Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, US says attack came from Iran...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

So, US says attack came from Iran...

Sep 16, 2019, 3:23 PM

See link below.

So we're going off some intelligence that the hostilities are coming from a Middle Eastern nation and threatening our allies in the region?

And right before a re-election year?

Think this could lead to an invasion?

Stop me if you've read this playbook before.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/saudi-oil-attack-dle-intl/h_089f417709bf5fab124c35eda64efb9e

Since a lot of you weren't around in 2003, I'll help you with standard P&R lines of stupidity if we go to war with Iran:

-You can't change horses midstream! (meaning re-elect the president)
-We can't cut and run!
-If you don't support this war, you don't support the troops!
-War is hell, collateral damage, blah blah (use this when civilians are killed or tortured)
-People who don't support the president during wartime should be tried under the Sedition Acts of 1798
-Boom! Shock and awe!
-Mission Accomplished!

All of the following actually flowed out of people's keyboards on here during the Iraq war.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You must really hate America. ***

Sep 16, 2019, 3:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly.

Sep 16, 2019, 3:44 PM

I should be tried under the Sedition Acts, especially since I've worn clothing with the American flag on it.

Also, mankind and dinosaurs walked together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Clearly.

Sep 16, 2019, 6:48 PM

You should really leave dinosaurs out of this Cat...they get a bad rap as it is.

Here's the problem......

Sep 16, 2019, 3:46 PM

for all his bluster, Trump is the most dove-ish Prez we've had since probably Jimmy Carter. Most people, left and right, consider that to be a good thing.

Dude flat out doesn't want to be in a war with anyone. I'd love to tell you it's his conscience and high morals, but that'd be BS. I'm pretty sure he just thinks the topic falls flat in the focus groups.

In fact, all signs point to Bolton being gone because Bolton was taking the more traditional hawk position. What you're saying is completely obvious with a normal politician, in a normal year, but I don't see it here. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I don't see any way we're in a "real" war with anyone before the election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the problem......

Sep 16, 2019, 4:05 PM

You know what? For the most part, I agree with you. That's one area where I actually commend Trump and I've always agreed with him on his Iraq war stance.

What worries me is his irrational behavior and what he could potentially do if a loss in 2020 seems inevitable. Throughout American history, presidential approval spikes when a military action occurs--it may drop later, but it initially spikes. Even Carter attempted it when a loss to Reagan looked inevitable.

So I hope Trump maintains his current trend, and yes, dumping Bolton was a good step toward that.

Re: Here's the problem......

Sep 16, 2019, 4:13 PM

What you will see is maybe some missles from us, then some talks, then Trump and Iran cut a deal , Iran is allowed to sell oil again, gas prices drop biggly and Trump is re-elected.

Trump is not going to war, missles flying maybe but no boots on ground.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty sure missiles flying = war

Sep 16, 2019, 4:15 PM

and if he does that, I'll jump on the impeachment bandwagon. there is no declaration of war from THE CONGRESS the only branch with the war power.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pretty sure missiles flying = war

Sep 16, 2019, 4:19 PM

SO did you when Slick Willy sent missles too? You forget the President can act but must get permission from Congress to continue actions within so many days.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to pretty sure missiles flying = war ]

Or maybe this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_United_States_bombing_of_Libya

Heck, we even tossed one through the front doors of the French Embassy, wonder if it occured since we did not get them to allow us to fly over their territory?

Sep 16, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to pretty sure missiles flying = war ]

Perhaps this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

There is no such thing as an inevitable loss in Trump’s mind.

Sep 16, 2019, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the problem...... ]

And I’m not just talking about the election. The man lives in his own alternative reality where he thinks he is the smartest, greatest, and best person to ever walk the earth. I mean, the guy literally took a sharpie to a weather map and thought he would be able to fool people (he did fool many republicans, but that’s because they don’t know how to actually think for themselves). Nothing could get him to believe losing the election is inevitable.

Look sharpie, you don't need a weatherman to know which

Sep 16, 2019, 4:04 PM

way the wind blows.

isnt that how every US war since 1812 has been started?

Sep 16, 2019, 4:13 PM

why should this be any different?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When crap like this happens, this is where our lack of

Sep 16, 2019, 4:25 PM

credibility will end up hurting the US. This is the most dishonest administration in our history, so don't expect a massive coalition coming together to build a case against Iran. Our allies aren't gonna touch this with a 10 meter pole. Whatever follows will be a US/Israel/Saud based response. And before anyone says Israel? Saudi? thats cats and dogs, man....Israel runs the intelligence/security show in the ME and while they might not be butt buddies with Saudi, they will certainly be partners in any endeavor that might take Iran down a notch.

No telling what really happened, Iran might just be pizzed off enough to do something like this, might even have the tech to do it. Kingdom might've done it to themselves to implicate Iran, who knows? They might've had help from the US and/or the Israelis, srsly, who knows? Was giving Bolton the boot a strategic excuse to strengthen a case against Iran? All I know is it stinks in a lotta different directions.

Whatever happens, it would be a yuuuge surprise to me if we actually send any significant amount of troops to the region unless Iran goes full crazy. Regardless of nationality, Muslim countries DO NOT want US troops around. They certainly want our firepower if things go sideways, just not our presence.

Crazy stuff, makes me wish Mattis was still in charge.

Wait....wut?

Sep 16, 2019, 6:34 PM

"Was giving Bolton the boot a strategic excuse to strengthen a case against Iran?"

Is this a serious question?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it Is a serious question. Spin, spin, spin

Sep 16, 2019, 11:48 PM

my man, especially when the shootin’ starts.

bruh..........pretty much everyone acknowledges that

Sep 17, 2019, 9:21 AM

if Bolton had his way it'd be boots on the ground yesterday in Iran.

....which could easily be spun into justification of

Sep 17, 2019, 11:50 AM

"it's so bad, we did it even without Bolton". You really don't see that angle? I srsly hope we aren't clowning on Iran in order to huck a few missiles into their yard, IMO that would be a huge mistake.

If Iran did do it, let the Saudis respond. They have our tech and our tech people on the ground. You can be sure Israel will get involved in some way, let them be the attack dogs they wanna be. We can give them the complete economic N Korea treatment, hopefully our allies would support that. Like I said, I wish Mattis were still in there.

Re: When crap like this happens, this is where our lack of

Sep 16, 2019, 9:33 PM [ in reply to When crap like this happens, this is where our lack of ]

Mattis wouldn’t make a difference. Sanctions placed on Iran are crippling them. They’ve made their intentions known:

https://www.rt.com/business/432937-oil-iran-hormuz-strait/

...and you read a pro-Russian propaganda, TV-Novosti,

Sep 17, 2019, 11:54 AM

Russian government funded site to tell you this. 'Zat you DJT?

But, do you care if Iran did do it?

Sep 16, 2019, 5:57 PM

I mean, to me, it appears only that you wish to attack Republicans for something you cannot prove disprove.

Now, before you get all crazy, I'm not supporting the report as given but, nor am I not supporting it either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: But, do you care if Iran did do it?

Sep 16, 2019, 6:50 PM

I could care less. Saudi Arabia can take car of themselves.

I realize that the conservative media has been ginning up it's anti-iran message these last few months, but it's not our problem.

Have we learned nothing from the war in Iraq?

Sep 16, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to But, do you care if Iran did do it? ]

Oh, I'm going after any and all war hawks. Especially the silly ones who vehemently supported Iraq and attacked anyone who didn't.

It is, should we say, my coup de gras of told ya so.

And if it IS Iran... why should we engage in military action? And how much?

Sep 16, 2019, 8:29 PM

Well, based on your response I can't help but wonder if you feel the US should have stayed out of WWII as well? The European campaign, that is. I mean, what was our beef with Germany since they did not attack us? And, if you follow teaching on this, it was the US and its actions against Germany that prompted Hitler to declare war on the US?

What do you think is a good reason to go to war? If ever?

Now, I am not being sarcastic or rude. I am asking your opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sep 16, 2019, 8:57 PM

How is this situation comparable to WWII? We entered the war because Japan attacked one of our military bases. And the German situation isn't anything close to this issue with Iraq.

This isn't a good reason to go to war, especially for the likes of Saudi Arabia. And I'm not ready for our public to get duped again by another intelligence report claiming something in the Middle East so let's go blow #### up.

At some point, we've got to stop being Middle East police and falling for this crap. And, even more importantly, permitting a president to invade a country without Congress declaring war. That's been happening for too long.

Your "i told ya so'" don't work very well.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: But, do you care if Iran did do it? ]

Last time it was a "coup d'état" that you said that you had predicted, but really, your prediction about Trump and a coup was completely different than what you said would happen.

Re: Your "i told ya so'" don't work very well.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:52 PM

Oh no, it works really well. Had you been around that time, you'd have seen just how ridiculous the Iraq invasion lovefest was.

The main difference between mine and theirs is that they wanted it and thought it was right. I actually hope my predictions are wrong. You've just developed a ridiculous and borderline stupid obsession over it. That sucks for you as I really hope nothing I predicted happens.

You entitle your prediction posts with "BOOK MARK THIS POST

Sep 17, 2019, 4:28 PM

PART 42"

Are we not supposed to book mark them and then refer back to them when you say your "I told ya so" comes true, but it really doesn't?

And yeah, I was here for Bush 2, twice. And then all the "Yeah, Obama sucks, BUT NOT AS BAD AS BUSH DID" posts as well.

Re: You entitle your prediction posts with "BOOK MARK THIS POST

Sep 17, 2019, 6:04 PM

Cool. Were you a member of the idiot brigade back then that pushed the Iraq war so strong and vehemently attacked anyone who felt differently?

And see, your problem is you can't have a discussion in any thread with me without referencing that post. Any. Or, well, just about anything you post. So you have a ridiculous/probably stupid obsession with me/that. Try working on it. You're not 13.

When Trump loses in 2020 (and I know how heartbroken you'll be), you're more than welcome to remind me how I was wrong. And I'll still be happy about it because we will have removed your idiot orange savior from office.

Let the Saudiis and Israelis exchange misses with Iran _

Sep 16, 2019, 7:38 PM

Then sell them more.

Why does tge US have to engage.

Re: Let the Saudiis and Israelis exchange misses with Iran _

Sep 17, 2019, 2:30 AM

Bingo. Israel has been itching to blow a hole in this ###### country.

So we give them any support they need and have Israel and the Saudis go at it against Iran. Iran will then quickly realize the U.S. is themselves fighting a war using proxies.

At that point, Iran will eventually fire on a U.S. ship. Giving the U.S. full authority to unleash on Iran with Congress approval.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Let the Saudiis and Israelis exchange misses with Iran _ ]

So we give them any support they need and have Israel and the Saudis go at it against Iran. Iran will then quickly realize the U.S. is themselves fighting a war using proxies.

At that point, Iran will eventually fire on a U.S. ship. Giving the U.S. full authority to unleash on Iran with Congress approval.

Sep 17, 2019, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Let the Saudiis and Israelis exchange misses with Iran _ ]

We are not going to war with Iran over Saudi oil.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:17 AM

Trump doesn't own oil fields in the middle east, his last name isn't Boosh and he's not a hawk.

The worst America does is knock out the military facilities which were the origins of the strikes and perhaps destroy oil facilities equal to the damage in Saudi Arabia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are not going to war with Iran over Saudi oil.

Sep 17, 2019, 8:05 AM

The worst America does is knock out the military facilities which were the origins of the strikes and perhaps destroy oil facilities equal to the damage in Saudi Arabia.

That's an act of war.

Re: We are not going to war with Iran over Saudi oil.

Sep 17, 2019, 8:27 AM

Not sure it really matters if it is an act kf war. Does it? Seems the Iranians are kind of at war in the region. My point is that its not like they are some peaceful regime just minding their own business.

Iran has committed an act of war.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: We are not going to war with Iran over Saudi oil. ]

Those sneaky, chickenchit sumbiches don't have the balls for all out combat. Fear not, they will continue to support terrorist and sneak around stabbing America in the back.

Will they take a strike? They didn't do chit when we shut down their radar a month or so ago.

What's your point? You think Trump is going to shock and awe Iran? It ain't happening.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iran has committed an act of war.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:07 PM

Maybe they are brave but realistic? Would you step into the ring with Mike Tyson to prove how brave you were?

How do you know they did?

Sep 17, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Iran has committed an act of war. ]

What, because our government said so?

Never heard that before.

Funny how y'all blindly trust the feds over stuff like this.

Busted.

Sep 18, 2019, 7:56 AM

I was speculating and that's not cool except that you were speculating on whether or not we would go to war with them. My speculation was based on your hypothetical question.

So let me correct, if Iran is responsible for the Saudi attack I believe we should increase sanctions on Iran and take out the military base(s) were they launched the drones. We should also damage their oil producing facilities an equal amount to the damage they did to the Saudi.

The Saudis should pay a premium price for any action the US takes and we should make a few bucks on the deal.

Sorry for the speculation.

Re: Busted.

Sep 18, 2019, 9:32 AM

No worries. I hope you see why I'm skeptical over our own government over this stuff. I mean, they basically fabricated a reason to invade another country in 2003. I'm not saying the Trump admin would, but... well, honesty isn't their strong suit, either.

Sanctions? Sure. Military action? Eh... I doubt Iran suddenly says, "Oh, well, they hit our facilities too so it's all good. We'll let it be."

Re: So, US says attack came from Iran...

Sep 18, 2019, 12:37 AM

Maybe the actors responsible are not under the control of the Iranian government.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic