Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoever puts credence in the "crystal ball" recruit trackers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,844

Whoever puts credence in the "crystal ball" recruit trackers

Sep 19, 2018, 10:59 AM

should stop. The "experts" on those sites and elsewhere are welcome to share their opinions, but it is misleading when they act like they have inside intel when they clearly don't.

For reference the crystal ball predictions had him 88% to Duke until this past weekend, at which time Josiah stated that he had made his decision and was canceling his Duke visit. As of yesterday, 92% had him going to Clemson with the rest to Duke. Tennessee wasn't on anyone's radar - at least none of the people "in the know."

I get it, we all enjoy recruiting, but it's a waste of time tracking recruits and their whims, relying on "experts" to tell us where they might go.

Sorry for Brad and his staff. I know they recruited Josiah very hard. It stinks to narrowly miss out on him, and other recent five stars like Zion. I know we'll start landing some of these guys soon though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Whoever puts credence in the "crystal ball" recruit trackers

Sep 19, 2018, 11:02 AM

they all made the exact same assumption we did. Had they done their Homework they would have known Tennessee had a shot over us with Rick Barnes. he did not get to where he is by being nice on the recruiting trail.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, I expressed concern about Tennessee the other day.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:15 PM

Nobody was giving them a chance, but Rick is a solid recruiter and Josiah enjoyed his visit there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

seems like a very reliable formula...

Sep 19, 2018, 11:04 AM

kind of like BMI. The logic of squaring one's height and dividing it by weight seems like an excellent standard for our nation to determine health.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 11:05 AM

I think BB needs one more season like last year to really start getting the big boys' attention. I really thought James was ours...his picking Tennessee is extremely disappointing. But we're right there...right at the door. Two seasons back to back like last year is what will get us over the hump with these big name 5-star guys (IMO).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree JK!! You nailed it! 92% should mean done deal.

Sep 19, 2018, 11:11 AM

Now seriously though what are some things that could make a kid change his mind from those kind of odds down the homestretch. I can understand Duke and their tradition making the steal but Tennessee? One reason why I hate college basketball when it comes to recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 11:18 AM

These are the same type of people that said Trump would never be President and it turns out they did have inside information and were still wrong. Sorry, this is not meant to be political commentary, just using that as an example of how wrong "experts" can be. It ain't over 'til it's over.

Sep 19, 2018, 11:23 AM

Your totally right, it’s just a bunch of nobodies sitting around making complete guesses, but apparently we’re supposed to think of these guys as “Experts”. The truth is you really don’t know until, he makes his decision.

Sep 19, 2018, 11:42 AM

No they won't start getting any soon enough. That's the same song I've heard for years. Even when we have the a top 4 acc team and go deep in the NCAA ... We still can't recruit. At the end of the day I see one thing that separates Clemson from the rest of those schools. Sure u can say Tennessee has some history, but the last 4 years they sucked. Fired their coach over it. Yet we lose recruits to them still. How bc of MONEY!!! As reported last year with the FBI tons of money scandles going around to get these guys on campuses. The coaches may not know about them but the boosters do. Clemson does not have deep pockets in basketball. Plain and simple.

Tennessee basketball doesn't have to compete with a football

Sep 19, 2018, 2:19 PM

powerhouse across the street like we do. Like it or not, the perception has been that Clemson cares mostly about football. That isn't true in the past few years, but historically it has been, and that's been used against us in recruiting.

Thankfully, Brad is overcoming that with good facilities and on-court success. It definitely takes time to change perceptions though. Simply being in the mix for 5 star players shows progress. It was the same way in football - we didn't actually sign those 5 star guys at first, but once we got Spiller, things changed. The same will happen in basketball.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,844
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic