Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Meet the new kid: Xavier Thomas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: Meet the new kid: Xavier Thomas

Feb 6, 2018, 8:19 AM

Meet the new kid: Xavier Thomas

Xavier Thomas is a program-changing talent, the kind of player who walks on campus ready to contribute from day one. Thomas enrolled in Clemson in January, and in the first part of a series looking at the early enrollees, we examine what Thomas (the No. 1-rated defensive player nationally by some services) might mean for the Tigers this season.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, how about Richard Yeargin? Curious if you think

Feb 6, 2018, 8:38 AM

for any reason he wouldn't be back to his old form

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

We have a lack of depth at DE?

Feb 6, 2018, 8:42 AM

Clelin, Austin
Rudolph, Yeargin
Foster, Kelly
Register

I wouldn't call that a lack of depth. I think there are 100+ teams in CFB that would kill for the depth we have at DE. However, I do agree that Thomas should instantly be in the rotation and could even fight for the second most snaps.

davidhood®

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: We have a lack of depth at DE?

Feb 6, 2018, 10:19 AM

Rumore is Register may possibly be the defensive guy looking to transfer...Kelly and Rudolph haven't really played much if at all, so that is not experienced depth. Do we have guys there, yes...do they have any significant experience, or have they sat on a bench the last year, many by injury so you don't know yet how they recovered?? IMO, until we see what they are like coming back, it is a lack of depth.

Re: New Story: Meet the new kid: Xavier Thomas

Feb 6, 2018, 9:22 AM

This is why I am not a huge fan of most recruiting services. Thomas has been the top rated DE on ESPN's list all year. The guy ranked second, decided on Alabama and then suddenly he is rated #1 and Thomas is #2.
The amount of kissing up that ESPN does to the SEC and especially Alabama is just unbelievable.

Feb 6, 2018, 10:22 AM

Isn't XT the strong side defensive end and KJ the weak side defensive end? The article seems to be reversed but DH is usually spot on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I said when reading the article! Great minds

Feb 6, 2018, 12:35 PM

think alike! +1 for you

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2018, 11:55 AM

Agree XT won't redshirt unless hurt. Seems as good or better that any DE the Tigers have ever had, and that's saying a lot . I doubt he'll manhandle many college OTs, but I sure wouldn't want to be in a blocking RB's cleats!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic