Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pulling for Duke?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Pulling for Duke?

Mar 26, 2018, 7:01 AM

Been seeing people talk about the ACC money we will get for them winning. The question I have is this. If the money is so good why haven't we seen it make a difference in the past? Why has the ACC been good for fifty years while Clemson hasn't? Same with football. Our success doesn't make the bottom tier teams all of a sudden become perennial powers. I think the conference money allocations mean more to the smaller schools and conferences like the MVC with Loyola Chicago making their run. The ACC had more teams in the tournament than any other conference. Our checks going to look good regardless to how far rat face and the brotherhood make it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who watches a game when they have no interest?

Mar 26, 2018, 7:14 AM

People need to feel justified in picking a team when watching a game. If we want to watch a game we can manufacture and produce an interest even if it's as lame as conference affiliation.

I quit basketball Friday evening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who watches a game when they have no interest?

Mar 26, 2018, 7:26 AM

I'd rather for the team that put us out make the final four. Especially when we played them pretty tough. I feel like that would make us look better than someone from our conference making it.

I also had no problem with bill selfs comments after the game. I think that's people reaching for something to whine about. All athletes and coaches, especially good ones, have a somewhat arrogant demeanor after winning. I ain't mad at him for that

Let us hope TigerNet is as fortunate?

Mar 26, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Who watches a game when they have no interest? ]

:)

Good morning '88.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, Duke beat us out for one of the best

Mar 26, 2018, 8:15 AM

recruits Clemson could have ever signed in basketball, yet some Clemson fans wanted to see them get to another Final Four. I like it when ACC teams lose. FSU and Duke losing warmed my heart. UNC losing was truly a happy day for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Don't hate because Brownlee sh!t the bed...

Mar 26, 2018, 8:16 AM

Good morning, doooosh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't, he got us to the Sweet 16

Mar 26, 2018, 8:20 AM

You know, further than every ACC team except Cuse, Duke and FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So when does Zion matriculate Clemson? And ACC ACC ACC...

Mar 26, 2018, 8:25 AM

really?

They can most all die horribly slow Tourney deaths for all I care, which I don't really, save Duke.

He doesn't, so now I really hate them.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:29 AM

Look, we spend all season rooting against them, I'm not gonna stop late in the tournament. I actually have some self respect, unlike Carlsbad®

I've a history, but considering my disdain for all others

Mar 26, 2018, 8:39 AM

in the ACC ACC ACC, save Clemson, I'm witch you - no homers.

Is their anything that has queered up Collegiate Athletics more than the inception by ESPN of Conference Pride?

I don't get wanting to kick your conference foes heads in most year long, then go all Goodship Lollipop over a couple dollars in selling your everlasting soul? Fug em, fug em all.

In the season we are competingin our conference vs them.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:51 AM

After that I really don't care what happens to them unless we are playing them in the tournament. Only team I have a passion for watching lose at all times is USCjr. I am apathetic to all other teams generally, unless it is a great Cinderella story like pulling for Loyola.

I don't have a passion for anyone losing, save maybe VPI...

Mar 26, 2018, 8:58 AM

in football, but I've never pulled for a team or made a choice between two competing schools, simply because one is a conference sister school.

That's ESPN Social-Sports engineering, making winners of Gamecocks since ~2007, because Bama done good?

Know reesen to landbast me******

Mar 26, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to He doesn't, so now I really hate them. ]

If people would have cared as much back in the early 90s...

Mar 26, 2018, 8:48 AM

the Woohoo might have been stamped out before it took root, then spread amongst our yutes.

No, GWPTiger® is doing the lowered's work by showing you & others, a better way.

Sure there is, you said you were rooting for Duke right?

Mar 26, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Know reesen to landbast me****** ]

That deserves a landblasting of yuge proportions. Hth.

Rooting is the wrong word. I was not rooting for them.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:03 AM

I would have preferred them for a minor reason of Clemson's benefit, but not rooting. Generally I don't root for any teams other than Clemson. Although, I will root for Loyola this weekend.

Many a slip twix the cup & the lip...

Mar 26, 2018, 9:06 AM

"minor reason of Clemson's benefit..." - I'm sure you've said too much already.

Sad is I, but to each their own.

Minor in the sense that the extra money wasn't that much*****

Mar 26, 2018, 9:09 AM

Maybe you're only mostly dead to GWP? Mostly dead...

Mar 26, 2018, 9:12 AM

is still slightly alive, but GWP is not the forgiving type, not when your heart is so easily swayed by "a small amount of money, really not that much."?

It appears worse than first imagined.

I will seek treatment.*****

Mar 26, 2018, 9:18 AM

Sorry, you're either with us or against us

Mar 26, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Rooting is the wrong word. I was not rooting for them. ]

and you can't be a little pregnant. There are two options:

Option 1: Prefer Duke wins = rooting for Duke

Option 2: You're a Clemson fan, you hate Duke and you root against them

I am going to prove my hatred for Duke.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:10 AM

I am going on a hunger strike until Coach K is fired.

My reasoning was that I don't care about either team.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:19 AM

The only team in the USA that I pull against is USCjr. So, if two teams I don't care about are playing, and Clemson gets money if one of them wins, I will go with the team that helps Clemson financially.

Nope.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:32 AM

N/M

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic