Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Trevor Lawrence way ahead of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Trevor Lawrence way ahead of Deshaun Watson

Dec 21, 2017, 12:01 PM

Swinney says Trevor Lawrence way ahead of Deshaun Watson

It’s almost unfair to compare any high school quarterback, or college quarterback for that matter, to Deshaun Watson. Watson, who now plays for the Houston Texans in the NFL, is arguably the best player in Clemson history. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Trevor Lawrence way ahead of Deshaun Watson

Dec 21, 2017, 12:08 PM

QB competition next year will be a classic! I’m giddy already about it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 12:17 PM

If Clemson goes all the way next month, it will be difficult for anyone to dislodge KB from the top spot. But one never knows what may happen.

Translation: Tucker Israel wins the starting job in Sept

Dec 21, 2017, 12:19 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that U brought up Tucker,

Dec 21, 2017, 12:21 PM

his recovery must be slow. He didn't see a single snap this season. Dabo would've gotten him in the Citadel game if he was healthy enough.

Re: Now that U brought up Tucker,

Dec 21, 2017, 12:48 PM

They will likely apply for another medical red shirt year for Tucker.

i just happened to sit next to Tucker's dad

Dec 21, 2017, 6:50 PM

at the beat down in cooterville... Tucker's really been challenged to get healthy again so the medical hardship is most likely so that he doesn't lose that year of eligibility but Tucker is All In with Clemson...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i just happened to sit next to Tucker's dad

Dec 22, 2017, 9:47 AM

Tucker is projected to graduate from Clemson next year. I expect him to transfer after that.

DW4's frame was like a stick figure and it seems that...

Dec 21, 2017, 1:13 PM

...during his first two years we were terrified he'd be broken into two. Eventually he beefed up. TL already has more beef on him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s what I think when I see his film. That says a lot because

Dec 21, 2017, 1:17 PM

DW’s high school film is very very impressive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see How We Keep Hunter Johnson Unless KB Goes Pro

Dec 21, 2017, 1:36 PM

I love this problem and I hate it because I want them all to play. You can Red Shirt Trevor Lawrence for a year and kick the can down the street, but most people didn't expect Kelly Bryant to perform as fantastic as he has done. I think a good many of us expect Hunter Johnson at some point take over somewhere at mid point and it just didn't work out that way in the "Rebuilding" year.

With that said, Hunter Johnson didn't do enough to separate himself and maybe he's needs more cooking before done...

If Trevor Lawrence comes in and lives up to the billing our offense is going to be sick....

A True Embarrassment of riches!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: I don't see How We Keep Hunter Johnson Unless KB Goes Pro

Dec 21, 2017, 3:25 PM

Clemson now has the "Billy the kid" and "Jessee James" of Qb's in Hunter and Lawrence. It's going to be an epic showdown. Can there be more than one prince of pistoleers? We will have to wait until the dust settles.

I could see Bryant, then Johnson follwed by Lawrence over the next three seasons. Hunter has the "it" factor and I could see him as a one year starter and go pro.

Can't sleep on Brice, he will have a say in all this as well. People would pay good money just to watch these gunslingers battle it out in practice. I would.

Re: I don't see How We Keep Hunter Johnson Unless KB Goes Pro

Dec 22, 2017, 12:42 PM

I don't see it with Hj.Lawrence will beat him out.

HJ stays through next season at least

Dec 21, 2017, 3:53 PM [ in reply to I don't see How We Keep Hunter Johnson Unless KB Goes Pro ]

If for some reason ,at some point he decides to transfer,Dabo not Redshirting him leaves him that year to sit out without losing a year to play.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:36 PM

Is it safe to say not only are we WRU and DLU but possibly turning into QBU too? 4 of the most important positions in football(I say 4 cause DL consist of DT's and DE's). The only thing that's missing is OLU and we have some good ones coming in and already on the roster.

DW4 is the only one to do anything yet

Dec 22, 2017, 2:19 PM

Ask me in a few years. The talent is there for sure. Just needs to pan out first

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 4:19 PM

What I heard from the press conference was Lawrence was physically way ahead of Watson. That does not say he was ahead of Watson mentally and football wise. What it does say is our tigers are in a good position to continue to win in the following years. I am so happy for Dabo and Clemson for building a program that good players want to come and play. Congrats to the entire Clemson family!!!

Dec 21, 2017, 8:28 PM

I'll probably get an uproar of furor and some thumbs down, but really TNET fans, give it a rest. We're not through this year and some are dissecting next. Geez, take a breath and then think maybe our professional college coaches know more than us. Fact, even if it hurts.

Our QB situation is unparalleled. Dabo and company have figured out that the Natty chemistry depends on a strong D ala Bama AND a really great QB, which Saban has yet to admit or recruit. That's why his days are numbered, imo.

Point is, let our coaches do what coaches do, and talk about the good times ---- now! Another great day to be a Tiger.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The frosh QB Tua at Bama gets the start next year

Dec 21, 2017, 9:02 PM

over Hurts... To me, it looks like Hurts had command of the offense and Tua did not. But Tua is a legit passer with the feet to be a true dual threat... His high school hype is legit, he just needs to command the offense as good as Hurts and there's no way saban doesn't start him... Hurts was a true freshman who got the job and caused the transfer of two other QBs including the heir apparent for 2016...

Dec 21, 2017, 11:42 PM

Way ahead of the best qb to ever play for Clemson? Well then we know who the starter will be in September.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of injury he will leave the tied best QB in Clemson

Dec 22, 2017, 10:30 AM

history. It's going to be like debating who is better between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. That will be the debate between DW and TL.

Re: Outside of injury he will leave the tied best QB in Clemson

Dec 22, 2017, 12:40 PM

Brady is the best ever.So is Deshaun,the best qb in Clemson history.Trevor has to get there.

I don't think Brady is the best ever.

Dec 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

So there you go...

Dec 22, 2017, 10:47 AM

Being as the head coach is making these kind of comments, I'm really interested to see how Lawerence develops. Gonna be one heck of a QB battle next year.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic