Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whether Tua is in or Out Should Not Matter in Their Record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,638

Whether Tua is in or Out Should Not Matter in Their Record

Oct 22, 2019, 3:56 PM

A Team is the sum of it's parts and Dabo has built a true "team" not just 25 superstar starters. Tough nutz Bama or anyone else if you lose a key player. There should be no Mulligan if you are truly evaluating a Team's worthiness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a 1 loss alabama team is automatically in

Oct 22, 2019, 3:57 PM

it's written down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if they lost to Arky?***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's true at all.

Oct 22, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to a 1 loss alabama team is automatically in ]

If Bama loses, and LSU,Clemson,OH ST, and OK are undefeated they will NOT be in the CFP.

An undefeated P5 conference champ will not be left out in favor of a 1 loss team (especially one that didn't win it's conference).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think that's true at all.

Oct 22, 2019, 9:03 PM

If Bama loses, and LSU,Clemson,OH ST, and OK are undefeated they will NOT be in the CFP.

An undefeated P5 conference champ will not be left out in favor of a 1 loss team (especially one that didn't win it's conference).

People do not understand this! Everyone goes back to 2017 when Bama didn't win their own division let alone their conference. But, in that year Georgia despite one loss, won the SEC. Wisconsin - pulled a "badgering" and lost to Ohio St in the Big 10 Championship game. This nuance is what keeps getting missed by people!
Had Wisconsin won we would have likely been playing Georgia or Wisconsin in 2017 1st round.

So you had - ACC champ. SEC champ. Big 12 champ. SEC 2nd best team. W/O the dramatic loss by the Badgers Bama does not get in.

Georgia, LSU or Bama - sorry SEC homers - two will be left out if ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 have undefeated champs. Perception be ###### when talking about what criteria has been said to hold the most weight. In fact, due to that year the committee has had to re-assure conference championship was key in their decision making process!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sum of it's parts

Oct 22, 2019, 9:09 PM

Football is the ultimate team sport. But, media types who likely never played past grey-y try to make it: QB vs QB starts! Like a boxing match! Right now, Trevor Lawrence isn't playing the best QB in the country and they are making the entire Clemson team pay for it.

Tua being out should not make or break bama. I don't think it will - his brother is also really good. And supposedly runs better.
They beat everyone in the SEC by 29.1 ppg last year and the analyst/experts proclaimed them the best ever b/c of it. B/C if you can dominate SEC competition like that - you have to be right. These clowns still don't get how "over-hyped the SEC is". Lots of talent for sure. Recruiting rankings will tell you that. But, Clemson has had lower recruiting classes than all the contenders the last few years and have been whipping them! It takes more to be a good team than a collection of talent.

So - will it change their perception of bama if they lose with Tua out. It shouldn't; but maybe! Some who get it and are real football heads will not allow it to be an excuse to lose this ultimate team sport!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true, however bama plays in the $ec, it just means more.***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree

Oct 22, 2019, 4:04 PM

I don't think injuries should be considered at all.

Yeah it sucks but that's football and everyone has to deal with injuries. Other teams should not be punished because a player gets injured.

Like for instance why should a 1 loss Penn State or something be negatively impacted because a player on another team got hurt?

If I'm not mistaken

Oct 22, 2019, 4:04 PM

Didn't we argue for records not to count when we lost to Syracuse because we lost Bryant?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that should only ever come into play

Oct 22, 2019, 4:11 PM

When comparing teams that *ALSO* have a loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the biggest arguments were over why Zerrick...

Oct 22, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to If I'm not mistaken ]

...Cooper came in vs Hunter Johnson in relief. A sub-argument was why was KB playing in the first place cause he was already injured.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I think the biggest arguments were over why Zerrick...

Oct 22, 2019, 8:40 PM

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

As fans we wanted to know why the guy who was prepped to start got the rug pulled out because a crippled guy "felt good". When the guy who was supposed to start came in in relief, he had no mental warmup.

Then because SYR controlled the clock, our coaches never made the next progression in going to HJ, the intended relief guy if Zerrick struggled.

I felt like Dabo had a plan, then scrapped it when KB said he didn't want to miss the start. It cost us the game.

But hey, Dabo learned not to hitch his wagon to an underperforming QB, which sure helped in 2018.

Thanks, Dabo!

At no point did i or most Clemson fans suggest that our loss should not be held against us; only that it should not be held farther against us than other teams' losses. Only 3 conference champs survived the CCGs that year with 1 loss or fewer. There was never any question as to our making the playoff. We were the #1 seed and defending national champs.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,638
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic