Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The power of the Occulus:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The power of the Occulus:

Dec 10, 2017, 6:18 PM

I have been attending Clemson home games since the 70's. Every time that I traveled to an away game, they lost. Peach Bowl in '79, lost to Baylor, Raleigh in '88 (I think it was), lost; '92 Citrus Bowl - lost, 2011 Orange Bowl fiasco.

Swore I could never go to a playoff game or the Natty, because I couldn't bear to have that responsibility on my shoulders.

So my son calls with tickets to the ACCCG - we have a serious discussion, he's definitely concerned about me going, I tell him to get tickets and I would go to and watch it in the room while he, his wife and my wife go to the game. He then says: "dad, they lost road games that you went to before the Occulus, you'll be fine. Don't doubt the power of the Occulus."

I went, we won. The curse is broken. Hail the power of the Occulus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The power of the Occulus:

Dec 10, 2017, 6:51 PM

;) :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna park this boy right here

Dec 10, 2017, 7:21 PM

Image result for clemson oculus

=

Image result for cfp trophy

Re: I'm gonna park this boy right here

Dec 10, 2017, 7:24 PM

The Clemson Tigers celebrate with the CFP National Championship Trophy following their 35-31 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.

That is a nice story and glad that your curse was broken,

Dec 10, 2017, 7:21 PM

that said I gonna have to ask that you stay away from New Orleans on January 1st and Atlanta on January 8th. ;)

Re: That is a nice story and glad that your curse was broken,

Dec 10, 2017, 9:30 PM

LOLOLOLOL! Absolutely, recovery has to be step by step. Already bowed out of those trips.

You're welcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2017, 7:34 PM

I'm also a curse. The last two games I went to were when Winston dropped 50 on us and losing to Pitt last year. I may never see another Clemson game in person.

Good idea.***

Dec 10, 2017, 7:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 10, 2017, 8:32 PM

I understand, I attended 5 consecutive bowl loses with 3 road losses sprinkled in under West/Bowden. 8 consecutive losses away from home... Since Dabo has been the coach, I'm 6-1. It wasn't me after all...

Don't worry, I have you covered

Dec 10, 2017, 8:54 PM

As long as I wear my game day shirt and tie, we win. Only two days I didn't in the last two years was Pitt last year and Syracuse this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic