Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions on Streaming Clemson Football Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Questions on Streaming Clemson Football Games

Aug 21, 2019, 11:10 AM

I know this has been posted a number of times but if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I am looking at the various streaming services to get the ACC network and Clemson football games.

Can anyone provide answers to the following questions for each service?

What is the cost to have ACC network with ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN 3 on each service?

Does the service have a free trial offer than includes the ACC network and can be cancelled at no charge if I decide to not continue? In other words, can I try the service for the GT game and cancel at no cost if I don’t like it?

After the trial period what is the cancellation policy?

Do I have the streaming services listed correctly, if not can you please provide the proper name?

If I get the ACC network will I be able to see all Clemson games? Other than GT will most of the games be on either ABC or ESPN?

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks everyone for your help.

Hulu

You tube live

Spectrum

Sling

Other

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Questions on Streaming Clemson Football Games

Aug 21, 2019, 11:15 AM

This post reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/eMsdejYM-08

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 21, 2019, 11:21 AM

I'll be honest and straightforward with you.. Go with YoutubeTV. You can start the trial just to try it out and make sure you like it (I am 99.9% sure you will get every channel that YoutubeTV offers when you start the trial). The interface with YoutubeTV is the best for cord cutting services (might even be the best out of all services), you get 70+ channels, unlimited hours of DVR, you can have up to 6 accounts and 3 streams simultaneously, and more for just $50/month.

Just do it. You won't be disappointed.

PS: No, I do not work for YoutubeTV.. I am just a happy customer. :)

Aug 21, 2019, 11:26 AM

I just cut the cord and went with Hulu. I choose Hulu as I use fire stick as my portal and YT TV requires jumping through hoops to load on fire stick. At some point I will likely try YTTV but getting started with Hulu

Aug 21, 2019, 11:31 AM

Personally, I have never liked the firestick. I was always an Apple TV user as I like sticking with Apple when I have the chance. As for how I stream YoutubeTV, I made the decision to upgrade my TVs to smart TVs that have the ability to stream YoutubeTV (and I believe they have Hulu Live as well) that way I have one less remote and everything I need is in one place rather than multiple inputs. Just my preference though! Either way, cutting the cord is an awesome concept and I believe it is much better than DirectTV and Dish, etc.

Directv’s customer service and value > this post

Aug 21, 2019, 11:22 AM

Nm

Aug 21, 2019, 11:28 AM

Both Hulu Live and YouTube TV have one set price for their streaming live TV package. No additional cost to add ACCN as this will be included with the base package once the channel goes live. Sling, as far as I know, has not stated they will carry ACCN. I have reached out to Vue twice to verify which of their packages will have ACCN. Their 2nd tier pkg has SECN, Longhorn and BTN so I assume that tier will have ACCN in it....but that is an assumption. Below is an article from CordCutters who I follow for the latest in streaming news. FYI - if you are streaming from a Firestick or FireTV, you can not YET use YouTube TV as they have not yet loaded YouTube TV app into Amazon app store for Fire devices. They just say it is coming in near future.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/how-to-watch-the-acc-network-on-roku-fire-tv-apple-tv-more/

Aug 21, 2019, 11:40 AM

To piggyback on my previous reply, Sling has said they will carry ACCNX which isn't exactly the ACCN. The article (link below) describes it this way:

ACCNX will be an alternative to the ACCN channel. What it means is that ACCNX will give you more ACC games and sporting events to watch live, whereas ACCN will only be covering one game at a time. Think of it as like an ESPN 3 version of ACCN, which ironically is operated by ESPN.

https://appleosophy.com/2019/08/18/sling-tv-adds-accnx-to-channel-lineup/

Aug 21, 2019, 11:28 PM

Unless a deal is reached by tomorrow morning, it sounds like ACCNX will no longer be available on Sling starting tomorrow.

https://thestreamable.com/news/acc-network-extra-will-no-longer-be-available-on-sling-tv-unless-a-new-deal-is-reached

This isn't specific to Sling, however. Only customers of providers that have agreed to carry the linear ACC Network will have access to ACCNX beginning tomorrow.

It is now listed on their website, that ACCN will be on the

Aug 21, 2019, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Questions on Streaming Clemson Football Games ]

2nd tier price, which is $55 per month. This is the same tier that is required for SEC, most of the ESPN channels and the regional Fox Sports channels. Pretty much the same that can be had on YouTube for $50, and the YouTube interface is far, far superior!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are serious - here is my advice....

Aug 21, 2019, 11:43 AM

Forget Spectrum streaming service - their app is horrible and what they offer is crap. Sling has NOT signed on to carry the ACC Network as of yet so forget Sling as well. Recommend you focus on one of the following: Playstation Vue, Hulu Live, or YouTube TV. They all carry the ACC Network, offer free trials, and can be cancelled at any time without penalty.

Before picking a service - write down the channels that you regularly watch. Once you have this list compare your list of channels with the channels offered by PS Vue, Hulu Live and YouTube TV. No one on here can tell you the best service for you because it all depends on what channels you personally like to watch. In my case PS Vue had all the channels I like to watch as where the other two service providers did not.

By and large most of the streaming services offer similar capabilities (Cloud DVR, on Demand, multiple streams etc...). The big three also seem to offer just about the same methods of receiving the stream (i.e. Apple TV, Android app, Roku, Firestick, Windows PC etc...) so you probably won't notice much difference there either. What differentiates most services is the specific channels offered, package costs, DVR capabilities, and number of simultaneous streams. For all this you need to do your homework but here is a site that may help:

https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are serious - here is my advice....

Aug 21, 2019, 1:51 PM

Appreciate your detail. Thanks for posting. Exactly the information I was looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 11:45 AM

I’m trying to figure things out too. I have U-verse and am assuming they won’t pick up the ACCN. Here’s where my thought process is currently.
I have a standard HDTV (not a Smart TV with Apps) and it has an HDMI Port.
I’m going to purchase a Roku stick (trying to decide which one), the prices range from $35 to $100. Will probably place order on Amazon tonight.
I’m going to sign up for YouTube TV’s one week free trial on Monday or Tuesday. After the one week free trial I’ll either cancel or keep it and pay $50 per month and cancel my U-verse. YouTube TV had no contracts so you can cancel at anytime.

Aug 21, 2019, 1:22 PM

Thanks to everyone for the great information

They all seem to cost around $50 per month for me to get the

Aug 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

channels I want - which includes the sports channels you listed. There are packages less and more than that. They all have a 7 day trial. Cancel when you want. No contract. Once you pay for a month, you can cancel and it will turn off at the end of the "month", which will show on the website once you cancel. Easy peasy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 1:50 PM

You will be able to find a crystal clear HD stream on Reddit.

For free.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic