Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question For Recruiting Experts on Portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,530

Question For Recruiting Experts on Portal

Jul 21, 2019, 12:44 PM

What is the primary reason guys who will have to sit a season go to the portal? I get the ones who graduate and don't give up eligibility, but to give up a season is essentially saying "I can't cut it at the top program with the top players" isn't it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question For Recruiting Experts on Portal

Jul 21, 2019, 12:54 PM

They don't want to compete. It's just that simple as you eluded to.
I use to wonder how Bama was able to stack talent on top of talent. Because you can only play 11 at a time. But, top shelf players OP, have supreme confidence in their ability. The players confidence/ego will keep them on campus most of the time. Unless the player has a "leech" trying to get something out the player. The leeching person only See's how that player going pro getting a big contract will benefit them. Not necessarily what is best for the player.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 1:01 PM

Sitting out isn't all bad. In fact, it's a good thing most of the time. As it allows you to develop your body and knowledge of the game.
Again, leeches, often want the kid to come in year one and start. Then after Jr year go pro and get a contract. Impatiently waiting the whole time. Anything that derails those plans has to be met with drastic action. Sitting one year isn't ideal, but could be beneficial if you get to show your talent at the end of it more.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be the correct take

Jul 21, 2019, 12:55 PM

#wetoodeep

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 21, 2019, 1:05 PM

I believe that a NFL team that is looking at say 3 potential position players to draft that are pretty equal. The one that transferred during college would be over looked and thought of as giving up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 1:37 PM

I'm far from an NFL Scout, but a transfer would catch my eye. 'Why' would be the biggest question especially if the player left a perennial powerhouse that had maximum national exposure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Lol the NFL doesn't give a rip about “exposure”

Jul 21, 2019, 4:10 PM

QB’s that went to North Dakota St and Idaho went in the first round in recent years. Last year the Saints traded up (a lot) to take a DE in the first round from UTSA and the Texans drafted an OT from Alabama State this year.

Exposure doesn’t go into their evaluations at all

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It can be many things not related to competition..

Jul 21, 2019, 4:22 PM

A player may realize he doesn't fit a system. He may see his position overloaded with new players. He may have minor injuries which don't keep him from playing, but keep him from starting and simply want a year off. Grades could also be an issue. Or simply not liking the school as much as he thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,530
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic