Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This didn't age well.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

This didn't age well.

Jan 22, 2019, 5:56 PM

Paper Tigers...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/college-sports/2019/01/101428/clemson-espns-paper-tiger

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I think about half of those OSU studs played in the 31 to

Jan 22, 2019, 6:27 PM

Zip game...and no, I do not mean the Akron Zips....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This didn't age well.

Jan 22, 2019, 6:31 PM

Bahahaha

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Effin Inbred Ohio Idiots....Working Up There I Get to Live

Jan 22, 2019, 6:34 PM

Their stupid all year. They are as delusional and three times as numerous as dirty coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!

Jan 22, 2019, 6:35 PM

What a great find! I read it twice and may read it again once I stop giggling so dang much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 6:35 PM

The guy even doubled down on his stupid AFTER the game in the comments. Something tells me he doesn't even have a GED.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

hahaha this guy is a next level idiot***

Jan 22, 2019, 6:57 PM

Re: hahaha this guy is a next level idiot***

Jan 23, 2019, 12:32 AM

Yes - Was thinking this guy is an idiot of the highest order TigerDominance!! Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 22, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: This didn't age well. ]

Yea he wouldn’t even qualify to pump gas in South Carolina.....

The comment section was especially entertaining.

Jan 22, 2019, 6:40 PM

Delusion runs deep in that fan base. How many blue bloods do we have to take to the woodshed to make a believer out of some people?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, just the one guy. Most were making fun of him.***

Jan 22, 2019, 6:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The comment section was especially entertaining.

Jan 22, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to The comment section was especially entertaining. ]

Clemson is vigorous red blood. Blue blood is always in distress and lacking vigor. Just a fact of nature.

This is a great quote from an observant bucknut....

Jan 22, 2019, 6:49 PM

"Carmen Jackson, the #1 player from Ohio last year---who left for Clemson. Yeah, he has a NC Ring. If he never plays another down, he made the right choice. A National Title is immortal----We still honor the 68 Team, that was 50 years ago."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That OP is tOSU's Manafold***

Jan 22, 2019, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 6:54 PM

This is my favorite line from that thread

“The rankings are not a matter of opinion, it is an inaccuracy to say Clemson has more talent than tOSU and several other blue-blood programs.”

This Field of Jreams bozo thinks that recruiting rankIngs are some sort of statement of empirical fact, like - the atomic weight of gold is greater than the atomic weight of hydrogen.

He can’t wrap his tiny little brain around the fact his “infallible recruiting rankings” are 100% based on somebody(s) opinion.

Jan 22, 2019, 7:05 PM

"This Field of Jreams bozo thinks that recruiting rankIngs are some sort of statement of empirical fact, like - the atomic weight of gold is greater than the atomic weight of hydrogen."

That was well said.

As someone else pointed out, the rankings are based on...

Jan 22, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: This didn't age well. ]

...the player out of high school. The OP gave no consideration for player development by the Clemson coaches not to mention experienced gained on the field.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 7:14 PM

Poot sniffers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 7:23 PM

It's things like this, an attempt to belittle our program, that makes our national championship even better. Envy makes fools of many people. The responses are priceless. Many of the comments remind me of how many of us refer to talent, measured by the number of stars and one of the major points of the OP. Latent talent must be recognized and developed, an area where our coaching staff ranks Number One.

Excuses, alibis and misuse of statistics are mentioned throughout the comments. One poster cited the time of possession by the two teams as if Alabama was the better team. TOP would have looked more one one-sided if we did not have that 10 minute drive in the fourth quarter. Our touchdown drives were of short duration, Regardless of ststs, excuses, etc,, the final score is all that matters and at the end of the game the scoreboard read, Clemson 44 --- Alabama 16. Clemson was clearly the better team. PERIOD........ Deal with it !!!!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:48 PM

Great post Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always looked at TOP as the MOST irrelevant statistic

Jan 23, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: This didn't age well. ]

kept. WHO CARES?????? GT regularly wins the TOP while losing the game. Teams like Clemson can and do score quickly and at will. How long they hold the ball only matters if they are trying to run out the clock (like our 10 minute drive to end the game).

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the butthurt is strong with that one.***

Jan 22, 2019, 7:33 PM

Funny. Because I think it aged REALLY well.***

Jan 22, 2019, 8:40 AM

Jan 22, 2019, 7:57 PM

math much? "Dabo's "Fab Five": Christian Wilkins, D. Lawrence, Celin Ferrell and Austin Bryant". In the rest of the world, that is 4 players not 5.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:38 PM

No, 5 is correct. Big Dex counts as 2.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spelling is also not their forte: "Celin"

Jan 23, 2019, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: This didn't age well. ]

and something is also amiss with "Carmen Jackson"

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 23, 2019, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: This didn't age well. ]

I like bashing this article, too. But what you are quoting here is not what he said. You left out the “remaining” part. He’s saying those guys plus Watson.

"Buckeyes are the only team undefeated vs Alabama"...

Jan 22, 2019, 11:44 PM

Wow!!!! 1-0!!!!

????????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like their record vs. Clemson

Jan 23, 2019, 12:50 AM

Go Tigers! 3-0

https://atr.cfrc.com/index.php?r=teams/opponent&name=clemson&opponent=ohio-state

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 23, 2019, 12:16 AM

What a find! Love the spoils of victory ??????

Jan 23, 2019, 12:37 AM

Wow - just wow!! FieldsofJreams - what a stupid post! And defending his tOSU who set the standard for doing less with more....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

That would be UGA. Let's give credit where it is due. lol***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:11 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 6:08 AM

31-0 really stuck with this guy.

If you want to play in the CFB playoff and show the world how awesome you are, I have a suggestion..... don’t get blown out by a below average team every year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 8:17 AM

Some absolutely hilarious responses to the OP...

"Man would I hate to have blown a few grand on a national championship game after spending all day #### talking the team I bet against"

"When I infamously posted the night before the Purdue game that there was no way Purdue (as was predicted by a writer at TOS) would score 49 points...I was smart enough to never return to that embarrassing thread again in hopes it would vaporize itself like the tapes in the Mission Impossible movies."

" How does it feel to be so incredibly wrong? Like you couldn’t have been more incorrect about the game if you tried. "

" If they are a paper tiger what are we?

Last time we faced them they embarrassed us 31-0. They were not only better, but on an entire different level."

Jan 23, 2019, 8:35 AM

Yep - was great fun reading!! -:)

I would bet a dollar to a donut this guy doesn't know......

Jan 23, 2019, 8:48 AM

.....that his beloved Buckeyes are 0-3 against Clemson and the last win wasn't too long ago. We thrashed the Buckeyes. We own TOSU. Heck, South Carolina owns the Buckeyes!

In the last 50 years no Buckeye team has won 2 outta 3 national titles. Heck, in the last 49 years Clemson has won more national championship than Ohio State.

Is the writer 100 years old? Or is he just ignorant and biased? I'm guessing it's ignorance and bias and that he's a young fool and nothing more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 9:09 AM

yeah this is early 2000s thinking void of 2020 facts. Let them keep thinking all those other programs are vastly superior... did he seriously name LSU?

Im pretty sure that if DABO's goal was to hit a #1 on the

Jan 23, 2019, 9:15 AM

recruiting rankings he could do it. But that would mean we signed players that don't "fit" Clemson. Players that have troubled trajectories, guys that try to jump early to the draft b/c they care nothing about the team or school, etc... If your goal is to achieve a no.1 on the rivals board then good for you. I think Clemson's sweet spot in recruiting is somewhere in the top 15, always have an apt QB/WR and a formidable DL. This year it just so happened that we also had an elite (3star) RB in Etienne. Thats when i knew we might have something if the QB situation changed for the better..and boy did it.

Fake news ... was that written by BuzzFeed ?***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic