Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My grandson told me a story about one of his teamates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

My grandson told me a story about one of his teamates

Jun 28, 2018, 10:44 AM

My grandson plays football for the local high school, and one of his teammates is a pretty highly recruited player. The kid took a visit to one of the north Carolina schools, that is recruiting him, and somehow Clemson came up in a conversation he had with one of the coaches. The coach told him that Clemson's culture is the most admirable that he has ever seen. From top to bottom, from the coaches to the student managers, everyone is courteous and respectful. When they are the visiting team, they leave the dressing room almost exactly as they found it. When his team visits the valley, they are treated like guests, not like a visiting football team. He told the kid all this to say, that they are trying to build the same culture at their school. I told my grandson, that coach sounded more like he was recruiting for Clemson than he was for his own school. Dabo has built more than a football program, he has built something pretty special. It's hard to imagine who wouldn't want to play for The Tigers. Ain't we glad TDP took a chance on an unknown wide receiver coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My grandson told me a story about one of his teamates

Jun 28, 2018, 11:34 AM

We Clemson fans are glad but others are not. ;)

that coach had to be from Duke, Wake or a smaller school. NCSt. and UNC I just don't see that happening right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 11:41 AM

Wake

Jun 28, 2018, 2:38 PM

That's awesome. I wish them luck with that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, no way it was NCSU. Doeren would NEVER

Jun 29, 2018, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: My grandson told me a story about one of his teamates ]

compliment Clemson on ANYTHING! That is why I hope we continue to beat NCSU for many years to come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dabo knows the high road gets you where you need to go...

Jun 28, 2018, 8:59 PM

The high road is not always the fastest route but you don't have to look over your shoulder during your travel and you arrive enriched.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only does that sound great for Clemson but it speaks

Jun 29, 2018, 9:08 AM

well of the coach at the other school for telling the truth instead of negatively recruiting against us.

When Dabo was interviewing for the Clemson job, he told the BOT that he wanted other schools to want to strive to be like us. It sounds like he's already accomplished that.

Im glad you said it was Wake. I’d be worried if a coach from NCSU or UNC

Jun 29, 2018, 12:34 PM

showed that level of awareness. Kind of like when SC fans say we cheat when we beat them. Excellent. As long as they’re saying that, they’re not working on the things they need to work on to get better.

Hays off to that coach for his honest feedback to that recruit. That’s how it should be, and it doesn’t surprise me at all that a Wake coach conducts himself like that.

And as always, hats off to our coaches. That’s how it should be done. Those are college students on our campus to play a game. Not “the enemy.” The opponent. And when we are at their facility, we are guests.

Something I hope Clemson fans always remember (and I think they do). Opposing fans are guests and deserve to enjoy themselves when they visit, hopefully as their team loses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 29, 2018, 2:13 PM

Dabo wasn't an unknown to TDP, TD knew exactly what he was getting in Dabo Swinney, but he also knew that it would take patients for Dabo to come into his own, and he was more than willing to take that chance with Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 2:49 PM

Dr. Dabo PAGING Dr. Dabo!

Wonder if the Gamecocks still think he is a quack?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 29, 2018, 3:26 PM

I've been wondering why they haven't been paying his salary the way they were saying they would if we kept him as our HC after he was hired as Clemson's HC. That was just some more of their lies they tell when they don't what else to say when they have been out done, and trying to act as if they have got the better end of a deal like with Spurrier!!! How did that work out for them after he just quit on them and got drunk. He gave up on trying to win a championship in that junk yard they call USC. That place where the coots play and get beat down by any team that has a pulse, with them waiting on next year... Then they repeat again and again waiting on next year, year after year!!!

Jun 29, 2018, 3:54 PM

You know, you are so correct my friend - I do recall them saying that. All they could squawk about on radio today was the revenue thing and how they were 15 and we were 26th.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: My grandson told me a story about one of his teamates ]

I would imagine most of the people involved with The Tigers program knew about Dabo. I knew no more about him, other than he's the assistant with the funny name, until the bama game in 08. I found out that he was a tide alum just before the game. I did watch him crawl all over number 83, one of our wide receivers, for jumping off side. I thought, well, at least this guys got some fire. When Tommy recommended him to TDP as interim coach, it kinda surprised me. I would have thought Vic K would have gotten the job. Things sure turned out pretty good. If Vic had gotten the job, I don't think The Tigers would be where they are now.

Must be Dorean

Jun 29, 2018, 4:06 PM

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 5:56 PM

My daughter went to Wake and I have always admired their coaches and staffs. They employ people of high character. I too, am not surprised it was their coach.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic