Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crazy Cancer Drugs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Crazy Cancer Drugs

Nov 8, 2018, 1:57 PM

Well, we began Cycle 2 of 35 in the trial yestidy. About 30 minutes after I got the last of the "stuff", we had an allergic reaction to it--muscle pain, "shakes", and some difficulty breathing for about 10-15 minutes. After getting some Benadryl and Demerol(calms tremor response as well as pain), everything began to return to normal. Levine Cancer Institute was "Judy-on-the-Spot" with response, and I got to go home as scheduled.

They told us that if there were any type of reaction, it usually happened on the first day of the first cycle. Mine occurring on the second cycle is highly unusual(aren't I always???)

I went back this morning--by myself--and participated in the "poke-n-probe"(blood work, vitals, etc)and everything was good. We go back-again-tomorrow for the same thing, and twice next week.

We feel good today, and are really heartened hearing about RU4GOD2's great news regarding his prostate cancer history.

Y'uns be good, and Go Tigers!!!!! Bring the Leather Helmet back again!!!!

Ron W., 71PR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keeping you in prayers

Nov 8, 2018, 2:01 PM

Re: Crazy Cancer Drugs

Nov 8, 2018, 2:05 PM

Good that fighting spirit. Prayers that this is the answer you are looking for

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 8, 2018, 2:07 PM

God Bless ya my Tiger Brother. We are sending prayers from this end. Please keep us posted !!

Hang on tight; God has more work for you to complete here before even thinking about joining him, I assure you ! (Not to mention we are needed on the sidelines or in the coaching recliner to continue to cheer on our awesome team)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 2:12 PM

Ron keep fighting and thanks for participating in this drug study, it will help others.

Nov 8, 2018, 2:19 PM

Praying for God's healing for you.

Nov 8, 2018, 2:27 PM

Wonderful fighting spirit PR!! Praying this new drug along with God’s help will be the answer!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Nov 8, 2018, 2:46 PM

Continuing prayers for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 2:48 PM

God! Be with Ron! Touch Ron! Help Ron! Heal Ron. I ask in faith, believing, and in JESUS name (not mine).

Nov 8, 2018, 3:01 PM

Prayers sent.....YOU GOT THIS!!!! ; )

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 3:05 PM

Still have you by my side and things are looking better every day. Beautiful Autumn leaves are covering my yard and on each one there is a message, "This prayer is for 71PR" Stay strong and keep us updated.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're with you, Ron!***

Nov 8, 2018, 3:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Continued prayers for you and your family.

Nov 8, 2018, 4:03 PM

Keep fighting the good fight Ron. God bless.

Nov 8, 2018, 5:15 PM

You sound like you've opened up a can of whupass on that damm cancer!
May God bless you and heal your body.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 5:46 PM

Sending prayers for you and your family. Respect for your strength and determination. My mother took part in a trial for breast cancer about 30 yers ago. She did great and went into complete remission.

Nov 8, 2018, 6:29 PM

From many of us that r servivors we r pulling for Ron to come join us. Good luck Yiget

Nov 8, 2018, 6:36 PM

Really proud at how you are attacking your illness. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers. You keep attacking and we will make you an honorary Marine ..... in spite of your handle indicating that you may have been an Army guy!

Nov 8, 2018, 6:47 PM

Praying for your conquest of this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

praying,best of luck to you71PR***

Nov 8, 2018, 7:27 PM

Nov 9, 2018, 8:07 AM

Hey buddy, praying for you this morning. And I’m believing great things are gonna happen very quickly. Keep fighting, and keep doing what the doctor say do.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 9, 2018, 9:09 AM

Praying for you my friend. I hope you have a great Saturday so you can enjoy the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 9:13 AM

Praying for healing brother. Stay strong.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:03 PM

Thanks for posting! Praying for you!!!

I love you all as much as my heart can squeeze it out.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:51 PM

Your support for Samdy and I are off the chart. My clemson Family is so good. I have VERY similar kids of families with the Wells Fargo championship, Calvary baptist church, Levine Cancer ans ,ost importantly TigerNet.
We have others needing our prayers as well. Just look at the list in Mickey's Blog each week. There is a true need for each and every person asking for prayer.

Support them as you have supported us on the home page.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:55 PM

Prayers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic