Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tee Higgins is a phenomenal blocker!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Tee Higgins is a phenomenal blocker!

Jul 20, 2019, 8:12 PM

I’ve rewatched nearly every game from this past season and noticed that even when Tee’s not racking up receptions and reception yards, he is making his presence known. His blocking helped allow Etienne to score many of his rushing touchdowns, including his crucial go ahead touchdown run against Syracuse. Also, Tee finishes every block and never gives up on the play. What a phenomenal athlete!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tee Higgins is a phenomenal blocker!

Jul 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

Probably the best blocking wr since Peake I think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone say Peake? This will always be my memory of him

Jul 20, 2019, 8:22 PM

https://streamable.com/kgq5

The way the Miami guy starts #### and then Peake finishes it on the next play is unbelievable. It's almost like he was telling the coaches to call a play where he could lay that guy out and he did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: someone say Peake? This will always be my memory of him

Jul 20, 2019, 8:27 PM

What a block! That cornerback got what he deserved!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 8:32 PM [ in reply to someone say Peake? This will always be my memory of him ]

Cool thing is, I dont even need to look at that video, can still see that in my mind. Was AWESOME!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to someone say Peake? This will always be my memory of him ]

Oh my.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to someone say Peake? This will always be my memory of him ]

hhahahaha how do I not remember that??? Back to back embarrassment for the CB. Peake did some ground and pound after flooring him too.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:01 PM

Several of our WRs are frequently engaged with their DBs 10-20 yards downfield when Etienne thunders by. It's incredible to watch on replay.

You really have to feel bad for those Corners who are smaller than Tee by 6 inches and 20 lbs who would rather just cover him; but if they have to cover him for 3 seconds, evade his bigger body blocking them for 3 seconds, and then try to tackle a violent little train like Etienne at top speed in the open field?? That's not fair. It's no wonder CBs end up checking out of the game after that combination.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:20 PM

Contrast with Bama's Jeudy, the Biletnikoff winner. He's a great little receiver, but in the 4th down goal line play where Tua had 10 Tigers stopping him, Jeudy looks like a fierce little Pekinese trying to block his man (sorry, can't tell who it is, and sorry #2, unable to post video clips).

Our guy is like, "Dude, Chillax. Since you're not going on a pass route, let's just stand here and watch all my teammates stuff your QB."

And on Etienne's TD run in NC game

Jul 20, 2019, 9:30 PM

when Amari blew the Bammer DB all the way out back of the end zone.

These guys just KNOW!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 9:44 PM

yup, I have seen him push his defender though the back of the endzone on many of ETN TD runs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 1:01 AM

Ross also likes to hit people.

Ha, that push block was funny BUT

Jul 21, 2019, 9:55 AM

funnier was then laying down on Miami db while he's throwing his arms up!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 10:50 AM

All too true. The result of his downfield blocks is Etienne basically has fewer defenders to toast on his way to 6. He’s gonna punch into the second level 5-10 times per game, and the statistical likelihood of takin’ it to the house goes WAY up when Tee is blocking the man who is naturally going to be the opponent’s best CB who’s been sent to try and defend TL’s passes to him...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Jul 21, 2019, 11:11 AM

He ain't the only one, Amari Rodgers has made some very key blocks in important games. That unselfish attitude of our WR squad is one of the things that makes our team special.

I saw that too...a lot...when he's not catching the ball

Jul 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

he's usually down field getting in some defender's face and doing a good job

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

Our WR's are much better blockers than they were a year ago. I liked Cain and RRMC but they didn't give as much effort and were undersized compared to our current guys. Rodgers is a beast, Ross and Tee are grown men, and Hunter always gives that effort.

Imagine being a CB and having to guess if the WR is about to smoke you or just plow you completely over. That's tough sledding.

Having Ross, Overton, and Tee on the field at the same time is gonna be brutal. I hope Rodgers gets healthy quick!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic