Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been fighting food poisoning for the last 13-14 hours.
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,151

Been fighting food poisoning for the last 13-14 hours.

May 13, 2024, 3:40 PM

Was up around 2am and could never fall back asleep b/n bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. Actually had a moment where I was doing both at the same time. Woof...that isn't so fun...good thing we have little trash can with a liner in it within reach.

With that said, the nausea, stomach cramps and back cramps just would not stop even by 1pm.

So, instead of going to a doctor, I went to a place I've gone before after a few (really) bad hangovers, www.whydrate.com.

I got me an IV bag, with vitamins, Zofran (for nausea), Toradol (for pain) and Pepcid for upset stomach. I can't tell you how quick and how much better you feel after 1 hour.

If you ever really sick, you might try one if you need a quicker turn aound.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take some heroin, not too much tho

May 13, 2024, 3:44 PM

you'll feel much better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neighbor smokes a bunch of weed

May 13, 2024, 4:20 PM

I heard that's great for nausea.

Not sure I'm ready to step up to heroin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My neighbor smokes a bunch of weed

May 13, 2024, 5:52 PM

I smoke weed every day to combat nausea, among other symptoms, from IBD. It could help you but I hope that bug passes through quickly!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd take some heroin, not too much tho

May 13, 2024, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I'd take some heroin, not too much tho ]

Take something for opoid induced nausea prior the H

Re: I'd take some heroin, not too much tho

May 13, 2024, 8:29 PM [ in reply to I'd take some heroin, not too much tho ]

fentanyl is much cheaper - be careful w the dosage though

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been fighting food poisoning for the last 13-14 hours.

May 13, 2024, 3:53 PM

HAs the wife cooked anything special for you...lately?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny story....We both had the same soup last night,

May 13, 2024, 4:00 PM

as we were really busy getting ready for a long week of work and travel, we kept it simple.

Campbell's Chicken tortilla soup. I made mine, and she made her's about 15 min later.

After a finished with mine, I took a small bite of hers. I said, that's weird, your soup taste better, and never thought anything of it till I was throwing mine up during the night.

Re: Funny story....We both had the same soup last night,***

May 13, 2024, 6:08 PM

Re: Funny story....We both had the same soup last night,

May 13, 2024, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Funny story....We both had the same soup last night, ]

Maybe check the expiration dates if you still have the containers.

May 13, 2024, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Funny story....We both had the same soup last night, ]

Odds are it was not the soup. Canned soup rarely causes a problem unless the can is bulging, which indicates bad news. More than likely you picked that bug up somewhere else 12-24 hours earlier. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 8:32 PM

Yea. Most bacteria that cause food poisoning have an incubation period of 24-72 hours. Most reactions that happen in a few hours are either a “stomach bug” or a sensitivity or allergy to something in the food. Basically something in the food that disagrees with your digestive system and your body is trying to repel and reject it. And yes, if canned foods are spoiled they will normally be bulging and under pressure.

May 13, 2024, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny story....We both had the same soup last night, ]

around 1pm we ate out and I had a salad with chicken. When it came out, the chicken was served cold. Made we wonder about that too.

May 13, 2024, 4:14 PM

Hope you feel better! Had the dry heaves for about 24 hours, after hot swapping the first 10. Cannot ever eat at that restaurant again

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Re: Have Been Eating In The Middle Of The State Of SC Lately......

May 13, 2024, 4:15 PM

......... like in some place people like to call Featherville or Cootlumbia????

May 13, 2024, 4:47 PM

I had the misfortune of having one of the last meals ever served at a restaurant in Charleston that shall remain nameless. That evening on the news they did a segment on the closure and said it was due to repeated Health Violations and food poisoning being reported by multiple customers. Ugh Oh.....I knew I was in trouble! Within hours, I was violently ill and stuck in my room at the Red Roof Inn. Every time I got up, something flew out of one body opening or the other or both. Three days I was in there and I could never apologize enough to those poor cleaning ladies who had to clean up after me. They were so nice to me and helped me in an otherwise horrible experience.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 4:47 PM

Just for future reference, I travel overseas a lot and get frequent stomach bugs. You just mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with a quart of water and drink it all in an hour. knocks it out every time.

May 13, 2024, 10:50 PM

I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,151
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next