A national top 100 player by ESPN.com, he ranks No. 88 nationally, second in the state of South Carolina and the fifth best defensive tackle in the nation by that website…rated No. 139 nationally by Rivals.com, who see Belk as third best player in the state and 11th best defensive tackle in the nation…played defensive tackle for Lewisville High School where he helped team to a 9-4 season and the third round of playoffs…All-Regional and All-State by High School Sports Report (for all classes) and Coaches Class A All-State…finished the year with 116 tackles, 34 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, seven caused fumbles, a recovered fumble and a pass deflection…probably had best game against Lamar with 10 tackles and three tackles for loss…named to the U.S. Army All-American Game…played his high school football at Lewisville for Will Mitchell…comes to Clemson from the same school that sent former Clemson All-ACC running back Wesley McFadden and former Clemson and NFL linebacker Michael Barber to Clemson…lettered in basketball as a freshman and sophomore…committed to the Tigers on 01/29/2017…recruited by Jeff Scott and Todd Bates.
S T A T S
He has benched pressed 355 pounds and squatted 400 pounds.
- 9 months ago In the words of today’s youth, Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class is “ridiculous.” I would call it historic. The urban dictionary says “ridiculous” in today’s jargon means something that is memorable or something that is at the top level of greatness. Full Story »
- 10 months ago Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables has a missile he can throw at opposing offenses in defensive end Clelin Ferrell, who goes by the nickname CleMissile. With the addition of the 2018 recruiting class, Venables now has weapons of mass destruction.
Full Story »
- 10 months ago Several Clemson commits will play the final high school game of their careers Saturday, and one special quarterback will be the centerpiece. Eight members of Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class are competing in the U.S. Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas (1 p.m., NBC). All of the players are on the East squad, led by quarterback Trevor Lawrence of Cartersville (Ga.).
Full Story »
- 12 months ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »
- 1 year ago The stars will come out as the lights shine brightly on Death Valley Saturday night. High-profile football and basketball recruits will be on hand as the Tigers battle in Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 1 year ago Monday afternoon at 3 p.m., Clemson players and coaches were standing on the steps of The White House with President Donald Trump, celebrating a National Championship. At the same time Tuesday, all of the above were back at work at head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camp while looking for prospects that can make another run at a title. Full Story »
- 1 year ago Clemson coaches came off the road for a few days earlier this week, but that doesn’t mean things have slowed down on the recruiting front as the Tigers made some new offers and made the top group for several high-profile prospects. Full Story »
- 1 year ago It isn’t easy being inconspicuous in a small town, but it’s even harder when you stand well over six feet, weigh in at 282 pounds and are committed to the defending national champions. Full Story »
- 1 year ago Several of the state’s top prospects convened at Ridgeview High School Sunday as part of the 2017 EPT Football Skills Showcase, including 2019 defensive end prospect Zacch Pickens.
Full Story »
- 2 years ago 2018 defensive tackle commit Josh Belk (Lewisville) was recently on campus for a visit to Clemson`s spring game and came away knowing his decision to commit to the Tigers in late January was the right one for him and his family. Full Story »