Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt Deptula said the reason Trevor Lawrence misses his deep balls sometimes is because?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Walt Deptula said the reason Trevor Lawrence misses his deep balls sometimes is because?

Nov 15, 2018, 6:03 PM

He’s trying to get rid of it to fast. Instead of waiting long enough for his receivers to be able to get under it... that’s what Walt said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt Deptula said the reason Trevor Lawrence misses his deep balls sometimes is because?

Nov 15, 2018, 6:05 PM

So he needs to get rid of it fast but take a little mustard off of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt Deptula said the reason Trevor Lawrence misses his deep balls sometimes is because?

Nov 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

IMO he could put a little more air under it vs getting it out slower. Trevor is still learning and getting used to feeling the pressure and determining where it’s coming from. I’d personally like to see him roll out a little more when throwing the deep ball to the boundaries.

Most of it, again imo it TA ain’t blocking good as he should. Or get the boy some help when he’s got an nfl line to block.

As for BC, the cold and windy conditions threw him off and it’s more evident on deep balls.

I still want to know (or hoping we saving it for the playoffs), when we’re going to trust one of our TE’s to bust it down the middle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he needs is a little time with Tajh Boyd

Nov 15, 2018, 8:51 PM

He had a great touch.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt Deptula said the reason Trevor Lawrence misses his deep balls sometimes is because? ]

I think he's working on putting more air under them. It was noticeable in the BC game he was trying to put them up there with a higher trajectory imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's putting it where only our guys can get it

Nov 15, 2018, 6:18 PM

need to run a bit faster, that's all

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's putting it where only our guys can get it

Nov 16, 2018, 6:12 AM

FIRE BATSON!

Nov 15, 2018, 6:21 PM

At times, it has appeared that is exactly what he has done, but not every time. Some times I think that he doesn't realize how strong his arm really is, and he see's a receiver 30/35 yards down field and he puts to much arm in it, and I'm sure that most has seen the zip he puts on the ball even with the shorter routes. In HS he had more time and his receivers were way down field and he was able to just sling it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt is full of ####.***

Nov 15, 2018, 7:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 8:25 PM

My theory is that it is just adrenaline. He is young playing on a huge stage. That's my thoughts every time he does it. What is odd is that Chase Brice does not seem to have that issue, and does not need to warm up missing a few attempts. Boyd used to miss a lot early in games, and I think it was similar.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:31 PM

Chase is a year older, and has been through a season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 3:13 AM

Well, there is less chance of a pic if you are missing long instead of short. Ha.

Walt doesn't know his ask from a whole in the ground.***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's gonna go deep on the coots. Real deep.***

Nov 15, 2018, 9:41 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic