No. 15 Clemson hosts Georgia Tech for Senior Day
No. 15 Clemson hosts Georgia Tech for a Senior Day 3 p.m. tip on Saturday (RSN).
No. 15/17 CLEMSON (20-7, 9-6 ACC) vs. GEORGIA TECH (11-17, 4-11 ACC)
Date: Saturday, Feb. 24
Tipoff: 3:06 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson coach Brad Brownell said that junior Shelton Mitchell (concussion protocol) is practicing again after missing the last two games.
• Clemson leads the all-time series with Georgia Tech 70-63.
• The Tigers have now won two in a row in the series, including a 72-70 win in Atlanta on Jan. 28.
• Brownell is now 13-4 against Georgia Tech in his career.
• Brownell was recently named a semifinalist for the Werner Ladder Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year. He is one of 10 semifinalists.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 70-63 all-time against Georgia Tech.
Streak: The Tigers have won two in a row.
• Marcquise Reed scored a career-high 28 points and grabbed 10 boards in a loss to Virginia Tech on Feb. 21. He tied his career-best with 10 made field goals and tied a Clemson record for threes made in a single game (8).
• Eight threes made in a game hadn’t been done since K.C. Rivers on Feb. 7, 2008 at Virginia.
• The Tigers’ Elijah Thomas turned in his eighth double-double of the season and 10th of his career on Feb. 21 at Virginia Tech. It marks the second time this season Thomas has posted back-to-back double-doubles.
• With one more 3-pointer against Virginia Tech, Gabe DeVoe is 11th all-time in the Clemson record book for threes in a career (148). He needs seven more to tie for 10th.
• Clemson is projected as a 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament currently by the Bracket Matrix average. The Tigers are currently tied for fourth place in the ACC and would be a sixth seed in the ACC Tournament.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||