Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Was There
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I Was There

Jul 3, 2019, 9:02 AM

My cousin was at Lexington and Concord, I was at Kings Mountain, Cowpens and with General Washington at Yorktown, I was at Appomattox, I was at New Orleans with Jackson, I was at Belleau Woods, I was on the Arizona, I was at Midway, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Normandy and Bastonge, I was at Ia Drang, Khe Sanh,and Hue', I was at Kuwait, I am In Iraq, and Afghanistan.

I weep for everyone who has sacrificed for me, I get chills every time I hear Lee Greenwood sing God Bless the USA. Tomorrow, I shall proudly help celebrate America's birthday. You see I am Old Glory the banner that proudly will always fly over the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Happy birthday and God Bless America!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?? ?? ????

Jul 3, 2019, 9:05 AM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it or leave it!

Jul 3, 2019, 9:07 AM

God Bless America!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I Was There

Jul 3, 2019, 9:14 AM

Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty. "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ernest Hemingway

Jul 3, 2019, 5:58 PM

said that "eternal vigilance" was the price of a blue marlin. He was right, too.

Jul 3, 2019, 9:51 AM

Freedom is definitely not free !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 3, 2019, 10:01 AM

Lee Greenwood was just pandering to make a buck.

Jul 3, 2019, 10:19 AM

Just so's you know it bud, a lot of good men died at the places mentioned to give an ingrate like you the privilege of replying

That's not very professional, moral, or ethical of you, Sir

Jul 3, 2019, 11:20 AM

Go USA!!

Re: That's not very professional, moral, or ethical of you, Sir

Jul 3, 2019, 11:50 AM

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

Jul 3, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I Was There ]

Exactly........people that hate America need to give it a try some where else.....so sick of this crap that is going on today.....hate our country, hate our flag .....just move to some other country and see how good you have it there or SHUT UP........God Bless America and Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Jul 3, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I Was There ]

LG done good, too, didn't he?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I Was There ]

Hope my sarcasm meter is broken.
I'll refrain from further comment assuming it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 11:17 AM

I proudly fly my flag 24/365. And, this week, a banner hangs over my garage door. I am forever indebted to all those men and women who made, and continue to make, it possible for all of us to enjoy the freedoms and privileges granted to each one of us by their sacrifices.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 11:53 AM

Thank you Joe for being there too!!!

And we - Sir ..... are indebted ....

Jul 3, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I Was There ]

.... to you !!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dang, you must be really old ;)***

Jul 3, 2019, 11:18 AM

POTD! Your best post ever

Jul 3, 2019, 11:24 AM

I’m pretty young but I don’t understand this generation. Social media has done great damage to this country.

I’ll always be proud to be an American.

I had one grandfather that fought in the battle of the bulge. I still have the loot he brought home from all of his NAZI POWs.

The other flew bomber planes while getting shot at constantly. He graduated from Clemson on the GI bill.

Truly the greatest generation and I’ll raise my kids to understand the great sacrifices that everyone has seemed to forget these days.

Great post ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems that those who complain about her the most...

Jul 3, 2019, 1:41 PM

...also reap the most of her liberties.

God Bless America!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 6:11 PM

God Bless the USA, where the people, the land, and the country that I truly Love are!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kaepernick is All In.***

Jul 3, 2019, 6:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic