played those two holes at one under-par, making him 11 under for the tournament. He still has a one-shot lead entering Wednesday’s play.

Nielsen was also one under par for two holes for his third round, and stood in ninth place individually, while Higgins was one under through three holes and was in 13th place. Andrew Swanson was two over par through four holes and Alberto Dominguez was four over through five holes in his final round.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson stil in second place during final round of Chapel Hill Regional

May 15, 2024, 8:37 AM

They're off and running. Come on Andrew and Alberto. We're playing the easy side. Can't afford any hiccups.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jonathan, Thomas and Calahan . . .

May 15, 2024, 9:34 AM
IMG_2410.jpeg(221.3 K)

are keeping us close . . . Andrew and Alberto need to step up . . .

We’re holding on as we make the turn.

Come on TIGERS . . . Stay focused and fine feathers!!!

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jonathan, Thomas and Calahan . . .

May 15, 2024, 9:44 AM

Oh my skeeta56, getting nervous. We've got to find some feathers and play our best on the back. Does not appear that Alberto is having a comeback. On you and the others Andrew!!!! Come on Tigers. Fight da MIT Fight. Come to far.

Gotta survive the back 9

May 15, 2024, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Jonathan, Thomas and Calahan . . . ]

Looks like it's been playing tough so far. Just need our boys to keep responding & fighting

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta survive the back 9

May 15, 2024, 10:41 AM

Yep. Come on Calahan !!!! Find some feathers. You can do it.

Re: Gotta survive the back 9

May 15, 2024, 11:17 AM

Bring it on home only a couple holes left to score
On!

Re: Jonathan, Thomas and Calahan . . .

May 15, 2024, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Jonathan, Thomas and Calahan . . . ]

Don’t look now but we are tied for first!

TIGERS JUST TOOK THE LEAD!

May 15, 2024, 11:17 AM

The guys have made some big time shots on their last few holes. Swanson & Higgins both hit eagles on 17.

Nielsen, Higgins, & Keever still on course

Play to WIN TIGERS!!!

May 15, 2024, 11:19 AM
IMG_2411.jpeg(232.9 K)

The table is set . . . It’s time to give Thanks . . . AND . . . Eat!!!

Focus until it’s DONE!!!

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now saying still tied w/ ETSU

May 15, 2024, 11:23 AM [ in reply to TIGERS JUST TOOK THE LEAD! ]

Had showed initially Nielsen had birdied 17, now it's saying he made par instead.

FIGHT TIGERS! FIGHT TIGERS! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Re: Now saying still tied w/ ETSU

May 15, 2024, 11:26 AM

Yeah they did... but

Take that tarholes.🤣🤣🤣.. in your own backyard. Love it!!!! ❤️ 😍 💖

Taking the W is now in Calahan' hands . . .

May 15, 2024, 11:35 AM
IMG_1319.jpeg(229.0 K)

and what better hands to put it in?!!!

Needed to find feathers on the Par 5 . . .

May 15, 2024, 11:44 AM
IMG_1320.jpeg(187.2 K)

17th Hole to stay tied . . . Keever still has the 18th to bring us back to 1st Place . . .

Hit the shot of the Day CK!!!!!!!

Win or finish 2nd . . . The first Round is on me!!! 🍺🍺

May 15, 2024, 11:19 AM

Whooo Hoooo 1234 1234 Clemson Tigers.

Way to finish Andrew and everyone.

Just in case skeeta56 was busy 😲😲😲🧡💜🫶💪🔥🔥🔥😘😘😘😘

Tigers & ETSU tied 1st w/ a golfer each still out on the course.

May 15, 2024, 11:35 AM

Keever is our man still playing, Bucs' #1 player is still put for them. Team race could be decided w/ them or could be heading to a playoff (since says ties will be resolved on Golfstat).

ETSU regains lead after 17

May 15, 2024, 11:45 AM

Their guy birdies, Keever pars. 18 is the last chance for team title hopes.

Re: ETSU regains lead after 17

May 15, 2024, 11:50 AM

If we tie it up we win on 2nd tiebreaker.
1st non counting scores cumulative we are tied
2nd cumulative lowest player score each round we are -16.

Re: ETSU regains lead after 17

May 15, 2024, 12:00 PM

Win outright we a birdie for us and bogey for them

TIGERS WIN THE REGIONAL!

May 15, 2024, 12:01 PM

Keever made birdie on 18, & ETSU's #1 records a bogey!

UNBELIEVABLE EFFORT BY THIS TEAM!

TIGERS WIN IN CHAPEL HILL AGAIN!!!

May 15, 2024, 12:02 PM
IMG_1321.jpeg(226.9 K)
IMG_1322.jpeg(877.4 K)

Keever Birdies 18 for the 1st Time ALL WEEK . . . ETSU bogeys it . . . TIGERS WIN!!!

If we were together . . . 🍺🍺 The 2nd Round would be on me too!!! 🍺🍺

Re: TIGERS WIN IN CHAPEL HILL AGAIN!!!

May 15, 2024, 12:10 PM

Incredible play from our 5-hole player!
I may need to drive down to Austin for a round next week.
Check out the Rancho Sante Fe regional board .. Oklahoma State has some work to do to advance.

Hard to believe . . .

May 15, 2024, 12:17 PM

we played the closing 2 Holes in 7 Under Fashion . . . 😵‍💫 . . . Yes that’s right . . . SEVEN UNDER!!!

Way to close and take the 👑 Crown 👑 TIGERS !!!!!!!

Guys truly played their best team golf of the year this week

May 15, 2024, 12:32 PM

Hate Callahan fell of the pace of the individual title, but the former D2 All-American easily played his best golf as a Tiger & stepped up big time.

Nielsen was Cool Hand Luke like he has been all year. Thomas "Eagle" Higgins came out on the plus side of the roller-coaster.

Swanson was the unsung hero today...his play on 17 & 18 to flip a +3 round to even par set the team up for chance to win it all.

Easily the most unlikely regional title & national tournament advancement in program history, but super stoked our boys played their best golf of the year in the postseason. Hope they can shock the world here at nationals

Everyone seemed to be displeased . . .

May 15, 2024, 12:42 PM

with Our TIGERS’ play and many were questioning Coach Byrd’s ability to recruit and guide Our Team . . . I kept saying, “the potential is here . . . @ some point the players have to take ownership of their outputs” . . . and Man, Did They?!!!

I’m absolutely drained with excitement for Our Guys . . . Thanks for “watching” it unfold with me!!!

Re: Everyone seemed to be displeased . . .

May 15, 2024, 1:28 PM

Heck, not the best golf of the year. The best in 20 years. Yep, first regional since 2004. Unreal. Picture for the ages.

Skeeta56®, thompson_creek_tiger®

Bless you for sharing that picture!!!

May 15, 2024, 1:38 PM

Clemgalalways® . . . Made me cry again with the excitement for Jordan and Calahan . . . Magnificent Picture to suit Our Finish!!!

Still stunned and drained . . .

Well I can honestly say I was 1 of those ppl

May 15, 2024, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Everyone seemed to be displeased . . . ]

@Skeeta56...seemed like they could never string it together during the regular season. & when they would be playing well, they'd seem to have that round in a tournament that would just unwind the good. Part of me just felt like "when is the other shoe gonna drop" when play resumed today.

@clemgalalways...I hadn't realized it been that long since a regional title.

Really hope this is a defining moment for Coach Byrd & the program to build on. Would love a strong showing at the national tournament & with Higgins/Swanson coming back, that their efforts this week will provide a centerpiece to build next year's squad around.

Re: Well I can honestly say I was 1 of those ppl

May 15, 2024, 3:36 PM

TCT, me too. Can't believe it's that long.

Thought it was a most excellent post and point that skeeta56 made concerning the players and Coach.

Don't remember who (irrelevant) but a while back some were suggesting Coach get the ax. Ridiculous. But anyway, skeet, you others et al, we discussed the extra year not only affected fb recruiting, but all sports. Jist being when Kyle, Colby etc came back, you had to play them. So some of these guys didn't get in the game so to speak.

Also, Carter pendley unexpectedly transferred as well as Will Baker had flashed last summer. But in our fall tournaments, he was a bit shell shocked, imo, for the college game. That said, the kids got game so the future is really bright. He's also got a recruit coming or a transfer that should help.

Our ladies are so excited about the men winning. I love skeets enthusiasm. He's infectious. Also love the cute nicknames they have for the guys like cally, Swan, scuba. Both teams can make California magic.

thompson_creek_tiger®, Skeeta56®

May 15, 2024, 12:03 PM

Cally for athlete of the year!!!!!

Way to go Tigers. They got it done. No words.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Replies: 29
| visibility 1,501
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next