Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Recruiting

Jun 22, 2018, 11:00 PM

We are stacked for this year and next year. We are getting really good procect and under the radar players this cycle. We will get a few elite guys by signing day, no worries. This staff can coach up project players better than any other, proven. Let the coots get their hopes up so the let down will be even better. A few years back renfrow, kendall joseph, falcinelli, and dont forget beasley and jarrett all being guys that no one though would be stars. We have done more with less under dabo and this staff knows exactly what they are doing. I know i missed some others but you get the point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting

Jun 23, 2018, 3:15 AM

Me thinks you aren't giving the staff enough credit when mentioning "project players". Could be they are recognizing talent and not looking at these guys as "projects". You're going to see a lot of those 3-stars more than likely get their 4th star during their senior season. Just my take.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2018, 3:42 AM

It seems like a lot of these “3 star” guys are not going to a lot of camps and such to be able to get their star ratings up. I believe, like what you said, that the coaches are recognizing talent and going after guy that they train to fit into the system.

Jun 23, 2018, 7:11 AM

That's a good point. I wonder how many kids continue to go to camps once they have committed and actually have the desire to STAY committed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ]

Most of these guys wont contribute right away, project players. We need these guys two years from now, not right away. Its a big class so its a great time to pick up these guys. They have talent for sure. But need time to develope physically or mentally. Sometimes you get a diamond in the rough that come in and show out. But most of these guys will have time to develope because our depth chart is in good shape.

Jun 23, 2018, 9:43 AM

This is the most hilarious thing ever. Our guys don’t sign project players. Project players come in as preferred walkons. Don’t think our guys suddenly forgot how to recruit. We recruit players that can play for clemson. Period. But you will never convince the mot. That is why they are the mot after all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2018, 11:06 AM

It reminds me of one of Dabos older larger classes, it was the basis of the making of a Championship level team. I always felt Dabo was a master at building a team, that includes finding a balance of all the correct ingredients so to speak. We had the perfect mix of guys on our team, from our 2stars sprinkled in with the majority of our 3/4 stars(the gel that held everything together), with extremely talented 5 stars at important positions. That older class wasn’t loaded with 5 stars but was the basis of our team moving forward, that meshed together well.

It’s kind of hard to explain exactly what I’m trying to say but we are spoiled from a few of our previous classes, I do know that!!

^^^^^^^ gets it ^^^^^^^

Jun 23, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic