Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 7,372

The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long)

Aug 28, 2018, 8:53 AM

This QB controversy is just the latest manifestation of a bigger problem. But it’s hard to ignore the obvious:
our coaches are just being lazy by naming Bryant the starter. Rather than put the hard work into evaluating
all the candidates, they took the easy route. “Oh, we need to name a starter? ####, let’s just plug in that
kid from last year, he did OK.” But anybody can plainly see the hippie dude is much better.

Paradoxically, the beginning of the end was on April 20, the international holiday of all hippie dudes. That’s
the day a fella bought a Clemson ink pen that wouldn’t write. As I noted at the time:

If "Best Is The Standard" then by gawd a Clemson ink pen should work. This is how complacency creeps
in and destroys elite football teams. It's like a cancer that starts small and eventually spreads throughout
the whole program. A pen doesn't work and nobody notices. Then people start slipping empty envelopes
into the New Spring offering plates. Next thing you know, the players are skipping voluntary workouts.
I guaran-damm-tee you the Bama pens work.

So, what has happened since that fateful day in April?

We got lazy on the recruiting front. Nothing but 3-stars. Not only that, but we started giving away 5-stars
to other teams. We gave Hunter Johnson to Purdue, and we made an early Christmas gift of Josh Belk… to
the freaking Lamecocks. (You know, maybe Brad Scott was a trojan horse. It took 20 years for the master plan
to come together under his son, but it's obvious that someone is undermining the program from within).

It gets worse. Now players don’t even have to transfer to another school to try to beat us. I read the
other day that a Clemson student is the starting QB for Furman. ###??? Talk about a program that is totally
out of control. I guess we shouldn’t be shocked if Big Dex suits up for FSU when we play them.

You turn on the TV this summer and Dabo is all over the place. He’s a celebrity now. I guess Oprah is
next, maybe a guest spot on The View. How about the team… surely they’re grinding it out in preparation
for another title run, right? Hardly. The only grinding I've seen are lap dances for MILFs. You know, in
between playing on their cute little swingsets and going down the slide…

You know what Bama was up to this summer? Saban did 2 weeks of training with the Navy Seals, and then
meditation in the Himalayan mountains to sharpen his mental focus. The Bama players are toting concrete
blocks up and down the stadium steps in the midday sun until they drop. If they complain about being
thirsty, they get a nice little water-boarding session, and then back to the steps.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. We just couldn’t handle success and got complacent.

==========

By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.
-- Ecclesiastes 10:18

Nor ought we to believe that there is much difference between man and man, but to think that superiority
lies with him who is reared in the severest school. -- Thucydides

==========

TL,DR: We're hosed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

This is why we can't have nice things***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:05 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long)

Aug 28, 2018, 9:08 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we gave Hunter to Northwestern not Purdue?

OMG the complacency has creeped into Tigernet now!!!***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:09 AM

I have no other option

Aug 28, 2018, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Can Purdue replace Germans as old news?***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long) ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONLY if they BOMB Pearl Harbor !!!!!!

Aug 28, 2018, 11:26 PM

!!!!

null

who cares... he'll probably end up starting the 2nd half for Furman

Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long) ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long)***

Aug 28, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: The demise of the Clemson football program has begun. (long) ]

HOF.***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 AM

@_@

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 9:16 AM

Toad Ellis...is that you ?!?!?! Bless your heart !!!!!***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Toad Ellis...is that you ?!?!?! "Purdue?"

Aug 28, 2018, 10:08 AM

I guess Toad Ellis on a bicycle is PURDUE.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:22 AM

Well, I've heard from reliable sources within the state of SC, that CLEMSON is "cycling out", while other teams in SC are "cycling in". So there's that.

I especially like the part....

Aug 28, 2018, 9:34 AM

where right after he said that, not only did his team get throttled by the Tigers again, their offense didn't cross midfield until after the 4th quarter when the coaches had pretty much cleared the bench.

Clemson's back-ups got more playing time in that game than they did against Kent State and elCid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Dabo does have a new castle with a drawbridge

Aug 28, 2018, 9:35 AM

from what I hear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When a lunger lectures us about pen)s that don't work

Aug 28, 2018, 9:38 AM

What a time to be alive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Seriously? You couldn't be more wrong.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:38 AM

Dabo's a cheerleader and never built anything. He lucked into one good QB who got lucky on some catches and accidentally beat Bama. You can't destroy something that wasn't there.

Even Jake Bentley knows that they were just as good as us the last 2 years despite the scoreboard. It's not about score.

Re: Seriously? You couldn't be more wrong.

Aug 28, 2018, 10:55 AM

What are the sarcasm indicators we are using now to separate tongue and cheek from idiocy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pssst!!

Aug 28, 2018, 2:38 PM

Look at the pulses

I didn't know all that and wish you hadn't told me.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:45 AM

Now I'm so depressed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. It's sad. But we'll always have 2016.***

Aug 28, 2018, 10:10 AM

It needed to be said - Thank You!***

Aug 28, 2018, 10:07 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 28, 2018, 10:49 AM

I actually enjoyed your post/essay.
I'm not saying I agree with much of it but took the good with the bad.
I especially liked your Ecclesilastes 10:18 quote! There is MUCH to be said for that.
While I'm assuming much of your words were"tongue in cheek", you are a talented writer.
Enjoy this and future seasons. THE Tigers will continue to reign!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'm serious. As serious as a midget in a John Holmes flick.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:38 PM

Wow

Aug 28, 2018, 11:02 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

It was fun while it lasted.

Aug 28, 2018, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 11:16 AM

Don’t forget we cheapened water too..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

This is a very accurate account of the situation

Aug 28, 2018, 11:19 AM

The only thing you forgot to mention in regards to bama is that they also have the special ability to s#@t out 5 star players to replace any current player that gets injured.

Thank you both for posting.

Aug 28, 2018, 11:24 AM

There you have it from West & Bowden...the Two Tommies playing all week!

Hunter is really at Northwestern, but I understand your

Aug 28, 2018, 1:05 PM

point, even though you probably also think the Japanese are the ones that really bombed Pearl Harbor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Jap Zeros used aftermarket parts from the German Stukas.

Aug 28, 2018, 2:05 PM

You fill in the blanks.

All those words, and no mention of Dippin' Dots?***

Aug 28, 2018, 1:34 PM

Well crap! Guess I’ll just quit enterwebbing on the tnets.

Aug 28, 2018, 2:12 PM

No sense in hanging around here anymore. Thanks for rurning my life! Oh, the humidity of it all! ??

Message was edited by: vance1059®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 2:35 PM

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl, another one......Just like the other one..........................

dude, you hosed the thread....***

Aug 28, 2018, 2:43 PM

Aug 28, 2018, 2:42 PM

dont give up your day job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, I'm not hiring. day drinking is solo work.***

Aug 28, 2018, 3:18 PM

Who would td this? Bama fans? Epic post.. hilarious!!***

Aug 28, 2018, 3:13 PM

null

Only Heller, Orwell or maybe Danny Ford & his Hemp Machine

Aug 28, 2018, 10:36 PM

could have layed it out there as well as you Pink ... the lunatic is on the grass ... thank you for that refreshing post brother ...

Replies: 41
| visibility 7,372
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic