Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition

Oct 14, 2018, 9:56 PM

Let's call it what it is...
This game has turned into more of a rivalry in football than the Clemson/Sakerlina game. NC State has continued to get close year after year. And recently, the gamesmanship has become dirty. Stolen towels, laptops on the sidelines, trash-talking in the media, etc. We've seen the power of the Clemson fanbase, and over the last few weeks, there's been some division. It's time to get united. If NC State wants it, let's be there to give it to them.

This is the play-in game for the ACC Championship and the entire country is watching!

1. Wear Orange as a primary color to your attire. No white, black, navy, purple, pink, yellow with green bowtie, blue, seer sucker, or any other color. ORANGE! We're looking at temps in the high 60s and a possibility of some rain. Plan now! If you need help, just think like this when you're laying out your clothes, "If what I am wearing today were worn by EVERYONE in Death Valley, would the crowd still look like a 'Sea of Orange?'".

2. Don't sell your tickets to NC State fans or scalpers. When in doubt, ask them to name the kicker, the defensive coordinator, the offensive coordinator (trick question), or who used to wear #28.

3. DO NOT pull in your tailgating spot after 11am. DON'T BE THAT GUY/GIRL. Get there early, set up, and enjoy yourselves. Traffic is going to be the worst it has been all season. This ain't no Noon game and it sure as heck isn't Furman.

4. Go to Tigerwalk. 1:20pm (aka 2 hours and 10 minutes before every game). Let the boys know we're ready to go! Students, this means you too!

5. Get in the stadium EARLY and be somewhat sober. As soon as the band goes by the stadium, head in! No more whining about missing the Tigers running down the Hill. If you miss it, it's because you didn't get to your seats after the band went by. Be in your seat by 3:00pm; bonus points for dragging a frat boy to his seat. If you're drunk, you can't effectively be the fanbase we're capable of being! Remember, Miami 2005 was the loudest game in Death Valley history; that was a 3:30 game!

6. If you are a student and you have a Hill ticket, get there by 2:45pm and sit on the band side of the Hill. The other side fills up so fast because of students coming in from Gate 5, and then the band side is completely empty. Don’t be a sheep and follow the crowd…plus, you’ll get a better spot. If you're coming getting to the Hill after about 3:00pm, you won't be able to move to that side of The Hill. You're welcome.

7. If you are a student and you have a ticket but it's not what you wanted, be grateful you have a ticket and get your butt there! There are about 10,000 students that don't have a ticket to the game, or they have to find one and figure out how to pay rent. Don't be a "non-user." There's nothing worse than a "non-user." The student section is the base of energy for our stadium! You think the rest of us know what the heck is being said in all these rap songs?! Show us how to do it!

8. Go to the bathroom on your way to your seat. Otherwise, you are going to miss something.

9. If we are on defense, yell at the top of your lungs/clap/stomp/make noise. Start making noise after the previous play is complete. NC State shouldn't be able to hear a thing when they BEGIN signaling in plays. Don't get mad at the players for not making a play or the coaches for not making a good play-call if you aren't doing your job either! If you aren't hoarse on Sunday, you didn't do your job. NC State's RB claimed "We know we can silence their crowd!" He better not hear one play call or one snap count the entire game! Don't be the crowd that goes silent in the second quarter, or after an NC State first down or score. No matter what, be a FACTOR!

10. Hush when we are on offense. No sound. SHHHHHH!

11. If you 'Woo Hoo', you aren't a true fan. If you don't know how it originated, look it up. Real Clemson fans don't 'Woo Hoo.' It kills me to know they were teaching it at freshman orientation a few years ago. There's no debating this one, and thankfully it's dying.

12. Stand up for every drive. Yep -- just like GT in 2006. It's going to be like that. You can sit during halftime and timeouts. If you can't stand, this might not be the game to come to unless you have front-row seats. Send your grand kids and teach them how we roll!

13. If the refs make a bad call, let them have it. Relentless. We've seen our fair share of Ron Cherrys and we sure have been victim to holding a lot this season, yet the flag has been thrown...twice? We need the refs to FEAR making a terrible call.

14. No matter what, DO NOT leave the game early. Your ticket is worth over $200, minimum, even for a top-deck seat. Make sure you get every bit of value out of it. The traffic is going to suck -- own it. Be prepared and plan on watching a bit of the night games at a tailgating spot after our game. You have two choices after the game if it isn't a blowout -- you can tailgate for an extra hour with other Tigers, or you can sit in traffic and burn gas for an hour. Easy choice.

15. Be nice to the NC State fans. It's going to really stink for them to drive home with an 'L.' You'll make it so much worse when it's hard to be mad at Clemson fans. No laptop or towel comments. As my mother always said, "Kill em with kindness."

16. Get plenty of sleep the night before. I don't need anyone falling asleep on us!

17. During the Alma Mater, don't raise your hand until, "O'er" in "O'er the mountain height." Also, when you raise your hand, tuck that thumb in! Remember -- you're holding your Rat Cap! If you don't know what that is, you have some homework!

We punch our ticket to the ACC Championship this Saturday. Let's get it!

Tigers run down the Hill at 3:20pm!

#GoTigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Rainsuit is Yellow.***

Oct 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Haha -- you're going to be that one speck in the crowd,

Oct 14, 2018, 10:07 PM

aren't you?

There's always one.

"rainsuit"???? hahahahahaha

Oct 14, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to My Rainsuit is Yellow.*** ]

Get an ORANGE poncho at Academy, Walmart, Target, HomeDepot, et al....or an "emergency" clear poncho for less than $2.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Rainsuit is Yellow.***

Oct 15, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to My Rainsuit is Yellow.*** ]

They sell orange dye at the hardware store. Start soaking it now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to My Rainsuit is Yellow.*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 9:43 AM

^ This is the correct answer for the wearer or anyone sitting next to the yellow slicker. I keep two in my ankle holster.

13 out of 14 is not a rivalry, sorry.....

Oct 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

Try again.

Like Coach Swinney said “lose one and you’ll see how big

Oct 14, 2018, 10:09 PM

Of a rivalry it is”. Just because you win most of the time it doesn’t diminish the dislike between the schools.

Re: 13 out of 14 is not a rivalry, sorry.....

Oct 15, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to 13 out of 14 is not a rivalry, sorry..... ]

Think about it this way - if State wins, they'll be first in the division.

POTD!

Oct 14, 2018, 10:03 PM

POTW.( Post of week too!). #All In

Re: RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition

Oct 14, 2018, 10:03 PM

So can I only go to bathroom before the game? Will I have time to wash my hands? I will never be able to remember all these directions. You're making me nervous!!

#15 doesn't apply to NCSt, WVU and Maryland fans.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:04 PM

3 garbage fanbases.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #15 doesn't apply to NCSt, WVU and Maryland fans.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:10 PM

NC St has a trash-value to them, but I never experienced anything bad outside of the student section when we were @ Maryland.

WVU was just weird.

Gatlinburg seems to be a big WVU fan vacation spot.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:14 PM

and if you walk around with anything Clemson on, they will make sure you know what team they follow.

Re: Gatlinburg seems to be a big WVU fan vacation spot.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:17 PM

I haven't been to Gatlinburg since Dolly Parton still fit in her coat of many colors.

Re: #15 doesn't apply to NCSt, WVU and Maryland fans.

Oct 15, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to #15 doesn't apply to NCSt, WVU and Maryland fans. ]

Not disagreeing but we can add Mom's Rule to supplement #15. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Oct 14, 2018, 10:12 PM

#3 - This irks me to no end. Syracuse game, someone pulled into 6 and parked a few spots down from us at 11:37 - as we were packing up to head in.

#8 - Depends

#9 - It needs to be Louisville 2016 loud!!!!!

#11 - No woohoo

#12 - Not a problem. I never sit (no rows behind our seats)

#15 - https://goo.gl/images/5jGWkF

Oct 14, 2018, 10:37 PM

Dabo - Tell the boys, “pain don’t hurt”!

Oct 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

What he said!!!!!! Let's go!!!

Oct 14, 2018, 10:31 PM

Rule 1A - Gumby repels out of MarineOne during warmups and delivers some BuzzPaw type hospitality to Coach Doeren.

So I am only coming to tailgate

Oct 14, 2018, 10:23 PM

Any extra rules for me?

Fans like you are the exact reason we should have

Oct 14, 2018, 10:33 PM

a general admission section in the stadium. Gameday arrivals only.

Either that, or you get the student tickets not used.

Y’all r so funny & Marine 1 is tough but loving.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:37 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y’all r so funny & Marine 1 is tough but loving.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:40 PM

I like hugs and kittens LBB. You know it.

??

two kids aged 3 and 1

Oct 15, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Fans like you are the exact reason we should have ]

they are only good for a quarter if that.

I can't justify covering somebody's IPTAY donation, profit and face value of a ticket I will only use for an hour.

so we are bringing them to see floats on bowman and family and friends and then watching the game on tv when they will hopefully be napping.

Oct 14, 2018, 11:41 PM

I live 1500 miles away, but I'll yell loud enough that y'all will hear me!!!!!!!

Crush 'em Tigers!!!!

Love the post. My 16yo daughter woohoos. I don't ask her not to,

Oct 15, 2018, 12:08 AM

she doesn't ask me to do it. She's a bigger Tiger fan than most grown ups I know. She basically fits everything you said and I'd put my $100 on her for your rule #9 over anyone else in Death Valley.
Great post.
Go Tigers!!

null

Re: Love the post. My 16yo daughter woohoos. I don't ask her not to,

Oct 15, 2018, 12:32 AM

I also woo-hoo. We were taught that at orientation in 2007. Hard habit to break!

Re: Love the post. My 16yo daughter woohoos. I don't ask her not to,

Oct 15, 2018, 8:49 AM

There are support groups for this.

Please, if you don't get help here, get help somewhere.

Well said, Major! Be orange and be loud!***

Oct 15, 2018, 4:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said, Major! Be orange and be loud!***

Oct 15, 2018, 8:12 AM

We doing barbecue this week?!

Love the list! No 17 is ny pet peeve. No raising of the hand

Oct 15, 2018, 8:35 AM

until “o’er” and no limp wristed fluttering. Thumb-tucked and intentional waving. Be proud, people!

It also bothers me that our sharp “Fight Tigers, fight Tigers, fight, fight!” At the end of cadence count has morphed into milk toast “fight, fight, fight.” Sigh!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 1974 it was

Oct 15, 2018, 8:59 AM

Fight Tigers, fight d###it, fight fight!

At least it was in the student section

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 15, 2018, 9:16 AM

Too many rules. I’m not going now. I’m Not All In!

Oct 15, 2018, 9:25 AM

P.O.T.W.!!

Go Tigers!!!

Marine One channeling Rev. Dodd

Oct 15, 2018, 9:40 AM

Well Done Sir.

Oct 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

All good but where did you get the idea refs ever "fear" making a bad call?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 AM

By the creation of the term "home field advantage"

Go Tigers!!!!!***

Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 AM

Oct 15, 2018, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 15, 2018, 10:00 AM

I appreciate the sentiment, but way too many rules. Keep it simple:
Go Tigers!
Beat State!
Have fun!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

You must have not heard...

The paw should never be purple -- only orange or white.

Oct 15, 2018, 10:03 AM

If I could use only one word to describe myself, it would be.

Doesn't follow instructions well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 10:21 AM

This right here is why the Marines are the greatest fighting force in the world! Great attention to detail, Sir!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 4:52 PM

'Rah!

Oct 15, 2018, 11:02 AM

Lots of agreement here. But ...

Regarding #3: traffic will not be the worst. The worst games for traffic are noon and night games. Noon is the worst driving in, night is the worst driving out. Even with a full crowd, a 3:30 PM game is very manageable since the arriving and departing crowds are spread out.

Regarding #17: you’re correct on the timing of the wave. However the thumbs only go under the hand for current students to indicate that they are still holding their cap. The thumbs are out for graduates showing they no longer hold their cap and have graduated.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:05 AM

Never heard that for #17

You have a source for that? Seems weird as most still have a cover as a military member and would still need to hold that thumb in otherwise wouldn't be able to hold onto their cover. Also, even upperclassmen had covers. Did they not wave their covers at all?

I don't think that's right.

Re: RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition***

Oct 15, 2018, 11:27 AM

Oct 15, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition ]

That’s the way I’ve always understood it. I just asked my son who is a freshman at Clemson. He said that’s the way (thumb untucked for graduates) Tiger Band taught it to the students just before tiger prowl this year. Maybe a Tiger band member could validate that? I’ve also seen it written the way you indicate. I’ll see if I can put my hands on something...

Oct 15, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: RULES for Clemson Fans this Weekend -- NC State 2018 edition ]

https://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions.html

Bottom right-hand of page. All thumbs tucked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 9:09 PM

?

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic