Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting article on who actually beats top 25 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Interesting article on who actually beats top 25 teams

Jul 3, 2018, 10:05 AM

Written from SEC perspective, but looks at all teams during playoff area.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-actually-beats-good-teams-ap-top-25-interesting-playoff-trend/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting article, thanks for posting***

Jul 3, 2018, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting article on who actually beats top 25 teams

Jul 3, 2018, 10:25 AM

That is an interesting article. Certainly puts the good guys up there with other elite teams. The Tigers beat all the other top teams except UGA, who they haven’t played. Pretty impressive,especially when you consider the success they have had against Oklahoma and Ohio State!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

Very good read! Confirms what we Clemson fans already knew. Dabo has built a national powerhouse and it can be proven statistically. And while the "yardbirds" are all gungho about building on their big season last year, it was entirely hollow! They beat nobody! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 2:02 PM

Yep, they beat scrubs, we beat defending champions, and they think they should be up there with the champions. To be a champion, you have to beat known champions!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting article on who actually beats top 25 teams ]

But you can’t get them to realize how hollow their wins were because they beat Michigan. Coot fans are the most delusional fans in college football. They beat NC State, Wofford and I think one or two other teams with winning record. 5 wins came against LA Tech and other schools with losing records. What coot fans don’t understand is that Clemson’s Elite recruiting has helped the coots to recruiting. Most of the Players they are getting now would probably have gone to Clemson before Dabo turned Clemson into an Elite program.

Michigan’s tree climbing , milk drinking sleepovers may be wearing thin with Michigan’s fan base. The loss to the coots has to rank up there as one of their most embarrassing loses. Will Harbaugh be on the hot seat at some point this year?? I say he will and I say he bolts for NFL if he can find a team who can tolerate him.

And this article shows how weak the SEC is without Bama and UGA. Can Kirby sustain last years level of success at Ga. for several seasons?? IMO I don’t think he can.

Dabo=Clemson=Successful Elite Program ( as proven over several seasons)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Article

Jul 3, 2018, 10:46 AM

Thanks for sharing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 10:59 AM

OUCH!!
"A team like South Carolina would be a good example of a team who had a hollow season. The Gamecocks finished with 9 wins — that’s no small feat — but they were just 0-2 against teams that actually finished ranked inside the Associated Press Top 25."
But, Muscrat is doing such a great job!

would be interesting to compare those stats to the number of

Jul 3, 2018, 11:42 AM

wins a team had over teams who were in the top 25 when they played. I bet SEC teams excel at that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: would be interesting to compare those stats to the number of

Jul 3, 2018, 12:16 PM

It’s just a literal gauntlet man, they beat each other up. And it kills all of their top 10 pre-season rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2018, 11:47 AM

too many facts and actual proof found in this article.....nobody is going to actually broadcast this or get this word out in today's world where "fake news" is king...........Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 12:48 PM

Odd, not a single mention of this on fgf.
Of course a thread link to this article "over there" is enough to get even a long standing poster booted from that site.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 2:08 PM

Being booted from that FGF site should be Honorable bc it means you told the truth and they didn't like it and kick you out of the liars club!!! To be welcome over there, you have to lie to yourself and believe it!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 1:45 PM

Great article. Thanks for posting!

Jul 3, 2018, 2:24 PM

Great Article. I will hang on to this one for some upcoming conversations with coots I may come in contact with.

Imagine if it only used non-conference wins***

Jul 4, 2018, 9:56 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But... but... but... scar’s record is so bad cuz...

Jul 4, 2018, 10:31 AM

They play Bammer twice a year in their brutal SEC schedules. 3 times a year if they make the SEC Championship Game. Everyone knows that!

~JKB

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic