Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day

Nov 14, 2017, 11:35 AM

Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference on Tuesday and shared that defensive tackle Christian Wilkins and offensive lineman Taylor Hearns wi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day

Nov 14, 2017, 11:44 AM

I love Wilkins and would love to see him return though he probably should go pro. The kid is such a breath of fresh air and his enthusiasm is infectious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 7:11 PM

I sat beside Christian & Clelin Ferrell at a CU baseball game this past season
they are the BEST ambassadors we could have for CU. A bunch of kids keep coming
down and getting autographs and Christian said" hey it's late don't you kids have
school tomorrow." He was so funny. Those 2 had myself and my 12 year old son doubled
over laughing all night. Christian has and will always be 1 of my favorites to ever
wear the PAW.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 11:49 AM

He can do a split after playing and entire game, but do you think a man of his size can run up the hill backwards?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

We've got to quit crootin the smart kids

Nov 14, 2017, 11:52 AM

These guys that can get a deeploma in 3.5 years is starting to hurt the football team.

Re: We've got to quit crootin the smart kids

Nov 14, 2017, 12:04 PM

I believe Hearns is a redshirt junior. Wilkins is on the same fast track as DW4 and Artavis Scott...three solid years...period. If he chose to, Wilkins could be the next true junior to play in the Senior Bowl, as Scott did last year (and DW could have). Pretty impressive to have three players with the talent and drive to have that distinction.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to We've got to quit crootin the smart kids ]

I don't think so bc, as soon as some tells them they are good enough to go Pro, they are gone ready or not, diploma or not!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 8:12 PM

Really, most of them have their diplomas, and if they don't, they are a course or 2 away. That is a very good stat we own among the elite of college football. Makes me very proud!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad to hear Mitch Hyatt is staying for his senior year***

Nov 14, 2017, 12:08 PM

Re: So glad to hear Mitch Hyatt is staying for his senior year***

Nov 14, 2017, 12:20 PM

I have not heard that Hyatt is staying? I have been expecting him to go.

According to the OPs news article

he will be staying

Re: According to the OPs news article

Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 PM

His name isn't even mentioned in the article. I assume that Hyatt just isn't graduating early and no decision has been made.

Re: According to the OPs news article

Nov 14, 2017, 7:42 PM [ in reply to According to the OPs news article ]

link

All that measn is that he isn't an early graduate...

Nov 14, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to So glad to hear Mitch Hyatt is staying for his senior year*** ]

doesn't mean he won't go. Sorry to burst your bubble.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I'm so proud of both of these guys and I'm so thankful they chose Clemson as their school. These guys are leaders on a team that has had the most wins an accomplishments ever. I hope they both come back but I will support whatever their decision is. We have the very best student athletes in the country period. Thanks Dabo, the best is yet to come!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 14, 2017, 12:41 PM

It's not any of my business of what they do really, nor is it my choice if they stay or go. I don't like it when they go early bc it's actually in their very best interest if they stay. If they stay, they get extra time getting their body ready and they get more experience and training when they stay. It doesn't help them if they leave early, nor is it in their favor if they leave early. And that isn't just me saying that, it's the opinion of NFL owners and NFL Head Coaches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 1:00 PM

That's not true. For some players it is hands-down the best decision to go. If you are a first-round talent, go. It's a good financial decision, and it's a good risk decision. If you come back, there's not much you can do to improve your draft position. But you can hurt it drastically with a bad year or injury.

Some of these guys don't need another year to "get their body ready". Just look at how many rookies make immediate impact in the NFL now, and also look at how many underclassmen are getting drafted. NFL decision makers look at the individual's talent, skills, size, athleticism - not the "Junior" or "Senior" in his yearbook.

Depends on the players position in the draft*****

Nov 14, 2017, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

Nov 14, 2017, 12:47 PM

I'm probably in the minority, but I think being honored on Senior day should be exclusive only to Seniors...or those who have exhausted their eligibility. IMO, that privilege should be forfeited when they forfeit any remaining eligibility to move on to the pros. To me, it takes away the honor and recognition to those who used all their eligibility.

Nov 14, 2017, 1:04 PM

Wilkins will have his diploma in three years...that's not worth recognizing?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 8:22 PM

If he, academically is a senior, he should be eligible to run down with the seniors. If not, then no. That's no snub on anybody, but it is a recognition for the ultimate goal they should have their sights on, and that is a diploma at one of the premier universities in the world. If they get hurt, it will mean a whole lot more than no diploma and no NFL time on their resume'.

Nov 14, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

If they have worked their ##### off to earn their degree then they have earned the right to be recognized with the Seniors.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Nov 14, 2017, 8:27 PM

I helped lift you up.

If they are graduating, academically they ARE a SR***

Nov 14, 2017, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow...I got a TD for that?***

Nov 14, 2017, 1:47 PM

wow 2 TDs? triggered much?***

Nov 14, 2017, 4:16 PM

I’m thinking you graduated early, thus

Nov 15, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Wow...I got a TD for that?*** ]

you’re not matured fully and unable to deal with the actions of petty prople who disagree with you via the TD option.

Amirite?

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

correction...5 TDs...for that***

Nov 15, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Wow...I got a TD for that?*** ]

Re: If they are graduating, academically they ARE a SR***

Nov 14, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to If they are graduating, academically they ARE a SR*** ]

That shows that people on here hates any opinion that is different than their own, but will surely express their opinion as if their opinion is the only opinion that matters. I wish that Crump and B would fix it to where a TU was the only choice. If people like a post, TU it, if they don't, just move along as if the never read the post.

Nov 14, 2017, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

I have no problem with early Graduates being honored whether or not they have eligibility left. Accomplishments should trump longevity and they shouldn't be penalized for kicking it in the classroom as well as on the field.

More power to them if they are able to earn their degree early!!!

Nov 14, 2017, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

But they are Seniors by class. Not by eligibility.

If they are graduating, they are seniors, school wise!

Nov 14, 2017, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

I don't have a problem with that, if they are graduating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two juniors will be honored on Senior Day ]

Totally agree! I love them all, but unless they academically are seniors, they should not carry the title.

Nov 14, 2017, 2:29 PM

Class is based on how many academic credits earned, not how many semesters you happen to attend. Also, if a major employer in your chosen field offers you $1 mil, why would you stay ?

I agree some players need the extra year at college to develop their talent, either to move up in the draft or even make it into the draft. Others are already there.

I would love to see them as Tigers one more season, but would do the same if I was in their shoes.

Nov 14, 2017, 4:22 PM

You can't blame the kids. If they have their degrees (or even if not) God Bless and thank you for all you brought to Clemson and our Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic