Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is No Way in Hell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

There is No Way in Hell

Oct 19, 2017, 12:56 AM

that the CFP will host a rematch of the SEC championship game (or any other championship game for that matter). Why would they? If Alabama and Georgia are both undefeated going into SECCG, the loser is out, period. The teams just played each other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't under estimate the disney hype machine

Oct 19, 2017, 7:50 AM

They took the heisman from watson twice

And

Put bama vs lsu in the bcs championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Don't under estimate the disney hype machine

Oct 19, 2017, 9:59 PM

Defending Champs get the benefit of the doubt , but we can't lose again .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree if others are one loss conference champs but

Oct 19, 2017, 7:56 AM

A close game between ga and al and having to pick between them and a two loss team? It could happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN was hyping a rematch of Alabama-LSU

Oct 19, 2017, 8:06 AM

before the game even ended.

Never underestimate the unreasonableness of the sports "authorities."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sure were, that 9-6 slug fest was horrible,

Oct 20, 2017, 10:38 AM

and the rematch was even worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is No Way in Hell

Oct 19, 2017, 9:02 AM

I think Georgia or Alabama will have one loss going into their championship game. I haven't looked at their standings, but guess if Auburn beats Bama and has not lost any other conference games, they will go to the championship game. And if that is the case, Georgia will have lost a game (obviously to them).

Half right, UGA wins they're in,lose they're not.

Oct 19, 2017, 9:04 AM

Bama would go win or lose.

Auburn will have a say so in this as they will...

Oct 19, 2017, 9:08 AM

beat either UGA or Bama.

Oct 19, 2017, 9:11 AM

Anyone who suggests a conference gets two teams in a 4 team playoff 1)Hasn't looked at the make up of the committee, 2) Lacks a basic understanding of politics, 3) Needs to be tested for drugs.

It'd have to take a two or more conference championship with 2+ losses for that to ever happen. Unlikely.

4 of the 5 Power 5 will always get a slice of the cake to keep everyone happy.

Oct 19, 2017, 1:03 PM

It is a ridiculous proposition to think that any two teams that just played each other on Dec 5, would be voted to play each other again 3 weeks later. It is just pure stupid. The game has already been decided.

The BCS "rematch" was a rematch of a game that happened much earlier in the season. And the BCS used a flawed-computer model to boot. The CFP committee will absolutely prevent that from ever happening again.

If two teams from any conference were ever to get in the CFP, it would be the conference champ and a one-loss team that didn't make it to the CCG.

So even in the worst case scenario, #1 Alabama (12-0) loses to #2 Georgia (12-0) in SECCG: Georgia goes to #1, and Alabama to what? #4 and they play each other again in the very NEXT GAME in Sugar? No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, in your scenario, Bama would drop to 3rd, so they could

Oct 19, 2017, 8:58 PM

not meet again until the championship game! Don't let anyone tell you they won't finagle with the matchups. Remember to years ago, they shuffled the four teams in the final ranking, hoping for a Bama-Okie final, but we threw a monkey wrench into those plans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 1:08 PM

They won't leave out any 1-loss Power 5 conference champion in favor of a 1-loss Georgia team that didn't win the SEC.

And the SEC is terrible. Georgia's biggest win is against an average ND team..

Oct 19, 2017, 1:11 PM

Georgia really hasn't proven anything with their cupcake schedule

Re: And the SEC is terrible. Georgia's biggest win is against an average ND team..

Oct 20, 2017, 10:43 AM

ND is a dang good team. We will find out more tomorrow though. USC will make their QB throw the ball.

Oct 19, 2017, 9:02 PM

In my opinion conference championship weekend equals wild card weekend.

Oct 19, 2017, 9:56 PM

Finebum is not going to like this.......LOL......Go Tigers!!!!

In that scenario, they would probably scramble the

Oct 20, 2017, 8:57 AM

rankings so that they would only play again if both made the CFP Championship game. May not matter anyway, if the Fighting Pawlie gas passers sneak up on Jawja before then.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:36 AM

If Bama is the team that loses I would beg to differ. Though they would have zero quality Ws. Maybe one if Auburn does not slip up again.

Disagree. They've repeatedly stated they want the 4

Oct 20, 2017, 11:20 AM

best teams and the Ohio State selection last year is proof that they are willing to be open-minded about it. If we end up with a situation where UGA and Bama are both 12-0 when they play and the committee truly thinks both of them are among the 4 best teams in the country, i really think they would be willing to select both.

I'm not saying that it WILL happen, but i definitely think it's on the table.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic