Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just faxed this off to the Philadelpia Inquirer and the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,024

Just faxed this off to the Philadelpia Inquirer and the

Oct 13, 2006, 3:00 PM

Temple Athletic Dept.

Dear Sir:

As a forty eight year old citizen I have become inured to the possibility of ever being amazed. We live in a society of self gratification that rivals even those of the hedonistic Greeks of Alexander's era. Modern athletes, making more money in one game than the average person makes in one year, shirk the opportunity to be uplifting role models for their younger fans. Daily, we are bombarded with stories of athletes in all sports who indulge themselves in whatever personal pursuit strikes their fancy. They abuse their spouses, their teammates, even drugs. They insult the media, the fans, and their opponents to extremes that were unimaginable even ten years ago. It is a never ending cycle of seeing who can be the most inflammatory entity covered by the media. It happens so much, that when we hear about a new way to astound the fans, we just think.........blah, blah, blah what's he or she done this time.

So, believe me when I say, I was truly amazed when I heard on the radio riding home from the Clemson versus Temple game that the Temple team had voted unanimously to donate their per diem allowances to the Ray Ray Macalrathbey trust fund for the care of his younger brother. Knowing full well that many of these players probably have need of those funds in their own right, it was incredible to hear of their decision. What a great and refreshing statement of love for humanity. I can only hope that these players will receive the local and national recognition they deserve. They certainly occupy an honored place in the hearts of all Clemson fans who heard of their deed last night.

Please express to them, my heartfelt respect and admiration. I will long remember it over the events of the game.

Sincerely,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said, Thank You!*****

Oct 13, 2006, 3:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent letter! Thank you for putting it so well.***

Oct 13, 2006, 3:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would like Phila. email address

Oct 13, 2006, 3:06 PM

I am out of the country however I read about this...I think it shows they are a class act, and the students and alumni, friends of the school, etc should be very proud of them...could you get maybe an email on the Phil. paper and Tmail to me? I want to express my gratitude and admiration for them and their staff, and wish them good luck the rest of the way....

Re: Would like Phila. email address

Oct 13, 2006, 3:20 PM

Temple Athletic Director....

Bill.Bradshaw@Temple.edu

Great letter. The people of Phili should be able to relate

Oct 13, 2006, 3:32 PM

with the opening statements about self-gratifying athletes, since that had to deal with terrel owens during his seasons with the eagles.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic