Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I called Charter Spectrum and axed about the ACC Network.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

So I called Charter Spectrum and axed about the ACC Network.

Jul 23, 2019, 6:58 PM

I thought my question was simple: "Will Charter Spectrum be carrying the ACC Network in my area, and if so, when?". Pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure the woman I talked to understood it at all. I tried to explain to her what "ACC" stood for and that it was a sports network that was launching in August. She put me on hold and went to check her "resources". When she came back, she explained that she'd found a recent "article", and it went something like this: "Typically, in the fall as college football season heats up, football fans can watch games on CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPNU, Fox Sports, Fox Sports South, The SEC Network, and The ACC Network between August and December". She said that meant that Charter Spectrum WOULD have the ACC Network but did not have an exact date. I told her I didn't understand, and that what she read to me did not sound even remotely definitive, but more like a general info statement about networks that provide college football content. Sounding a little perturbed, she read it to me again. Still confused, I asked her straight up, "So what you get from that article is that Charter Spectrum will be airing the ACC Network starting in August?". She responded "YES, we will have The ACC Network in August, I just don't have an exact date".

Take it for what it's worth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Safe to say they are playing the negotiating...

Jul 23, 2019, 7:08 PM

...game with their corporate-speak non-answers to subscribers. I have Charter Spectrum myself, and would be amazed (and infuriated) if they didn't make a deal by mid-August. Thanks for the post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I suspect the same thing ... sure hope you're right.

Jul 23, 2019, 7:20 PM

What a disaster it would be for Charter and ACCN if possibly millions of fans can't watch the game. Only reaching say, 1/20th of the potential audience seems like an insane business decision.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Give PS Vue a try

Jul 24, 2019, 6:27 AM

Being able to take your DVR with you if you do any kind of traveling is great. Unlimited DVR. Great quality picture. And the most sports channels of any streaming service. It's really been better than the cable I had for 20 years before switching to streaming. I tried all of the other streaming services, and PS Vue is the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I called Charter Spectrum and axed about the ACC Network.

Jul 23, 2019, 7:22 PM

I was told it was under consideration, and they would announce something in Mid-August.

Of course, they could announce

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: So I called Charter Spectrum and axed about the ACC Network.

Jul 23, 2019, 8:54 PM

I called today as well. I was having the same problem so I asked to speak with a supervisor. He( Ohio state fan) made my request for the ACC channel and said you could go to charter website and also make the request. Said if enough people requested it they would have no choice but to get it

I’ll call tomorrow and threaten to cancel if they don’t get

Jul 23, 2019, 9:07 PM

It. I’ll ask to speak to a manager

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll call tomorrow and threaten to cancel if they don’t get

Jul 23, 2019, 9:22 PM

I worked for Charter/Spectrum until February of this year. There is no use calling because when you call you are directed to a sales agent whose job it is to sell you more services and mobile phone. The announcement about the ACC Network will not even be told to the sales staff until about 3 days to a week before it starts. The sales staff, supervisor even the managers won't know until corporate releases the info. The public will probably hear about it first. The problem will be if you have to have one of the tiers instead of basic to get ACCN.

sounds like I’m going to have to bomb them on Twitter

Jul 23, 2019, 9:37 PM

And go straight for the VP of sales

#occupyCharter

Sec network comes with basic***

Jul 24, 2019, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I’ll call tomorrow and threaten to cancel if they don’t get ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I canceled today look in my post.***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:11 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic