Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields

Oct 20, 2017, 6:48 AM

After watching Fields last night, the main thing I took away was that he's more of an athlete than passer. I'm sure he'll be great at the next level because of his athleticism, but he is no where close to the passer that Lawrence is. Anyone else get that vibe?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Not even close in my opinion."Popcorn" Kirb will agree***

Oct 20, 2017, 6:52 AM

So he's lamar Jackson 2***

Oct 20, 2017, 6:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So he's lamar Jackson 2***

Oct 20, 2017, 6:55 AM

Now he's not that athletic. Field's is not near as quick as jackson

Oct 20, 2017, 7:01 AM

TL is more accurate as a passer but JF could be more like Cam Newton IM0 but haven't seen him play but a couple of times.

Oct 20, 2017, 7:10 AM

Yeah he definitely reminds me of a smaller version of Cam Newton. Heck of an athlete, average passer.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:18 AM

To me he seems just like Deondre Francois, maybe just not as good of a passer yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields

Oct 20, 2017, 7:39 AM

No comparison. ..that's why Smart ### Kirby was recruiting Lawrence harder 1st.

Oct 20, 2017, 7:45 AM

Yeah I remember hearing Lawrence was #1 qb on their prospect list (how could he not be)

UGA never had an interest in Trevor

Oct 20, 2017, 7:47 AM

Signed,

superdawg51

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Clemson & Georgia were his final two choices...

Oct 20, 2017, 7:50 AM

they were recruiting him hard (hence why they were in his top 2 schools)

Why did you feed the troll.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:25 AM

Now he will never go away.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Oct 20, 2017, 7:53 AM

He's got a big arm ( Fields ) and can run really well ...though he takes a lot of hits instead of sliding or running out of bounds .
That next level will probably be coached up to not do that as much , take what the defense gives you and stuff.
Lawrence is very accurate , highly field aware and a better runner than I think most are aware . His passing ability sets him apart , and he has arm strength in spades . Always looking to go downfield , he surveys the defense pretty well .
In my estimation ( removes orange shades..) TLaw is the better quarterback in 3 of the 4 " importance factors " when the experts talk about top level QB's . Not a knock on Fields , I think he is a fine QB ...just feel like when you watch the two kids that Lawrence is on another level .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 20, 2017, 7:53 AM

He's got a big arm ( Fields ) and can run really well ...though he takes a lot of hits instead of sliding or running out of bounds .
That next level will probably be coached up to not do that as much , take what the defense gives you and stuff.
Lawrence is very accurate , highly field aware and a better runner than I think most are aware . His passing ability sets him apart , and he has arm strength in spades . Always looking to go downfield , he surveys the defense pretty well .
In my estimation ( removes orange shades..) TLaw is the better quarterback in 3 of the 4 " importance factors " when the experts talk about top level QB's . Not a knock on Fields , I think he is a fine QB ...just feel like when you watch the two kids that Lawrence is on another level .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 20, 2017, 8:01 AM

Completely agree. When you watch Trev throw the ball he's just on a different level than any other recruit in the class. Even NFL scouts are saying he already has a better arm than a lot of guys in the League

Oct 20, 2017, 8:03 AM

Heard the same chatter ...and after watching guys like Blake Bortles , Ryan Fitzpatrick and Teddy Bridgewater in the NFL ...I agree .

DB23

Oct 20, 2017, 8:15 AM

He is another Hines Ward or DJ Shockley and may never see the field as a UGA QB. Those guys were great athletes, but not what UGA was looking for at the time . I still don't know what kind of offense that Kirby is looking for, but I'll bet it is the traditional pro set that many of the SEC teams run. I guess we will see!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 8:21 AM

Yeah he Fields really doesn't seem like the pro-style qb..time will tell!

Oct 20, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Justin Fields ]

I’m almost certain Kirby is wanting to transition to the spread since that is the only offense style that can beat Alabama...:

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I wouldn't trade Lawrence for Fields if that's what you're asking.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:15 AM

Not even close

Re: I wouldn't trade Lawrence for Fields if that's what you're asking.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:22 AM

Oh i'd never want that. I think Trev is going to be next level. I was just curious to what people thought about his performance last night before he broke his finger

Re: I wouldn't trade Lawrence for Fields if that's what you're asking.

Oct 20, 2017, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't trade Lawrence for Fields if that's what you're asking. ]

We got the better of the 2. I see Fields as more like Kelly Bryant who is more a runner than a passing QB. That type QB is much more prone to injury than one like Lawrence. Lawrence is a tactician, and a game manager. When I watch him, I am amazed at his poise and field awareness. We got the better of the 2, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right there with ya

Oct 20, 2017, 8:47 AM

Completely agree. And some people don't realize Lawrence's athletic ability (4.7 40). I can't imagine seeing Lawrence once he puts on 20-30 lbs in college

Re: Right there with ya

Nov 19, 2017, 9:24 PM

This! We will thrive with him, and he will have so many successes with all the talent we have for him to throw "dart's to. This is going to be so fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2017, 9:53 AM

Fields is a big kid that can run, but he has a ways to go as a passer. He does remind me of Kelly Bryant at that age with his run first mentality. The ESPN guy compared him to DW4 and I for one just do not see that type of ability. I'm with you guys, I believe we have the better QB committed!

I don't think either of us will be disappointed in our QB

Oct 20, 2017, 10:11 AM

UGA is getting a good one. Clemson is getting a good one.

I'm disappointed that Fields got hurt. Harrison is playing our local high school next weekend and I wanted to see him.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:26 AM

He didn't get an offer from us, Bama, or tOSU. That should tell you everything you need to know. He will be a good QB but not a generational talent like TLaw can potentially be, otherwise he would have offers from the top 3 programs at the moment.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

Yeah agreed. The only negatives iv read about Fields are some passing issues

Oct 20, 2017, 11:30 AM

Seems to me he's a TE playin' QB.

Oct 20, 2017, 11:42 AM

All I have to say is with TL's arm strength, our receivers better be in shape, cause he can fling it.

Line up, sprint to the end zone, the ball will be there.

Justin Fields - how the hell does he get ANY playing time

Oct 20, 2017, 1:29 PM

with what GA already has at QB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic