Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
247Sport updates Trevor Lawrence's rankings (supposedly)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

247Sport updates Trevor Lawrence's rankings (supposedly)

Oct 9, 2017, 2:10 PM

Author: Barton Simmons @bartonsimmons

Rankings update: Senior midseason risers
At the close of the high school football season, and with all-star games and All-American games to observe, there will be heavy overhauls to the national rankings on 247Sports

At the close of the high school football season, and with all-star games and All-American games to observe, there will be heavy overhauls to the national rankings on 247Sports in the class of 2018. But already, with most teams nearing the midway point of the season, there are some players that have caught our eyes. These are a few players that have gotten Top247 bumps based in large part on what we’ve seen this fall.

Trevor Lawrence – Lawrence, the Clemson commit, remains No. 2 in the country behind Justin Fields but we’ve upgraded his rating to be on par with Field’s with a franchise grade of 100. Both have an opportunity to finish with the highest grade we’ve ever given a quarterback. In seven games, Lawrence topped the 2,000 yard passing mark on the season and has 26 passing scores. He’s now only 15 touchdowns from breaking from Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson’s Georgia high school record for touchdown passes (159).

Guess Steve Wiltfong, National Director Recruiting 247Sports, is starting to fear being being known as "the Kipp-Shay" of HS QB ratings.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tommy-Togiai-talks-Washington-official-visit-108665090

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of these recruiting sites gonna get burned on Fields

Oct 9, 2017, 2:24 PM

The dude is good but not great. His ceiling is most likely a guy like Deondre Francois. I actually thnk Emory Jones is the second best QB in this class. He reminds me a lot of Jameis Winston. Neither compare to Lawrence though.

i agree but

Oct 9, 2017, 2:36 PM

Fields looks good playing those 7 on 7s in shorts.

Re: i agree but

Oct 9, 2017, 2:42 PM

You are right, but playing in shorts against 7 others in shorts ain't like playing against 11 Div 1 players on defense that want to separate your head from your body!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was going well until you mentioned Emory

Oct 9, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to A lot of these recruiting sites gonna get burned on Fields ]

Kid couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. He is a JT Barrett clone. All legs, no arm.

What gives you the impression that he is better than Fields?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: 247Sport updates Trevor Lawrence's rankings (supposedly)

Oct 9, 2017, 2:47 PM

I left out the part about Trevor leading his team to 37 consecutive wins and looks like toward their third consecutive state title. (Don't think you can do that in shorts.)

Oct 9, 2017, 3:40 PM

No, but if anyone could do anything it in shorts it would be Lawrence.

Oct 9, 2017, 3:37 PM

Lawrence is the much better QB

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Lawrence will be a legend in college and the NFL*****

Oct 9, 2017, 7:00 PM

Is that the right link? Also, Germans.

Oct 9, 2017, 4:06 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TL-rated-a-perfect-100-on-247-but-still-behind-Fields-1731796?tstart=0

Snowflake Basher........Out

Comparison

Oct 9, 2017, 4:14 PM

I was looking at some of this stuff last night and spent some time looking through scouting sites. My honest assessment of Fields vs. Lawrence...

Trevor Lawrence’s whole game footage is more impressive than Fields’ highlight film.

Lawrence has the most arm talent I have ever seen and he has as much moxy and presence as anyone I can think of to go along with above average athleticism and elite measurables.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Case closed

Oct 9, 2017, 6:58 PM

and headed to CLEMSON, not UGa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. He is going to be great in the NFL too.

Oct 9, 2017, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Comparison ]

He is a freak.

Why does any Clemson fan even worry about Fields?

Oct 9, 2017, 7:04 PM

We know we have a great player. Who cares about Fields?

Maybe some just think it's funny that before TL

Oct 9, 2017, 7:10 PM

committed ,he was labeled the best QB prospect since P Manning. Then, after committing , another QB rises in the Underwear Olympics.

Happened with DW4 too. Sean White blew up on the Underwear circuit. Now he's looking for another school and DW4 is helping out cafeteria staff with his Games checks.

They both have the highest rating possible.

Oct 9, 2017, 7:17 PM

Who cares?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic