Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quozzel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Quozzel

Jan 20, 2019, 11:28 AM

All of us gettin' giddy about the 2020 class need to narrow overlook from you. PLEASE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be nice to have TigerBry and Tiger Woods back

Jan 20, 2019, 11:36 AM

those guys were awesome too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes Sir

Jan 20, 2019, 11:38 AM

/.

Re: It would be nice to have TigerBry and Tiger Woods back

Jan 20, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to It would be nice to have TigerBry and Tiger Woods back ]

Miss those guys. Not to promote other sites but shakinthesouthland.com has 2 guys that are very informative and in the know from a recruiting standpoint. Most posters there complain a lot (more than me here and I’m in the high percentage lol) but TommyK and Quacking something have good recruiting insight.

For what it’s worth both have said this will be the best class Clemson ever signs.

That's the dumper forum.

Jan 20, 2019, 12:41 PM

Birds of a feather...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be nice to have TigerBry and Tiger Woods back

Jan 20, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to It would be nice to have TigerBry and Tiger Woods back ]

TigerBry is around.

Re: Quozzel

Jan 20, 2019, 11:48 AM

Jimmy Greenbeans also gave nice updates on recruiting.

I enjoy following “recruiting” but now more relaxed ....

Jan 20, 2019, 12:54 PM

And trust in the coaches even when it’s a legacy or a three star.

Fun to hear about the young men, their stories, their stats and highlights. Plus it’s great to beat out the blue bloods and rivals for some of the elite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quozzel

Jan 20, 2019, 1:16 PM

I'm as giddy as you are.

The quality looks...awesome.

The thing I would worry about is, can this group keep both feet on the ground? You need a certain number of "glue" guys, developemental-prospects-with-high-upside who you'll have in the program for 4-5 years, because they know they have to bust their tails, work hard, and keep their egos parked, because they only had two or three stars by their names. Signing too many 3-and-done guys could (maybe) accelerate attrition and turnover, and maybe disrupt the chemistry of Clemson's locker room. I think, for instance, that Alabama's year-to-year attrition is too high and it's hurting them, and that the guys coming in are coming in because it's "Alabama" on the offer sheet and it's a path to the NFL, and they don't necessarily love Alabama.

We won like we did, as much as anything, because of the buy-in of the entire locker room...especially the four-and-five-year vets who came back and led the team that last year instead of jumping early - Wilkins, Ferrell, Bryant, Huggy Bear, and Hyatt in particular - and Alabama just did not have those guys.

If we ever stop having them, we aren't going to be what we are now either.

That's my only worry, though. Right now we're deciding between Ferraris and Porsches. Those are called "uptown problems".

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic