Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball

Jan 27, 2018, 3:49 PM

The team has done an outstanding job this year and that has to be recognized. Looking at preseason polls, where they had Clemson near the bottom, Clemson has already beaten 5 of the top preseason teams in the ACC. They have beaten, number 13 Ohio State, number 20 Florida in Florida, South Carolina, NC State at home, Louisville, Miami and Notre Dame. Both Miami and Louisville are just out of the top 20.

The Clemson Basketball team has come a long way this year. Brownell has done this the right way. Clemson does not show up under the title investigation. His players graduate. Something all Clemson fans should support. I want a year and year out top twenty Program and believe we are heading in that direction.

Before the season stared, all Clemson fans would have been ecstatic about the wins we have already had this year.

Go Tigers

Nuff Said

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball

Jan 27, 2018, 3:52 PM

Good try mrs Brownell

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2018, 3:55 PM

Always got to negative nelly show her face

Jan 27, 2018, 3:59 PM

Yup always

Jan 27, 2018, 5:33 PM

If coach Brownell could land EJ Montgomery it would really help the Tigers become a solid team.. I’m glad that we made his top ten!

Jan 27, 2018, 5:37 PM

So EJ is who we need. I know we need a big commit to go with the 3 solids we currently have committed. Seems like we should be able to obtain that with our commitment to the basketball program and this year's success on the court.

Jan 27, 2018, 6:38 PM

A top recruit like this kid who is being recruited by UNC and Duke and all the big boys would be a nice catch!

Jan 27, 2018, 7:40 PM

EJ appears to be a monster.

sorry who are the3 solids***

Jan 28, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry who are the3 solids***

Jan 28, 2018, 11:18 AM

1. Trey Jamison
2. John Newman
3. Hunter Tyson

All great recruits.

Jan 28, 2018, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball ]

Another win

Jan 28, 2018, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball ]

Pathetic golfer23 was no where to be found during basketball season until the UVA game.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jan 29, 2018, 5:40 PM

I smell chicken

I can vouch for golfer23. He's a big Tiger fan

Jan 29, 2018, 6:32 PM

and I mean a big Tiger fan as he's no little guy tall and big who loves the Tigers. I can also vouch he's a man of his word. His opinions and other matters are his own but I can tell you he's definetly no coot.

LOL, well that settles it.***

Jan 29, 2018, 7:14 PM

Re: I can vouch for golfer23. He's a big Tiger fan

Jan 29, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to I can vouch for golfer23. He's a big Tiger fan ]

Thank You! I’ve lost 40 lbs so still big but not quite as big!

Finish!***

Jan 27, 2018, 5:41 PM

Question: Why did it take three years to unleash Donte

Jan 27, 2018, 7:22 PM

Grantham? I think this is what frustrates basketball fans. BB should have built around DG game which is more switching point forward to lead the offense and had the guys green lighted to run the past couple of years. Now, he has to start all over, AGAIN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Why did it take three years to unleash Donte

Jan 27, 2018, 8:29 PM

Did you watch Dante play last year? He was not the leader or player that he turned into just this season. We were bringing Thomas along, Legend was a nonfactor, and Djitte lost a ton of passes every game. We did not have Skara or Donnal, so the nucleus of what was around, a much improved Grantham, was not there until this season.

Jan 27, 2018, 11:30 PM

That's my point; why did it take so long to identify what Donte can do and put players around him. Honestly, he was #88 player in the nation and BB should have at least started bringing in players to compliment him two, TWO years ago. Now it is over. I hope the team can pick it up. I really do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 8:59 AM

You missed the point that he did not come into the player he needed to be until this year. Brad did change some things up in the off season but that was not the full story of why Dante's numbers are up. He was terrible last year. Brad did not shoot all those bricks, Dante did. Last year he shot 37.2% from the field, 27.9 on 3s, had a 54.7 ft %, averaged 4.6 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 1 block, 0.9 steals per game, and scored 8.8 points in 29.6 minutes per contest . And again, Donell and Skara allow different looks that Dijitte and Legend did not.

did Legend transfer,forgot about him***

Jan 28, 2018, 9:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Question: Why did it take three years to unleash Donte ]

you cannot identify something if you don't see. He just improved so much since last year. If it was there and Donte did not play last couple of years like he has this year, it would be his fault.

Do you even understand basketball and recruiting???***

Jan 29, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Question: Why did it take three years to unleash Donte ]

Jan 28, 2018, 8:15 PM

Another great road win. Way to go Tigers.

Jan 28, 2018, 9:04 PM

Very grateful for Coach Brownell and his staff. Really respect the players they recruit and the player development. He is an excellent game coach. We are blessed to have Coach Swinney and Coach Brownell out front. Don’t know why some folks opine as they do in the -

Jan 28, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball ]

Very grateful for Coach Brownell and his staff. Really respect the players they recruit and the player development. He is an excellent game coach. We are blessed to have Coach Swinney and Coach Brownell out front. Don’t know why some folks opine as they do in the -

Jan 29, 2018, 12:45 AM

I think Brad has done a pretty good job this year. No overall complaints . .with what he has to work with. We're just not there yet and need a few top notch recruits to get over the hump.

Jan 28, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Backing Brownell and Clemson Basketball ]

It's easy to complain about bball if your not following it

Jan 29, 2018, 5:26 PM

Most fans I see on here just see the score and say same stuff different year. They don't watch or support the program. Just bash it. It's hard to compete in the best basketball league in the country when your recruiting against the triangle down the road in Duke , UNC, and Ncstate. May throw in Kentucky /Louisville near as well. Wake Forest. Virginia. Football wise u can go in and pluck guys out, but it's tough recruiting wise. Yet with our limited star guys we still manage to give Duke a heart attack buzzer beater at Cameron indoor. UNC need a buzzer beater to beat us at home last year and they won it all. I'm saying we are in almost every game. Which means we have the right coaching , just need a tad more consistent players. I remember either Larry Shyatt we were hardly in half the games.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic