Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Entertainment purposes only
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Entertainment purposes only

Jun 26, 2019, 11:39 AM

The next time you're watching your favorite sports show, entertainment show or even clown show....here's a bit of factual information that you might find useful:

There's no doubt that Clemson has dominated the ACC the past few years in football.

In fact, the last 3 years the Tigers are 25-2 vs conference foes and have outscored their opponents by 583 points. A few brave souls in the media like to point out that the reasoning is due to Clemson's superiority and the lack of competition in their respective conference.

There's no doubt that Bama has dominated the SEC the past few years in football, too.

In the last 3 years of SEC play, Alabama is 25-1 vs conference foes and have outscored their opponents by a whopping 713 points. None of the brave media souls mentioned above would like to use the same reasoning that perhaps Bama is doing the very exact same thing to their league. Some would even argue against the supposed best division in football?

Instead of reaching for excuses to demean a league, perhaps it's accurate and smart just to point out that both Clemson and Bama are just that good.

Both leagues have good teams and some dogs....and both leagues have an elite team, too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's OK, you can say it.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:45 AM

UGA has a big mouf full of the suck.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Can you say that here without any moderation???***

Jun 26, 2019, 6:13 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^This guy gets it.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Jun 26, 2019, 11:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Entertainment purposes only

Jun 26, 2019, 12:01 PM

If you look at the last 3 years, Alabama is 5-2 VS the ACC and Clemson is 8-1 VS the SEC

Jun 26, 2019, 12:32 PM

I get what you're trying to do but that is a dumb stat -

Back out the bama/clemson head to head games and clemson is 6-0 vs SEC.
Back out SCAR wins because those don't count either (we play them every year and they are terrible) and we are 3-0 vs SEC. Auburn twice, TAM once

Bama is 2-1 vs Auburn and 3-0 vs TAM over same time period = 5-1

I know it's all for fun and games but the ACC/SEC talk gets old when this board bashes on SCAR and how bad they are but then at same time say we have X wins vs Y losses vs SEC when majority of those wins are coming from said gamecocks

Jun 26, 2019, 12:37 PM

Yeah, well, said chickens - though at the bottom of the SEC - are still projected as being better than ALL of the ACC. Except, of course, for Clemson. So those wins do count. And, That is like chicken slapping all of the SEC at the same time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jun 26, 2019, 1:07 PM

haha well said my man

Jun 26, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Entertainment purposes only ]

It's not just Clemson, don't forget Virginia.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, how about this stat..Over the past 4 years, the entire

Jun 26, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Entertainment purposes only ]

SEC has a losing record against the ACC in football! Just go back an re-read Packman's post. Bama has dominated their league even more so than Clemson has dominated the ACC! So, if the rest of the ACC is a bunch of clowns, then the SEC must be, also!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you weren't entertained?

Jun 27, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Entertainment purposes only ]

Is that right, NClemsonAve

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stuff, you should talk about this stuff professionally***

Jun 26, 2019, 1:16 PM

Clemson

Jun 26, 2019, 6:54 PM

Preach it Mark!

By the way, great show today and listener call in regarding Bob Lee’s retirement. Overall, it’s interesting how many great people are currently sports commentators and journalists. It’s the few bad apples that makes for the poor perception.

DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE! Or, in this case,

Jun 27, 2019, 12:23 PM

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING LOGIC ONTO THESE BOREDS! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for O Brother reference***

Jun 27, 2019, 12:54 PM

Give 'em hell, Pack!***

Jun 27, 2019, 2:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2019, 2:44 PM

Bama and Clemson records are the same for the very same reasons, and those reasons are bc both out talent everybody that makes them so much better than anybody they play!!! IMO to say that Bama plays a much tougher schedule is just Bull Sh!t!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic