Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts....

Mar 18, 2019, 9:55 AM

are ridiculous.

A few things...
1. winning the NIT would be pretty cool. Its not the final four or even the sweet 16, but its a championship and its a chance to go out on top

2. winning the NIT is NOT the "69th" best team. There are 32 automatic bids to the tourney and roughly half of those wouldnt be in without winning their conference. I would say winning the NIT would be about finishing 40 or so. Is it great, no but its not the worst in the world for sure.

3. comparing the NCAA/NIT tourney and college bowl games is not even close. there are 347 D1 basketball teams and only 130 bowl eligible football teams. 100 teams make the NCAA/NIT which is 34% of eligible teams. In football, there are 40 bowl games meaning 80 of the 130 make a bowl which is 61%.

Again, i'm not saying the NIT is great, but its certainly not worth all the jokes and ridicule that is given on tigernet.

If we're playing, we might as well win the thing!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts....

Mar 18, 2019, 10:06 AM

Did you read the post about what happened the last time we hosted an NIT game? We lost to a team from a school with a pro football name.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the sad thing is ———

Mar 18, 2019, 10:11 AM

There are already many of tnet hoping the Tigers lose to Wright State so they can say I told you Brownell couldn’t coach. That ain’t Clemson my friends, and if you have that attitude you aren’t close to being a clemson man!

I’ll second this reply and the OP.

Mar 18, 2019, 7:06 PM

There is a difference between constructive criticism and intentional destructive trolling.

There are a number of TNetters with dubious post history that continue to do what they do; teardown, ridicule, condescend.

I personally appreciate good discussion and humor on this forum. In my view there is deserved criticism of the results this year as well.

When it comes game time, however, remember as you lob 1’s and 0’s from behind your keyboards that real Clemson men and women support their teams and the student athletes that comprise them. That’s especially true when times are challenging.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the sad thing is ———

Mar 18, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to the sad thing is ——— ]

There are already many of tnet hoping the Tigers lose to Wright State so they can say I told you Brownell couldn’t coach. That ain’t Clemson my friends, and if you have that attitude you aren’t close to being a clemson man!

POTD!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what does that have to do with anything?

Mar 18, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts.... ]

and that joke is not that funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts.... ]

leftie said:

Did you read the post about what happened the last time we hosted an NIT game? We lost to a team from a school with a pro football name.

Like your SEC schools when they lose...we did not want to be there

Mar 18, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts.... ]

leftie said:

Still steamed about Wyoming I see. Coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been doing damage control cents last week

Mar 18, 2019, 10:19 AM

but it has not been helping.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT = Tallest Midget Competition

Mar 18, 2019, 10:24 AM

Now here is a midget racing a camel.

Snowflake Basher........Out

can always count on you and leftie for keeping it real

Mar 18, 2019, 10:32 AM

on here.

you made your point the other day when u admitted that you have been against brownell before he even started coaching here.

support the team!

I'm not sure you can call what Brownell is doing

Mar 18, 2019, 10:35 AM

"coaching".

My IPTAY donations + watching the games = supporting the team. That doesn't mean I can't dislike or be disappointed with our coaching. HTH that helps.

you show your true colors with your posting history...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:01 AM

and you really don't think brownell is that bad of a coach do you?

what he has been able to do at Clemson is not that bad. he consistently has us competing with the top of the league and on the brink of the tourney almost (notice i said almost) every year. pretty much exactly what ever other coach in Clemson history has done.

So because he has continued our historically average

Mar 18, 2019, 11:09 AM

basketball performance, that means that he is a good coach?

Also, you keep mentioning my posting history and I have no idea what you are talking about. If you want to spend your time and provide examples, go ahead. Otherwise, you are just talking out of your backside.

it'll take me a few minutes but sure...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:12 AM

on Brownell, i think he's a good coach. People like to point to our poor record with games decided by 3 points or less. Most teams dont have more than 5 games decided by 3 points or less during that time. To me, that speaks to the fact that Brownell has us competing in games against more talented teams than us. I realize that it means we dont recruit well enough, but that doesn't speak to coaching ability.

Take off the orange glasses and listen to Dabo

Mar 18, 2019, 11:18 AM

It doesn't matter if you win or lose by 1 point or by 100. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Brownell has failed to win enough games. Period. Stop making excuses for "getting close". Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I’m really disappointed in...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:15 AM [ in reply to NIT = Tallest Midget Competition ]

The camel’s performance. I expected better.

~JKB

Re: I’m really disappointed in...

Mar 18, 2019, 4:11 PM

The camel was disqualified was missing the baton handoff, but continued running anyway. I think he deserves a tnet participation trophy.

Winning the NIT means nothing

Mar 18, 2019, 10:33 AM

No one outside of the fanbase knows or cares. It's like bragging about sleeping with a fat chick.

More cushion***

Mar 18, 2019, 10:36 AM

without googling it. who are the last 3 national champions

Mar 18, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Winning the NIT means nothing ]

in basketball?

bet you cant do it. my point is, outside of their own fanbase, people dont remember the "real" champions either

Villanova has won 2 of the last 3.

Mar 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

Hopefully people aren’t forgetting us like them.

~JKB

Mar 18, 2019, 10:35 AM

There is nothing cool about winning the NIT with basically 4 starters that are seniors. If we had a bunch of freshman doing it it would matter. Tbey would be building for the future.
The NIT is disgrace otherwise and winning it is meaningless.

Celebrating winning the NIT is similar to the Coots'

Mar 18, 2019, 10:37 AM

fifth place rings.

It's not really that bad at all...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:03 AM

winning the NIT is worthy of hanging a banner. Just like all the trophies we have around the football facility showing off mid-tier bowl wins over the years. There's no shame in going out a winner.

This is participation trophy mentality***

Mar 18, 2019, 11:11 AM

Re: It's not really that bad at all...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to It's not really that bad at all... ]

Wow that is awful. We should get rid if basketball completely if we are willing to hang a NIT banner. That would be like having a parade every year for eternity for winning the Belk Bowl.

there is a huge difference between a banner and parade...

Mar 18, 2019, 11:22 AM

i can promise you this, the players would be thrilled to win the NIT.

Again, please look at all the mid-tier bowl trophies we have around. winning is winning.

Am I saying we wouldn't rather hang another sweet 16 banner over an NIT winner, no but its still a chance to go out on top for the season

Re: there is a huge difference between a banner and parade...

Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 PM

You know nothing about sports and you are dumber than dirt. I can promise you this, being friends with some of our players in the past, they think i is junk and they don't care. Only idiots like yourself think it matters. I lived with 2 of our players. The NIT is a joke. I partied and was neighbors with 2 players and we hung all summer every day. The NIT is a joke. You're an idiot.

wow, idiot?

Mar 18, 2019, 3:09 PM

I mean, I'm arguing that playing some more games is good for our team.

Sorry I didnt "party" with some of our former players and i'm not as awesome as you are.

I am of the mentality that a chance to compete is a chance to compete regardless of what level it is. It sure did look like our football players were competing awfully hard in their intramural games. I guess those games are bigger than the NIT.

Are you really trying to tell me that our players wont be fired up to play at MSG if they make it in a couple weeks?

I'll give you this, they'd be more fired up to play in the tourney. I'm not saying that at all, but competition is competition. You play to win!

Re: wow, idiot?

Mar 18, 2019, 4:56 PM

Yeah idiot was too kind. Guys like you is why we accept sucking and why everyone gets a participation trophy.

Re: there is a huge difference between a banner and parade...

Mar 18, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to there is a huge difference between a banner and parade... ]

By the way, the biggest idiot on the site gave you a thumbs up. That shows shows how stupid your post is.

Mar 18, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts.... ]

here is a good test. please raise your hand if you actually go to "any" basketball games and support the team in person or do you goobers just sit behind your keyboard and complain. pretty sure i know the answers for most of you. please, no lying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't tell if serious

Mar 18, 2019, 10:44 AM

Due to all lowercase. I do appreciate the complete dedication to posting in all of one case.

Re: Can't tell if serious

Mar 18, 2019, 11:37 AM

NO PROBLEM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: nobody's happy with being in NIT but some of these posts.... ]

I personally think the type of thinking you promote (if true) is one of the fundamental barriers for a team or program to make it to the next level and reach their ultimate potential. In fact I’m sure of it having witnessed it in school, life, sports with our own football program as the premier example.

I think it’s unfortunate that you don’t appreciate some of these basics of life. It’ll ultimately limit you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT stands for "Not In [the] Tournament"

Mar 18, 2019, 11:13 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Mar 18, 2019, 12:44 PM

I remember the days when we hoped our football team would be invited to a bowl, any bowl, even if it was at the bottom of the totem pole. Even we fans were begging the lowest tier bowls to invite us? We were not embarrassed. Unfortunately, our basketball program is at that level our football experienced for many years. If we don't like the product on the floor or the coach we have the option to remain home and, apparently, many of us chose this option during the season as well. But I think it's time to stop our griping, get a life and move on. It would make reading this board more enjoyable.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 7:10 PM

Great post, Joe! When I was at Clemson, we missed a field goal at the end of the game and lost to Duke. A lot of people on this board don't know what it is like to have a really bad football team. A true Clemson fan supports your team, regardless of how they are doing. Check your tmail, Joe.

NCAA tournament or bust - sorry***

Mar 18, 2019, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All good points — We support Clemson

Mar 18, 2019, 1:53 PM

Or we are miles or trolls.

Still there is a residual impact to average play that makes some pro-Clemson fans/alums crank up their level of protest ... reflecting their extreme anguish and annoyance. It’s the human condition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 3:12 PM

I'm giving easley a TU and not even gonna read the rest of this horse hockey...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am happy with being in the NIT.

Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 PM

And hopefully we can win it.Simply because if Brownell is going to remain our BB Coach. Then mediocrity with some type of championship is better than mediocrity without.

Go TIGERS!

I truly hope they win it all...

Mar 19, 2019, 9:45 AM

But I'm not going to pretend that it's worth bragging about.

Hey, at least we didn't have to burn up anyone's fax machine to get in this time.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic