Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Before I left to come to work this a.m., I stepped in to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,932

May 3, 2018, 8:44 AM

give a sleeping myfavjr. and kiss on the head and to let him know I loved him. Then it hit me, when I see him Sunday afternoon, he'll be seven years old. My young boy is growing up. :) :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 9:02 AM

a pile of poop?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Before I left to come to work this a.m., I stepped in to

May 4, 2018, 9:48 PM

I bet you will look where you're putting your feet down from now on!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drove with my 9 yr old Son up to Notre Dame game in 1979..

May 3, 2018, 9:02 AM

and we bonded even more as Clemson fans & buddies.

Think about taking your Boy up to NDame game..in about 2 years I believe!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fatherhood is becoming an archaic art that is being stamped

May 3, 2018, 9:10 AM

out at an alarming rate. Fathers are more than a check. They are the moral compass of those priveledged to have them in their lives. As much as my father and I fought as I grew up, I never thought I’d be here today saying how lucky I was everyday for having him around. I just hope I make the same impact on my kids.

And Bill, trust me, your son will remember that moment forever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fatherhood is becoming an archaic art that is being stamped

May 4, 2018, 8:39 PM

couldn't agree more.wish my parents were alive to tell them how much I appreciate everything they did for me.too bad such wisdom comes later in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Drove with my 9 yr old Son up to Notre Dame game in 1979..

May 3, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Drove with my 9 yr old Son up to Notre Dame game in 1979.. ]

I was fortunate to meet a wonderful couple who are die hard Clemson fans and we tailgate with them. Those memories we are building with them will last a life time with both of us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cherish every day with him, MFO.

May 3, 2018, 9:14 AM

They grow up too fast. Marrying off my youngest in 12 days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Cherish every day with him, MFO.

May 3, 2018, 9:27 AM

Fathers and sons need to spend as much quality time together as possible and I dearly recall the Clemson gamesdove hunts and fishing trips I shared with my late father. He has been gone from my life almost seventeen years and I miss his presence in so many ways.

As said in another post cherish what you have while you can.

Go Tigers!

May 3, 2018, 9:25 AM

I have two boys right at the same age as yours and a daughter. I was putting my youngest son to bed the other night and we locked eyes for about a minute. Then he asked me why I was looking at him. I said because this moment won’t last forever. You’re growing up fast. One day you will be a man and you will no longer live with me. Both of my boys then said they always wanted to live with me. I told them one day you will be a man and you won’t want to stay here. Of course at their age they don’t understand any of this. I’m hoping to cherish the moment and not let it pass me by without appreciating it for what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2018, 9:45 AM

I know exactly how you feel.

May 4, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Before I left to come to work this a.m., I stepped in to ]

Yep, as soon as something drops down in the sack, the plans of when they can have a place of their own will go into to the planning stage!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are his thoughts on whether or knot Dabo will go to bama?

May 3, 2018, 9:27 AM

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Enjoy each and every day. He'll be going off to Clemson

May 3, 2018, 9:35 AM

in a blink of an eye. I know it sounds crazy, but one day [much sooner than you can imagine] you'll know exactly what I mean.

May 3, 2018, 11:12 AM

Those are some great years MFO! Enjoy. My boy is a teenager now.........

May 3, 2018, 12:35 PM

I’m asking . Would any one of us thank our dad? I wouldn’t. To his face. But I love him

May 3, 2018, 1:47 PM

My dad was a father before he was my friend. I love and respect him even though we still disagree. Told him two years ago, when he leaves this world, thanks to him, I'll make it. We hugged and he told me that was the best compliment I could give him.

He’ll be shaving before you know it, MyFav.

May 3, 2018, 1:41 PM

Enjoy today. It’ll be gone in a blink of an eye.

~JKB

Re: He’ll be shaving before you know it, MyFav.

May 4, 2018, 10:06 PM

With my two daughters, one is in her late 30's and the other is in her very early 40's, and I still see them both as my little baby girls, but they are quick to remind me how old they are when I forget how old they really are, and that can be pretty tough at times!!!

May 4, 2018, 7:36 AM
IMG_0525.JPG(81.8 K)

as a child the older I got the smarter my dad got

The days may be long, but the years are short

May 4, 2018, 8:18 AM

Mine are 15 and 13 and I still often think that they're 7 & 5 (though sometimes it's because they're acting that way!!). I still peek in on them at night sometime, just watch them sleep, pray over them, and such. Three and five more years and they'll be out of the house to some degree.

It's really unfair how quick they grow up...

May 4, 2018, 8:45 AM

My oldest went from a kid to taller than I in just a year it seemed. He's only 14! He has a twin brother trying to catch up with him. Just not fair but I praise God my children are healthy and growing!
Finally enjoy these years buddy because Ferris Beuller wasn't lying.

Wow...my eyes!

May 4, 2018, 9:40 AM

Must be something in the air this morning...eyes keep watering.

Remember this thread on Father's Day...and repeat, please. Awesome sentiments. My wife's off to visit our oldest and his bride in a couple of weeks. Talk about 32 years flying by!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 12:59 PM

That's so sweet.

Who's the boy's father?

(i keed, i keed...) :)

May 4, 2018, 9:47 PM

And there is nothing you can do to even slow an hour down. Just be a good dad and always try to do the right things even knowing that sometimes you will get it wrong. Doing the right thing most of the time will lead to a good young man with him knowing most of the right things to do when it's time for him to raise a son or daughter of his own. Giving your kids a good and honest foundation to live their lives by is all we can do, and it is expected of us as parents. I'm sure you are doing it right Myfav!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,932
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic