Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama fan here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Bama fan here

Dec 11, 2017, 10:42 AM

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a third straight playoff appearance.

Even though I'm looking forward to the game and the challenge ahead, I'm expecting us to struggle. This isn't the same elite team we've brought to the playoffs the last few years. We've struggled in the trenches on both sides - our oline has looked bad in pass pro, our offensive game plan has been mediocre at best all season - Hurts scrambling around while looking for Ridley deep and taking off if he's not open. It'll be interesting to see how the staff responds after a lackluster regular season.

Dabo was on the local sports station in Birmingham this morning with Jay Barker. He's such a stand up guy and I'm glad he's having success over in the palmetto state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama fan here

Dec 11, 2017, 10:46 AM

You are a class act, sir.

Should be a good one!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?*****

Dec 11, 2017, 10:46 AM

Pretty sure their MLB is done for the year.***

Dec 11, 2017, 10:49 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?*****

Dec 11, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?***** ]

All except Shaun Dion Hamilton. His presence has been missed, he was the signal caller.

He must be good if you use all three of his names.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

I think you guys match up well with our offense, but our defense matches up very well with your offense as well. Slugfest. I look forward to it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?***** ]

How is Minkah Fitzpatrick doing? He had quite a rough year with getting knocked out (LSU) and the Hamstring injury doing the stretch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:41 PM

He's healthy now. He played in the barn game but he wasn't quite 100%.

I thought I was going to flag you for a list, but that's

Dec 11, 2017, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?***** ]

just one dude, so you're all good.
I expect it to be closer than what I've heard from both Clemson and Bama fans. 5 weeks is a long time for your staff to get ready for a team they're facing for the 3rd straight year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What does it say about the quality of football in the SEC

Dec 11, 2017, 10:50 AM

when you only lose one game all year during a "lackluster regular season?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 11, 2017, 10:51 AM

We appreciate the the poor mouthing but we know Bama is still Bama despite little inefficiencies. This game will go down to the wire again but lower scoring. Trench warfare. Sad the two best teams won't make the final this year.

The committee planned it that way...

Dec 11, 2017, 10:54 AM

because they fear the college football viewing public would not be as interested in another Clemson/Alabama final.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm assuming that's speculation?

Dec 11, 2017, 11:24 AM

I think Bama was ranked 4th, and rightly so behind the SEC champs and Oklahoma. Don't you think?

Frankly...

Dec 11, 2017, 11:38 AM

I thought Ohio State deserved the 4th spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm with you on that. If I recall correctly, OSU

Dec 11, 2017, 11:51 AM

led Bama in 3 of the 4 known measurables for the committee. The unknown measurable is something like, "other relevant factors". I assume that to mean, "eye test". Whatever it was, I don't buy it. The committee should be forced to objectively explain their decision.

Welcome to the site.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:57 AM

What do you think is the reason for the drop off in line play this year? Is it recruiting? bama always seems to be stacked, even the backups.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first guess would be NFL. No doubt we are going against

Dec 11, 2017, 11:09 AM

7-10 guys in the trenches that will be playing there one day. I'm betting on our experience along the lines vs their talent.

Re: Welcome to the site.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Welcome to the site. ]

On D I think it's a combination of lack of pass rushers and inconsistent LB play due to injuries. As for the oline, I think it's the blocking scheme. Daboll is still implementing his system so hopefully next season we'll be better.

You misspelled .. cheerleadin, bible abusing, crooked,

Dec 11, 2017, 11:09 AM

Real estate agent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Injuries

Dec 11, 2017, 11:12 AM

Not sure if LB Miller will be ready either. He tore a biceps or something along that line. I don’t think he will have his football legs quite underneath him yet. If he does play I would exploit that. Bama has plenty of backs so I expect them to feed them to open play action. Thing is Hurts will see Ridley double teamed. A slot receiver may take advantage but at least we don’t have to worry about TE Howard. Minkah can’t be everywhere and he will have his hands full chasing H Renfro.

Yaws Special Teams will be an advantage over us. Regardless it will be an exciting game.

Re: Injuries

Dec 11, 2017, 11:17 AM

This has been the biggest gripe from Bama fans. I don't know why Daboll hasn't utilized the RBs more on play action. All of our RBs have great hands. His play calling has been questionable all season.

I've watched you guys a lot. You haven't had to work hard

Dec 11, 2017, 11:26 AM

until the last weeks of the season on offense. The play calling I agree with, but you haven't ever had to pull out "all stops." You guys are like us offensively, but a different mindset on first down. Everyone knows you guys are running. You relie on punishing into the 2nd half.
. Then things break and happen. We need to contain Hurts on passing downs to win. Bottom line. Same for y'all against KB. Gonna be a great game!

Re: I've watched you guys a lot. You haven't had to work hard

Dec 11, 2017, 11:30 AM

Very true. I'm looking forward to it, can't beat Nawlins on New Years!

Hello sir and welcome!

Dec 11, 2017, 11:56 AM

Good luck to you and your team. I’m expecting Bama to play their best football come January 1st and think it’ll be a tight one until the last play. Very fitting considering our last two battles. Don’t think it’ll be high scoring as they were though. Something in the 24-20 range is my best guess.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:57 AM

It is pretty great when going 11-1 is lackluster. It does sting to lose to Auburn I am sure but they will be watching y'all in the playoffs. Good luck. It will be a dog fight for sure. Not many teams have the talent of either team.

I think most fans agree

Dec 11, 2017, 12:08 PM

this game is really for the Trophy, just have to wait 8 days to hand it out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Are y'all breaking out the chrome helmets on us ??

Dec 11, 2017, 12:26 PM

Bam ...

This will lead you to tears.

Dec 11, 2017, 12:29 PM

You aren't getting our coach. Do yourself a favor, forget it now and begin your search elsewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any word on how much having the gamecock fans support

Dec 11, 2017, 12:39 PM

has meant to you guys?

^^^^ ------------- POTY!!***

Dec 11, 2017, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any word on how much having the gamecock fans support

Dec 11, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Any word on how much having the gamecock fans support ]

Just beautiful! Roll C0cks!

Dec 11, 2017, 8:30 PM

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

can you school gamechicken and hurricane fans

Dec 12, 2017, 2:33 PM

on how to be nice and polite?

Replies: 32
| visibility 1