Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look

Aug 20, 2019, 3:36 PM

August Camp Observations: A Final Look

The Clemson media got a final look at the No. 1 ranked Tigers Tuesday afternoon, the last time we will see a practice ahead of next Thursday’s season opener against Georgia Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look

Aug 20, 2019, 3:42 PM

I am READY for the real games to start.

Let's go!

so you're telling me we have a chance...***

Aug 20, 2019, 3:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Aug 20, 2019, 3:56 PM

Very little value in that D-line group with the exclusion of XT...the guy is a definite starter

Aug 20, 2019, 4:05 PM

Then why isn't he?
Are you saying you know more than Brent Venebles?! Wow. Where do you coach?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bet you XT starts against A&M

Aug 20, 2019, 4:15 PM

if he doesn't start against GT. Either way, we will rotate a lot of guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll bet you XT starts against A&M

Aug 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

Speed rush downs to start. Possibly feels like to small for primary run downs. Give him a game to get ready. Not many pre-all Americans come off the bench. We too deep. Go Tigers and trust BV

Aug 20, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look ]

No moron, my point was I don’t think this is the starting dL. It was in fact just a drill....

Umm you might wanna watch this replay again

Aug 20, 2019, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look ]

Aug 20, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look ]

Is this really what you meant to post? To what purpose? Perhaps you should go back to posting on the Gamecock boards...

Aug 20, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: August Camp Observations: A Final Look ]

Maybe it's not a knock on XT. Maybe Logan Rudolph just looks that good. We too deep.

Wait . . . . . . Whaaa?????

Aug 20, 2019, 4:15 PM

My prayers have just been answered!!!

According to Elliot's Kick Coverage Comments . . . I haven't seen the last of Skalski's big hits on Kickoff coverage!!!

In actuality . . . I probably have . . . as Mr Potter will be booming it out of play!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait . . . . . . Whaaa?????

Aug 20, 2019, 4:54 PM

Let's hope our Mr. Potter is as stingy on the kickoffs as Mr. Potter was financially from "It's a Wonderful life."

I refuse to believe XT is not a starter.***

Aug 20, 2019, 5:14 PM

Aug 20, 2019, 5:20 PM

Could someone please highlight Dukes and Ladson’s name.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:32 PM

I gave a big insight thread about Dukes last week. In that thread was another article added about his growth and potential. Go back and fund my thread and you will find some great info about Dukes. Going to be much better than the naysayers that only look at stars. I remember people saying negative stuff about ETN, wish i could call them out!

Aug 20, 2019, 5:55 PM

XT3 not starting? Wow. Big news.

Aug 20, 2019, 6:46 PM

Honestly, imo this was pretty much a non article... I must be missing something because this wasn’t any news we didn’t know before with one exception- XT still not getting any love and we got a ton of injuries... as well as undecided on the back seven since every article has pretty much said all the receivers have had their way with them.

Hopefully iron sharpens iron!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhmm,? TLaw, 3 Potential First Rd WRs and...

Aug 20, 2019, 11:46 PM

We saw how that team dismantled Bama? We expect a young DL to be better than veteran Bama?? We expect there not to be challenges on Defense without a veteran DL that cant push a veteran OL, therefore we have some DB Islands with our studds? C'mon, you guys are so unrealistic when you hear one iota of negativity! Likely the best Offense ever at Clemson and maybe ever in College.

Our defense will be fine as long as injury bug don't cripple us. The only ones i wish i had heard more about was Ruke and ET. They were so green considering their heritage and just starting football, but i haven't heard anything +/- about them, but im sure they are not in the fold. I had hoped one would make their way in. Im sure the play book is like me reading Harry Potter in Portuguese.

That said, trust our coaches. They have to get the attention of players somehow and im sure they are tuned into the motivators. I do believe we will have top 10 D with #1 off and we finish quite well!

David, since this is the last practice the media will be able to watch

Aug 21, 2019, 12:12 AM

Will you still be able to do post practice interviews or is it completely shut off until gameday? Its really going to suck if we have to go a whole week without any updates on YT. I watch just about every post practice video. Thanks.

My Take on the XT omission on the starting D line

Aug 21, 2019, 6:37 AM

He may still be struggling with the run support and may be used more as a situational player, such as obvious passing situations. With his speed and eagerness, I noticed he overran a number of run plays last season.

That being said, I would have to think that eventually he will work his way into the starting lineup. On the plus side, if Rudolph is starting ahead of XT, he must be a beast too. This line has a little chip on its shoulder as everyone is talking about how it may be the weakness of our defense. I think they are about to prove people wrong.

Go Tigers!

Aug 21, 2019, 9:28 AM

Some of you don’t know what you don’t know. Coaches do award starting positions based on hype or recruiting stars. They also can move guys up or down the depth chart for motivational purposes. Finally they can choose the player who is most consistent and complete as the starter instead of the player who has the most sports center top 10 plays. Regardless I am sure they have a plan...

On the Line especially this year

Aug 21, 2019, 3:30 PM

I don’t know that it matters what the depth chart says especially early. They are going to rotate through a bunch of guys and play the best ones. We have seen it before the guy that goes on the field first doesn’t always get the most snaps. I’m sure XT will be on the field plenty.

Re: On the Line especially this year

Aug 26, 2019, 12:34 AM

Agreed, I wouldn't get too worked up over who shows up on a list before a game is played. One thing we know for sure is the people who deserve to play will get their shot and it will sort itself out on the field as we build depth.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic