Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding FSU/Taggart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Regarding FSU/Taggart

Oct 23, 2019, 3:46 PM

When one isn't even a part of a program, how is it 'obvious' to outsiders what a coach can or can not do, especially on the heels of a coach who left, despite multiple 'Top 5' recruiting classes? Exactly how does that make sense? FSU is 8-11 to this point under their coach; aTm is 12-7.

Did Jimbo leave for four more wins? Did Sumlin leave the Aggie house in better order? Sumlin's classes were better than Jimbo's 'Top 5' collections? Really? Or, will Jimbo's coming 'Top 5' classes begin to resemble his Tallahassee efforts...culture and all? That's a $75 million gamble.

Remember...Dabo's record after 34 games was 19-15. Half of his losses came in less than three seasons. Even Year 4 had four losses. Was Clemson patient in letting Dabo evolve, or is Clemson simply lucky it wasn't impatient? Hmmm....? Because on T-Net during the first quarter of every game, Dabo and Staff are the dumbest humans on the planet. Amirite? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning the division his first year

Oct 23, 2019, 4:03 PM

& the Conference his 3rd year with far less than Willie has at FSU, shows one is a Coach and the other is in OVER HIS HEAD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet,

Oct 23, 2019, 4:34 PM

He thought he was gone after the Belk Bowl...and a bunch of T-Netters were probably clamoring to see just that happen.

Re: Regarding FSU/Taggart

Oct 23, 2019, 4:14 PM

I think their were several differences with the patience with Dabo. For one thing he wasn't getting paid a whole lot of money initially. This was kind of a probationary period for both Dabo and Clemson to find out whether or not he was cut out to be a head coach. Something that has shaped Dabo since the start of his career is his attitude that he has to prove he deserves to be the head coach. Second, Dabo has always done an exceptional job at creating the right type of culture in the program. Clemson graduates kids, very rarely do you see any off field issues, and from the time he has been the head coach you can see the kids he coach's play with effort. With Taggart, I don't see that. The few games I watched this year they have played with a little more effort than last year, but it seems as though the team has no confidence in what the coaching staff is doing. Jimbo can recruit, but it is all football with him. Culture and everything else be D@mned. So to look at just wins and losses clouds the picture a bit, the whole story is told by the entire view.

Re: Regarding FSU/Taggart

Oct 23, 2019, 4:39 PM

Well said. Some coaches are good at certain aspects of the job, some at others. Dabo seems to check all the boxes.

^^Nice reply...

Oct 23, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding FSU/Taggart ]

W/L's are how he's being judged, though. And while the culture is toxic in Tallahassee, it looks to be improving. Lasting? I don't know...nor do I know who can follow him and be successful, given the climate there.

Frankly, Bowden was successful in creating something at FSU in a period far different than the present. I don't, personally, think they'll return to Bobby's levels. There's nothing special about that part of the country. Heck, Miami should rise up before FSU...Florida probably has more going for it, as well. Even Central Florida. Much like Nebraska is now and Tennessee continues to hope for, the past is gone...and how success was achieved then, can't be replicated now. It requires a new formula.

FSU can do with Taggart whatever they choose...matters not one whit to me. I think he's a decent man, but if they want to toss big money to run him off, go for it. It'll be fun and, to be honest, I will practically be giddy with delight watching the next savior fall flat on his spear down there. Programs that run in that fashion deserve the worst that karma can rain down upon them. I have no sympathy for FSU...period.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic