Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who agrees with Uncle Lou ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Who agrees with Uncle Lou ?

May 27, 2018, 4:12 AM

https://youtu.be/_edyd74DN8M?t=10m2s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Who agrees with Uncle Lou ?

May 27, 2018, 4:15 AM

Starting at around the 10:01 minute mark he reveals why he thinks TL is the guy we should start this year … maybe not in the first week … but he feels TL is the guy that can win it all for us and not KB .

Keep in mind , I am not a KB hater or a TL pusher … but just looking for some feedback on this subject for the umpteenth time .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 27, 2018, 11:30 PM

You get no feedback from me on this subject for now but I just thought I'd mention that umpteen is my favorite number.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really wanted to see

May 27, 2018, 5:45 AM

Johnson play more last year, the WF game being a example. KB is a very good QB, HJ could have been great and TL WILL be great. I just don't want to see another Bama game to prove our QB is very good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Really wanted to see

May 27, 2018, 12:31 PM

Yes , I felt the same way . Trust this staff as they've earned it … but I in my selfish seat in the stands wanted to see a couple of split games between KB and HJ .

DB23

May 27, 2018, 6:44 AM

Fair assessment in my opinion. Could def see things shaking out as he described.

Message was edited by: BicentennialTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you well know

May 27, 2018, 7:20 AM

I am against bashing Kelly Bryant or any of our other players that gives us the best they can. Kelly B did a great job last year. Many predicted that he would be the second coming of Cole Stoudt and I stated before the season that would not be the case. He even did better than I expected. I also believe that Kelly B was our best option at the time even though Hunter has a higher ceiling. Contrary to what some think the coaches played the right guy last year. That’s my opinion based on some of what I saw in HJ from a composure standpoint (I can’t specifically remember which game) and based on interviews with our defensive players coming out of practice. I do think HJ passed KB in the spring based on what little we saw.

I believe that Lou’s assessment is pretty much spot on. Bryant is good but he’s not elite. TL is elite and I agree with Lou. TL is the best QB I have ever seen coming out of high school. His arm talent is phenomenal and I believe he is really going to surprise some people with his running ability. If we want to win it all I believe TL will give us our best chance to do so based on what I’ve seen.

BTW my posts in the past defending KB were never meant to be an opinion on who the best QB in Clemson is. Some people thought that because they don’t take the time to read things in their entirety. Kelly B does however deserve love and respect from our fans and some of the things I’ve seen and heard are not very gracious towards him or our staff. Our tigers have given us a lot to be proud of lately and they deserve better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As you well know

May 27, 2018, 8:49 AM

Any QB that demolishes the opponent in our conference c'ship game and leads us to the playoffs in his first year as a starter deserves our love and respect.
KB deserves to start our opener but AFTER THAT it is GAME ON!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nail meet Hammer

May 27, 2018, 7:42 AM

He pretty much sums it up.

We could surely do worse than KB, and I never thought he'd be the starting QB at Clemson/ Not only did KB start last year but he also played better than I thought he would. He's likely going to improve this season too. So, I'm not going to bash him because I appreciate his game how he carries himself, but I tend to agree with Uncle Lou. If Clemson is going to win a national championship this year we need a consistent downfield passing attack.

I don't think we can beat Alabama with KB playing the entire game at QB. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't think KB, our OL, and a predictable offense can beat 'Bama when it matters.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nail meet Hammer

May 27, 2018, 2:10 PM

Opposing D's have a year of film to study KB-consider this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Lawrence will eventually be the starter, but

May 27, 2018, 7:57 AM

you have to remember Bryant in his first year was 12-2, conference champ, and led team to a number 1 ranking at end of regular season. Remember he started the ACC Championship game 14 of 14 passing, or maybe 15 of 15 and had 2 rushing touchdowns at the time of being perfect for throwing the ball. Also Bryant was actually 12-1. You can't really put the Syracuse loss on him. He should not have played and didn't play very long in that game. Therefore, in his first year as a starter he was 12-1 with his only loss being to the eventual national champ Alabama. If memory serves me, he was running for his life much of that game and there were at least a couple of drops that could have made things more interesting.

I do think if Bryant plays like he did in the Spring Game, then Lawrence will take over sooner rather than later.

Re: I think Lawrence will eventually be the starter, but

May 27, 2018, 8:56 AM

Kudos to Clemson 81-85!
One of the best and most accurate post I've read in quite some time.
Wish I could add more Thumbs up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only thing I disagree with is

May 27, 2018, 8:30 AM

at one point he called our 2018 schedule a joke. Typical SEC mentality that our conference games can't be tough in addition to our out of conference. I don't see how any schedule that has road games at Florida State, Texas AM, and Boston College, then home games vs NC State and Louisville. I guarantee you BC was a better team than Tennessee, Florida, or South Carolina last year and will be this year. Georgia is actually the team everyone is talking about having a joke schedule and they would tell you that South Carolina is one of the potential tough bumps in their schedule. I don't think South Carolina has been one of the top-11 toughest games on our schedule the last two years. 56-7 and 34-10 were both a whole lot easier than any ACC games we played.

He does qualify his schedule remark the very next sentence when he says we are so loaded that we should not have a tough time with most teams on our schedule.

But he is spot on about our QB situation. That was an excellent analysis.

Re: Only thing I disagree with is

May 27, 2018, 12:36 PM

Our schedule is bad. Ncst and Louisville lost a lot of starters and their BEST starters at that. BC will be improved but it’s BC. A&M will be 8-4 at best. FSU will determine if we have a juggernaut on the schedule or not. The rest we will hammer

Re: Only thing I disagree with is

May 27, 2018, 12:41 PM

Would you then agree that we should've "hammered " Syracuse and Pitt over the last two years also ? The ACC has some parody these days , and the top is thin but the middle and lower tiered teams are usually capable of beating us if we underperform .

DB23

Lou would be more credible if he got his facts straight

May 27, 2018, 8:53 AM

At first he said Clemson really didn't play any elite
defenses last year (about 7 min in) except Auburn and
Alabama, SEC of course. Define elite. VT, GT, FSU, Auburn,
and Alabama all finished the season top 25 in total defense.
Alabama had the same 14 points and about 300 yards offense vs
Auburn as we did, while we had 7 more points and about 100
more yards vs FSU than they did.

Then he said Alabama and Clemson had the same amount of time
to prepare for the Sugar Bowl (about 9 min in) since the ACC
and SEC championship games were on the same day. Guess he
forgot Bama didn't play in the SECCG. Still not an excuse for
us, but get your facts straight. Just that Alabama had a bad
game against Auburn and we had a bad game with some bad breaks
against Alabama. Hope to even it up this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Big 'G' on his wall give him away.

May 27, 2018, 8:58 AM

It stands for 'Goober'.

Re: Lou would be more credible if he got his facts straight

May 27, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Lou would be more credible if he got his facts straight ]

You gotta look past his SEC homerism and it's a pretty square assessment of our QB performance from a year ago , and what we could expect this year if things shake out the way a lot of pundits assume that it will .

DB23

May 27, 2018, 9:06 AM

I agree with just about every thing goober said I just hate it that some one from gubberville is the one to analyze it

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic