Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We haven't looked too impressive so far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,298

We haven't looked too impressive so far

Nov 14, 2018, 7:55 PM

The D definitely needs to step up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the weather's affecting our basketball team...

Nov 14, 2018, 8:01 PM

they've been ice-cold.....

Thank goodness SHSt hasn't had much offense either. But they have been better on the boards than they should have been against the Tigers.....you can tell ELi was still suffering from the inactivity of having the flu the last week or so and not practicing

Marcquise and Shelton need to get it cranked up from the outside in the 2nd half

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We haven't looked too impressive so far

Nov 14, 2018, 8:19 PM

They definitely need to stop turning the ball over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven’t seen much impressive in any

Nov 14, 2018, 8:23 PM

Re: I haven’t seen much impressive in any

Nov 15, 2018, 12:10 AM

We need to fire our Offensive Coordinators...wait....wrong sport, nevermind.??

Nov 14, 2018, 8:26 PM

Sam Houston State is pretty good team. Expected to win their conference. Lost a close one to a pretty good Louisiana Lafeyyette who beat Witchita State the other day. We need a healthy Eli Thomas.

Nov 14, 2018, 8:46 PM

Marquis Reed with 22 so far

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reed pretty much put the game on his shoulders

Nov 14, 2018, 8:50 PM

Brownell's "offense" doesn't seem to match our players

Nov 15, 2018, 8:41 AM

First, I hate what he calls an offense...I call it 'keep away & jack it up' for the most part. The poor spacing of the players tends to put 4 guys on one side of the court and when the 3 ball goes up, that only leaves 1 to rebound and that has always been a weak part of Clemson BB under Brownell. The speed guys aren't getting any screens, no pick/roll guys and post players are limited athletically to create much on back to back opportunities. Still early---hopefully Simms and Skara will continue to keep chipping in 8-10 a game each to help out.

Re: Brownell's "offense" doesn't seem to match our players

Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 AM

well well the great coachmac is back telling us all how basketball should be coached. i still can not for the life of me figure out how you are not in the nba. what i really cant figure out is how you are allowed to trash our coaches on this site. mind boggling really.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't figure out how you get access to computer

Nov 15, 2018, 11:18 AM

from the nut house & type from a straight jacket. Far as I can tell, YOU are the only trash that needs to be taken out. Just because you can't understand basic facts doesn't mean others can't see it or wish for other options. Go drool on somebody else and quit perfecting the art of being such a tool.

We have been very limited by absences so far.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:07 AM

We have had a lot of obstacles to overcome, with injuries/illness affecting multiple players:

-Thomas
-William
-Jemison

Plus, we had Skara return well into the summer session, meaning that he missed valuable spring workouts. Also, A.J. Oliver transferred this fall at the last minute.

As a result of all of this, we have only had 8-9 players in practice most of the fall and summer. Not being able to go 5 on 5 in practice has made things very difficult.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point, given the above challenges and the fact that we are only 3 games into the season. We'll be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 15, 2018, 11:13 AM

I think I saw the same type of post on the football board after the first 3 games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic