Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump still has time to make
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Trump still has time to make

Dec 4, 2020, 10:28 AM

coal great again. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courierpress.com/amp/3811727001

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump still has time to make

Dec 4, 2020, 10:32 AM

https://www.kpvi.com/news/regional_news/owner-of-decker-coal-mine-files-for-bankruptcy-reduces-workforce/article_ff29b6ba-d2ea-5980-8501-f4c9ed5c1feb.html

Dec 4, 2020, 10:37 AM

That's crazy. I really thought he was going to turn the coal industry around. Well he can't keep all of his major promises. I am just glad Mexico paid for our wall.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

You know he added nine miles of new wall and repaired over 400 miles of existing wall. Con job!

Dec 4, 2020, 10:42 AM

Mexico paid for it I am sure.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump still has time to make ]

These guys were in bankruptcy a few years ago and then beginning of November 2020 announced that they are probably headed to bankruptcy again. Have no fear, Trump will save them.
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1752EZ

maybe we can create a Holiday

Dec 4, 2020, 10:39 AM

where everyone buys a metric ton of raw coal and sets it on fire in their front yard. It is creative solutions like this that save American jobs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that just called Christmas?***

Dec 4, 2020, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: maybe we can create a Holiday

Dec 4, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to maybe we can create a Holiday ]

burning coal instead of Xmas lights !!

Re: maybe we can create a Holiday

Dec 4, 2020, 12:33 PM

my understanding is that coal is so awesome, everyone would want a big pile of it slowly burning in their front yard? It is safe, clean, and makes pretty colors.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 10:47 AM

Uno mas .......

https://woub.org/2020/12/03/blackjewel-coal-moves-to-liquidate-leaving-millions-unpaid-to-workers-and-regulators/

Dec 4, 2020, 11:28 AM

GE a few years ago came out with a generator that used coal emissions to turn another generator and the output of that generator was mostly clean. I am guessing that could hurt GE as well as other companies.

He didn't. Libs spent decades making coal the least

Dec 4, 2020, 10:50 AM

profitable form of generating electricity. Still, they persevered in a good economy. But with covid, coal jobs will be the first to go. They have the greatest overhead in scrubbing emissions, etc. As consumption shrinks, the first jobs to go are the least profitable. Doesn't matter the industry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He didn't. Libs spent decades making coal the least

Dec 4, 2020, 11:02 AM

So will all the coal jobs return in a couple of years?

Depends on electricity demand.

Dec 4, 2020, 11:12 AM

If they're running on the margins to begin with, and demand tanks, who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coal is most valuable, I think, to the steel industry.

Dec 4, 2020, 11:36 AM

If there's a fault in the coal business it's the competition with other forms of energy production coupled with regulations, as you said, on the coal industry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He didn't. Libs spent decades making coal the least

Dec 5, 2020, 4:15 AM [ in reply to He didn't. Libs spent decades making coal the least ]

Tiggity® said:

profitable form of generating electricity. Still, they persevered in a good economy. But with covid, coal jobs will be the first to go. They have the greatest overhead in scrubbing emissions, etc. As consumption shrinks, the first jobs to go are the least profitable. Doesn't matter the industry.

Maybe you didn't know that the majority of underground coal miners develop black lung disease from coal dust. You probably didn't know that people that live near the lakes (that cool the coal power plant condensers) are repeatedly warned not to eat the fish from the lakes, due to the mercury in the stack exhaust that falls into the water. You probably didn't know that a lot of those lakes are sources of drinking water for many millions (perhaps your family, too?). You probably didn't know that mercury in water and in the air leads to brain development issues for children.
I hope you don't live near a big coal-burning plant. Scrubbers do catch some of the mercury, at a significantly-higher operating cost, but not enough of the mercury.
And the coal ash pollutes the ground water, and with heavy rains, the coal ash pollutes the lakes with mercury and a slurry of other poisons.
Fortunately, natural gas is much cheaper, cleaner, and better for the air and water. So burning coal is totally economically stupid, except for areas wo gas service. (Although better, burning NGas is leading to global warming and will need to be phased-out.)

The con-artist better known as TheRump knew all of this in 2016, about coal, but his song and dance about bringing-back coal got him millions of votes from people that have breathed too much coal dust and eaten too many fish with mercury.
Please give deeply to the TrumpPAC. He still owes $200 million to the Russian mob for his 2016 election loans. Lord knows that he would look even more stupid in concrete boots in the Volga River.

Coal is gone. Sorry. The best thing we can do

Dec 4, 2020, 11:09 AM

as a nation is move on from coal and move to nuclear if we aren't going to go straight to renewable.

But first there needs to be an infrastructure bill that gets us there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Coal is gone. Sorry. The best thing we can do

Dec 4, 2020, 12:13 PM

I would prefer to see natural gas serve as the energy bridge to renewables, if you don't mind.

Either one is going to need a massive infrastructure

Dec 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

overhaul from the legislature.

Which I think has both sides supporting. Don't know why Trump didn't push that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Dec 4, 2020, 12:46 PM

https://youtu.be/1n57WBtvtC4

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will I put in xmas stockings now?

Dec 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

Wind turbine or solar panel won't fit.

Re: What will I put in xmas stockings now?

Dec 4, 2020, 8:02 PM

A couple years from now all of us will be happy to have a hydrogen fuel cell in our Christmas stockings. Or a couple shares of PLUG Power stock.

Dec 4, 2020, 8:31 PM

For ground floor of hydrogen look at

PLUG
BLDP
CPWHF

If you’re ready to roll the dice, short NKLA.

Dec 4, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to What will I put in xmas stockings now? ]

How about some change. If you have any left over after the next 4 yrs.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:55 PM

Are you banking on trumps second term?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic