Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bretfsu
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,601

Bretfsu

Apr 16, 2024, 1:48 PM

I personally think that Norvell does a good job using the transfer portal. Some of it is probably due out of necessity because of the depleted roster when he first took over for them.

My questions are:
Who oversees the transfer portal system at fsu? Do they have a transfer portal staff or just 1 person that identifies and targets portal players?

I’m just curious because they seem to have figured it out really quickly. Obviously $ is a huge factor but I’m more curious as to the other resources being devoted to bringing in transfer players.

bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bretfsu

Apr 16, 2024, 1:57 PM

need a whole staff, i think clemson would absolutely clean up if there was some effort

DANNY PEARMAN with the EASIEST JOB on the Clemson staff.***

Apr 16, 2024, 2:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DANNY PEARMAN with the EASIEST JOB on the Clemson staff.***

Apr 16, 2024, 4:36 PM

Clemson Football Portal Office Cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_85fuyfrMM

Re: DANNY PEARMAN with the EASIEST JOB on the Clemson staff

Apr 16, 2024, 4:47 PM

I suspect our portal office has a hammock in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DANNY PEARMAN with the EASIEST JOB on the Clemson staff

Apr 16, 2024, 8:36 PM

It’s in the nap-room. 😂

Apr 16, 2024, 2:11 PM

Its called TAMPERING

I think they let their NIL Orgs do all the leg work

Apr 16, 2024, 2:19 PM

Then just pass them along to the coaching staff in a quasi-compliant way.

Apr 16, 2024, 3:08 PM

One thing I can tell you about the transfer portal, that is those guys go there looking for more money, and the bigger a teams checking account, the better the player they can buy, that's right, they have to buy them and they ain't cheap!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a staff.

Apr 16, 2024, 3:32 PM

He has one guy who is in charge, and his total job is analyzing and vetting portal players. This guy has a staff (not sure how many guys are on the staff).

Many of the kids who came in last year made the comment, "Coach Norvell was the first guy who contacted me. I got a phone call from him 30 minutes after my name was posted." (Things like that.)

Norvell is a hard worker. And, he is extremely organized. He understands the need for infrastructure. He understands the need for a quality support staff.

It is expected that FSU will lose about 10 guys this portal season. (The hope is there won't be any sruprises. We are extremely deep at WR and OL (as 2 examples). It is expected that a couple of guys in each group who are seniors but not getting onto the 2 deep chart will decide to enter the portal in search of playing time next year.

As for NIL, FSU has a great group. The Battle's End. The number one focus is retention. Helping kids who are currently on the team maximize their earnings. Be competitive enough so that they don't transfer. (There were at least 8 guys who were eligible for the draft last year who were projected to be drafted. All stayed. They didn't stay for nothing. All will be drafted - in a higher position than they would have been last year - this year.)

Thanks, it would be interesting to know how many people are on that staff

Apr 16, 2024, 3:43 PM

and how their duties are broken down.

+1 Most on Tnet do not recognize & appreciate

Apr 16, 2024, 4:33 PM [ in reply to He has a staff. ]

bretfsu® said:

He has one guy who is in charge, and his total job is analyzing and vetting portal players. This guy has a staff (not sure how many guys are on the staff).

Many of the kids who came in last year made the comment, "Coach Norvell was the first guy who contacted me. I got a phone call from him 30 minutes after my name was posted." (Things like that.)

Norvell is a hard worker. And, he is extremely organized. He understands the need for infrastructure. He understands the need for a quality support staff.

It is expected that FSU will lose about 10 guys this portal season. (The hope is there won't be any sruprises. We are extremely deep at WR and OL (as 2 examples). It is expected that a couple of guys in each group who are seniors but not getting onto the 2 deep chart will decide to enter the portal in search of playing time next year.

As for NIL, FSU has a great group. The Battle's End. The number one focus is retention. Helping kids who are currently on the team maximize their earnings. Be competitive enough so that they don't transfer. (There were at least 8 guys who were eligible for the draft last year who were projected to be drafted. All stayed. They didn't stay for nothing. All will be drafted - in a higher position than they would have been last year - this year.)

that recruiting/pursuing players in the portal takes enormous effort by the coaching staff and boosters. Clemson and Dabo choose to opt out of this extra effort in a similar way that Clemson opts out of Special Teams' efforts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a staff.

Apr 16, 2024, 5:09 PM [ in reply to He has a staff. ]

Norvell was a cheater at Memphis...there ain't no cheating now and they got probation from thr NCAA who the looked the other way while it has continued! Great program there they will fit right in in the SEC and ESPN!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,601
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic