Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Love This Weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I Love This Weekend

Nov 16, 2017, 8:57 PM

As a long time Clemson admirer but only recent season ticket holder (4years) Military Appreciation Day is by far my favorite weekend on campus. Clemson does it up right. For the second year in a row I’ll be bringing a friend down from NH for their first college football game. I can’t wait to board the plane in Boston tomorrow morning. It is so cool showing folks that have never been there how special of a place Clemson is. From Friday walking the campus and the town, to tailgating and immersing ourselves in the fun and love for football and Clemson we all share together on game day.

I feel very fortunate to have both of my daughters attending Clemson after foregoing college myself and spending 20+years in the service. My wife and I are very proud of them both but on this weekend it is my oldest that shines a little more as an ML4 Army ROTC cadet and future Army Officer.

Let’s all have a great weekend and hopefully some fun and comradarie as we celebrate many things that make Clemson and our country such a special place.

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Love This Weekend

Nov 16, 2017, 10:13 PM

Thanks for yr service.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 16, 2017, 10:20 PM

Safe travels. I know you will enjoy your weekend. I am looking forward to being there as well.

Nov 16, 2017, 10:37 PM

Wonderful post that portrays the things about Clemson that make it so special! Congratulations on your daughters - I know you must be beaming with pride!

As for you, regardless of whatever your rank, I salute you sir! Saying that your service is appreciated falls far short of the debt that I and every other American owes to you. Your service and sacrifices, along with others serving in the military, is a HUGE part of why the USA is such a great country. It is appropriate that we, your Clemson family, can honor you and America's armed services on Saturday.

Accolades to the USA and to all things Clemson! Do it Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Met a young couple at the Charlotte airport early

Nov 17, 2017, 5:55 AM

Sunday, as I was flying out to Houston, and they were returning to Boston after attending the Clemson/FSU game.

I had on my orange with Tiger Paw, and they walked across the lobby for a chat after spotting me.

Very nice, friendly, and, I think, a little envious of my flying into 80 degree weather.

Wear some orange. You'll be surprised with the strangers who will strike up conversations, because The Paw is a national brand.

Safe travels!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met a young couple at the Charlotte airport early

Nov 17, 2017, 12:37 PM

Thanks. On the plane now. Had a great chat with a 2006 Alum in line. What a great community.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2017, 12:55 PM

I am originally from NH and had 3 buddies down last season for the military appreciation day last year. It was a great time. Clemson really does it well. Second to last home game as a student and it took them all 4+ years to make it down to Clemson.

Sound like you've done it right sir

Nov 17, 2017, 2:53 PM

My brother is a 30 year USCG vet ~ CW4 Mr. Harry Howell. He's been out a couple of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats.... looks like you will

Nov 17, 2017, 3:56 PM

Now be calling your oldest maam come May ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic