Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney expecting more from punting game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney expecting more from punting game

Nov 12, 2018, 9:14 PM

Swinney expecting more from punting game

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney was asked about some struggles in the punting game on his radio call-in show Monday. In more traditional measures, Clemson is rated 9 Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sunshine pumping to the max.***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:28 PM

it's called PUNTING SUNSHINE

Nov 12, 2018, 9:31 PM

dang it man

null

More like encouraging and inspiring.

Nov 12, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Sunshine pumping to the max.*** ]

It’s been a problem, but our best solution is to move the ball better against good defenses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to be pumping

Nov 13, 2018, 3:57 AM [ in reply to Sunshine pumping to the max.*** ]

Helium(He) into our balls to get the Kevin Butler Effect. Vince Dooley can show you how. Easy as throwing a UGa Diploma through a moving car's window in Athens.

Don't expect him to call the kid out in a

Nov 12, 2018, 9:34 PM

presser but dang, does he see some of these punts? Definitely a step back from last year.

Re: TNET: Swinney expecting more from punting game

Nov 12, 2018, 9:37 PM

Renfrow has a better putting yardage average than Spiers

Nov 13, 2018, 12:06 AM

Renfrow is soooooooo good (ya'll say..."How good is he?")...

He can kick a hang time punt of 15 seconds, read the morning paper on the sidelines with a cup of coffee...and a side of bacon and eggs, then recover the fumble from the punt return man (on account of the wicked back spin) and juke out the entire special teams guys for a TD.

Then kick the extra point too.

Nov 13, 2018, 8:40 AM

Well, TL caught his own pass...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney expecting more from punting game ]

Man! He's something else.

Man Dabo can sell anything***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:56 PM

He didn't sell any of us, we still think punting is a proble

Nov 13, 2018, 4:29 AM

m

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bogus. Bench Billy's boy and let B.T. punt, jeez.***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:57 PM

Nov 12, 2018, 10:01 PM

Personally I think that the punting stats are misleading also, I think that it's worst than the stats say they are!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only area i disagree with Coach since Bama got us in ‘15 with punting-kicking game..

Nov 12, 2018, 10:07 PM

and in ‘17 they kept us pinned deep much of game.

Saying.. punting & kicking (opponents or us) has been a sore thumb to Clemson success being even better!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly right, Bill

Nov 13, 2018, 6:46 AM

The punting and field position game was a HUGE factor in both the TAM and Syracuse games. We needed Spiers on that last punt at TAM and he wet the bed big time.

I don't say these things to bash Spiers, but you have to have some proof if you're going to say someone needs to be on the bench. The fact that he hasn't given one of our backups a single punt, yet he let Renfrow boot one is concerning. How is it that you let the backups play at every position but one?

Re: Exactly right, Bill

Nov 13, 2018, 12:02 PM

Being that FB is a field position game, and our punting game is undesirable, and that's putting it mildly. Why hasn't BT had a chance to see what he can do in blow out games. There were times near the end of the BC game that BT could have been given a chance to punt. With the QB change, Dabo has shown that he will make changes if needed to be, and it's head scratching wondering why he hasn't at least give BT a chance to punt the ball. Maybe in practice he out kicks the coverage bc he doesn't have the hang time or something. But if that's the case, and we're close to mid field, let him kick it out of the end zone bc, our coverage team ain't gonna win any awards!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing to say ...***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo and family are very tight with Spiers family.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:24 AM

He may be best we have but I would like to see other punter have a chance. Don’t know til you give him a shot in a game

Re: Dabo and family are very tight with Spiers family.

Nov 13, 2018, 12:15 PM

Maybe it's a family friendship/money thing but, I just can't see or think of Dabo not doing the right thing bc of money or friendship. That just don't appear to be the Dabo that we have known as our HC for 10 years. I just don't believe that Dabo would slight another kid and give his own kid opportunities to see how he does in games that are won regardless of how he does. I don't see that happening, and I'm going to say and believe there are reasons that we just don't know about!!!

Nov 12, 2018, 10:23 PM

Hands down the worst punter we've had in sometime. He wouldn't go rugby style to rely on getting the bounce if it wasn't an issue. His nirmal punt has lil to no hang time and goes about 35 yards. It's mind boggling that he's our best option at punter

I'll have what Dabo is having

Nov 12, 2018, 10:34 PM

Go back and watch the Bama game from last year and not once could Spiers get us out of a hole. If I was a former punter, I'd be insulted if he eventually was considered one of the best.

Year two of the non-punter punter and it's gotten worse.

Don't Be Loyal to a Fault Coach!!

Nov 12, 2018, 10:40 PM

Last time that happened we had our best QB coming off the bench.

It is hard to imagine how much our backup punters must suck.***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 12, 2018, 11:44 PM

No one protects a terrible punter more than Dabo Swinney.

Whatever Dabo, whatever....the team deserves top 25 punts

Nov 12, 2018, 11:57 PM

Poor Spiers....He's doing the most with his god given talent. He needs help, we need help.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 12:32 AM

Wow .... I want Dabo to do my evaluation at work... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Our bright spot, we have the #1 punter in the nation by most

Nov 13, 2018, 4:53 AM

Experts coming in next year. I’m so grateful and hope he plays from game 1.

I vote we should spare our punters feelings and claim he’s battling an injury and let Renfrow finish the year out kicking it 70-90 yards a punt!

Renfrow should be in the Circle immediately after graduation...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

the one area I disagree with Coach

Nov 13, 2018, 6:11 AM

I guess “best is the standard” applies to every position but the kickers. I just don’t understand why he won’t hire kicking coach or send these kids to kicking clinics. One of the biggest clinics in the country is in the Upstate!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

maybe hire someone off TNET to be special teams

Nov 13, 2018, 8:05 AM

seems everyone here is f$%$ing expert

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Our punting has been worse than anyone else I have seen.***

Nov 13, 2018, 7:40 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our punting has been worse than anyone else I have seen.***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:04 AM

You are correct! It has been obvious every game the difference between our punter and the opponent. At first, I thought maybe the opponent punter was just having a good game but as the season has moved forward, it appears our punter has not performed at the same level. I hope he can turn it around down the stretch when we need it the most.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 11:03 AM

Dabo is going to be disappointed with his expectations. With almost two seasons of experience and practice, Spiers isn't improving and is the model of inconsistency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic