»
Topic: Zion’s NBA future
Replies: 13   Last Post: Jan 21, 2018 6:54 AM by: Tiger5
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

Zion’s NBA future

[1]
Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:49 PM

Really isn’t all that bright. He stands out in a crowd of 5’6 white kids bc he is the best dunker in the country. But in all honesty he can’t shoot, has tweener size and would be lucky to find a niche in the NBA. Don’t get me wrong he’s a freak athlete but I see him sliding in the draft once teams realize he has 1 dimension

Re: Zion’s NBA future

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:55 PM

It's going to be weird for him in some respects at Duke. I think they'll try to use him as a small 5, kind of like what the warriors do in their small lineup with Draymond Green.

I believe you are very wrong.***

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:57 PM

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: I believe you are very wrong.***

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:59 PM

Ok let’s hear it Phil Forde

You're mad. End of story.***

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:27 PM

2018 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.

I think he'll be fine in the NBA

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:01 PM

The guy is a beast with his vertical jump for dunking and shot blocking. He's not much shorter than LeBron and he's done ok. I think he'll actually do better in the NBA than Duke. I don't seem him fitting in too well with Coach K's team offense as he is used to being a one man show.

You wouldn't have that opinion if he committed to Clemson.***

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:26 PM

2018 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.

Do you not recognize coots yet?***

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 6:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:31 PM

Yeah .... that one dimension ....scoring. He reminds me of Larry Johnson that played at UNLV and a a fine NBA career.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 12:23 AM

LJ was a darn good shooter on top of the athleticism and size. To me LJ was a big small forward. I know he played power forward because of his size and power but at 6 ft 7 that isn't typical power forward height. I'm not sure Zion is LJ or Barkley for that matter. I think both of those guys were better shooters and the verdict on Zion will be once he plays with guys his size and bigger (all around him). I don't believe the college game has the bulk it once had (straight to the NBA and 1 & done has, imo, thinned out that aspect for the majority at the collegiate level), so we won't see the answer until he gets to the pros.

2018 white level member

He has more than one dimension...

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 11:42 PM

All you see is the power dunks in highlights, but his court vision and defensive instincts stand out to me.

Re: He has more than one dimension...

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 12:47 AM

Defensive instincts as in jumping the passing lane between two 5’6 white kids who lob it to one another? Yeah I can see that

Who cares?***

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 12:50 AM

Re: Who cares?***

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 1:12 AM

Cool bro

Replies: 13  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling two tickets for the season. Upper deck, last year TDH row AA. $1300 for the pair . 1/2 due...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1996 people have read this post