Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Wake Forest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,215

New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Wake Forest

Oct 9, 2017, 7:57 AM

Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Wake Forest

A quick start and dominating defense gave the appearance of a runaway performance, but the next three-plus quarters gave the Tigers some teaching moments going into the second half of the scheduled slate. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Wake Forest

Oct 9, 2017, 8:40 AM

Pretty fair assessment. Was pleased to see much better spec team play. Especially punt, k/o coverage and Ray Ray in punt return. I believe he's more confident now.

We've got to reduce our turnover errors. Also, not seeing many batted balls by our dline.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice write-up with video!

Oct 9, 2017, 1:00 PM

Well done!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 1:19 PM

Why is there no discussion of the offensive line play? I thought the O-Line was Ok at best and several players struggled. The play of the Offensive line will determine how far this team goes this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 2:12 PM

I agree, our best offensive weapon is our QB taking off on a busted pass play. There doesn't seem to be many holes for our backs to run through.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 11:04 PM

I hear a lot of talk about our oline on here. It would be a good stat to know how long ( seconds ) they’re giving kb to throw vs how long they gave DW4 last year.

I’ve noticed several games where kb had a nice pocket to slide up into where he actually chose to step back and try to outrun the pocket and got sacked... that’s not on our oline.

Kb also seems to have a problem when he scrambles out keeping his eyes downfield vs looking for a lane to run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football 2017 Great Talent/Defense/Teamwork/Attitude

Oct 9, 2017, 11:49 PM

Personnel and talent wise this is the best Clemson Defense in a long time maybe ever. Atlanta Falcons radio play-by-play man Wes Durham was highly complimentary of Clemson team and D-Line "1st round monsters". Two obvious Achilles heels' on this team are predictability/complete dependence on QB runs and continuing average to poor Special Teams' play (excepting Spiers who is a major upgrade at punter.)

But this Clemson Defense is so good, it may no matter. Just win baby. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,215
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic